Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • 81-90

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Enjoy.
Honestly theres alot of bs about it.
People spreading that vid where you clear the area and now its safe ( like AC ) Ghost of Tsushima had the same thing. ROR has good combat and more stuff to do then both games. Its just usual PS hate, PC gamers and Xbots going all out as usual.

Elden Ring and Zelda has created some really fussy people when it comes to open world games too
The Elden Ring in particular. It like some people were hoping for Team Ninja's version of Elden Ring rather than what they went with with Rise of the Ronin being more of a mainstream traditional open world game.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The Elden Ring in particular. It like some people were hoping for Team Ninja's version of Elden Ring rather than what they went with with Rise of the Ronin being more of a mainstream traditional open world game.
Yep.
You really cant have this mysterious open world game design that games like Elden Ring/Zelda have with crowded historical towns like ROR.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People who bought this seem to be enjoying it alot. Looking at some other places.

The biased reviews and media really did a number on this game, it deserved alot more

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just finished the prologue and I'm now in the open-world. It looks surprisingly great to me, no issues at all with the graphics. I'm playing with unlocked framerate because I have a VRR Sony TV.

I unlocked the first camp and I have a horse to go explore 😎

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just finished the prologue and I'm now in the open-world. It looks surprisingly great to me, no issues at all with the graphics. I'm playing with unlocked framerate because I have a VRR Sony TV.

I unlocked the first camp and I have a horse to go explore 😎
Enjoy. I loved it, especially when later the bosses become more complex

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

How big of an open world? Hmm like how many hours maybe? I’m down for a 60 to 80 hour max game including side quests. But that’s the most I think… and I’d have to like it.

Our resident impressions are enough to consider dropping on it right now 😯

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How big of an open world? Hmm like how many hours maybe? I’m down for a 60 to 80 hour max game including side quests. But that’s the most I think… and I’d have to like it.

Our resident impressions are enough to consider dropping on it right now 😯
For the story, Id say 20-25 hours. Overall its been 60 hours, I havent got all the open world collectables and moves though, so maybe 65-70 hours. But Im hearing some people take up to 80 hours. They must be riding around and messing around lol

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
GOT was made by Western team. If by Japanese setting then ROR has more to do in the open world than GOT for sure

Tsushima managed to take the asscreed formula and even after playing the last few games and growing sick of the staleness… it still works!

Maybe it’s the use of color and the art direction and beauty of the landscapes. Maybe it’s because the world is clearly handcrafted and not churned out. Tsushima is a marvel and along with Santa Monica’s GoW games and Bloodborne the best PlayStation single player exclusives I’ve ever played.

If Ronin does its world better… makes you wonder.

Regardless… shogun is absolutely incredible and I’m so in the mood for this stuff.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Loving the game so far, cant want to get back home to play more tonight
How far are you in? Sorry if that sounds a bit sexual.

going back in history channel GIF by HISTORY UK

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Umm it’s good? Kinda feels like souls game without the punishment. Had no idea about the twin character setup. Performance is good.

No regrets on spending that $70 so far

its great man

sleeper hit for sure im loving it