Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • 81-90

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
The reviewers did this game dirty. Totally deserves at least an 8 on combat gameplay alone
They did not do it dirty, they made a conscious decision to score a multiplat game with all its issues releasing on the same day higher. There has been a weird push to make multiplatform games seem a bigger success than they are since 2021 as xbox continues to crash. Makes you wonder that's all I am saying. If ronin would have been multiplat guaranteed it would score atleast 6-7 points higher. On the same note if Dragon's Dogma 2 would have been a playstation exclusive, the performance issues would have made the game be raked over coals

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They did not do it dirty, they made a conscious decision to score a multiplat game with all its issues releasing on the same day higher. There has been a weird push to make multiplatform games seem a bigger success than they are since 2021 as xbox continues to crash. Makes you wonder that's all I am saying. If ronin would have been multiplat guaranteed it would score atleast 6-7 points higher. On the same note if Dragon's Dogma 2 would have been a playstation exclusive, the performance issues would have made the game be raked over coals
If Dragons Dogma 2 was released as PS5 exclusive, the game would have been slaughtered as Dragons Dogma 1,2. All that performance, mtx etc.. and extra shit like no horses, no swimming etc..

We had like huge puddlegate controversy and it just pale in comparison to DD2.
It is just one of tens of examples.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I agree with what your saying.
Thats what i mean by they did it dirty, conciously.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Rise of the Ronin is not advertised on PSN 🤡

I see Hi-fi Rush (Fullscreen), The Show and TLOU2. Is it the same everywhere? It's very weird how Sony handled this release. A fucking mess. Tecmo should sue them and cut all ties.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024

I see Hi-fi Rush (Fullscreen), The Show and TLOU2. Is it the same everywhere? It's very weird how Sony handled this release. A fucking mess. Tecmo should sue them and cut all ties.
I can see ronin and DD2, maybe it changes country to country or on a periodic basis

• Surprised

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
On regarding marketing for Ronin, Sony did everything that they do for their own first party games except do a Ronin specific state of play. They did a SS:KJTL state of play but not Ronin should be a question mark. But I do think Ronin is a much better play on your own than show the game type of game

• brain

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Gamingbolt posted a "What went wrong?" video for Ronin and folks in the comments are roasting their obvious astroturfing to high heaven. Love it. Lol.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Its getting a bit more advertisement in some stores in Jpana than FF7. So weird how they handled FF7, they should of plastered it everyhere like how Nintendo does

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
On regarding marketing for Ronin, Sony did everything that they do for their own first party games except do a Ronin specific state of play. They did a SS:KJTL state of play but not Ronin should be a question mark. But I do think Ronin is a much better play on your own than show the game type of game
Sony is good for marketing their big tentpoles games (GOW, Spider-Man) but the rest is very low-key on their own channels (blog, twitter, YouTube).

Anyway, I just started Dragons Dogma 2 to compare the feel of the game and DD2 is very stiff and I don't see anything in the presentation and graphics that is beyond what Ronin is doing. The colors are also very bland, medieval and gray rocks.

Its getting a bit more advertisement in some stores in Jpana than FF7. So weird how they handled FF7, they should of plastered it everyhere like how Nintendo does
They dropped the ball on both FF7 and Ronin. Too close from each other and all their attention is on Helldivers and PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Sony is good for marketing their big tentpoles games (GOW, Spider-Man) but the rest is very low-key on their own channels (blog, twitter, YouTube).

Anyway, I just started Dragons Dogma 2 to compare the feel of the game and DD2 is very stiff and I don't see anything in the presentation and graphics that is beyond what Ronin is doing. The colors are also very bland, medieval and gray rocks.

They dropped the ball on both FF7 and Ronin. Too close from each other and all their attention is on Helldivers and PC.
The best thing that can happen for final fantasy is for Square to become first party, Currently its in this wishy washy state where the games are great but the final polishing - the cherry on top is missing. I personally don't care because Square Enix is my favorite developer and I buy all their japanese developed games day 1. FF7 rebirth marketing was good but it needed the same type of marketing like GOW:R to push it to the next level. I hope they bring out the big guns for FF17 and the 3rd part of FF7 remake.

• they're_right_you_know

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I bet it dies but how does it look in comparison to GOT?

It doesn’t look better than either Tsushima on ps5 or sekiro IMO. But the performance mode runs great and looks crisp. It’s not a stunning game but far easier on the eyes than Ff16 or some other unoptimized wreck.

Edit: I haven’t seen much… art direction is paramount. I have zero complaints now and later may have much nicer things to say about its world.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It doesn’t look better than either Tsushima on ps5 or sekiro IMO. But the performance mode runs great and looks crisp. It’s not a stunning game but far easier on the eyes than Ff16 or some other unoptimized wreck.

Edit: I haven’t seen much… art direction is paramount. I have zero complaints now and later may have much nicer things to say about its world.
I will keep an eye out I'm curious.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
you know reviewers didn't play through shit, when they cry about icons on the map.

you can remove all icons from the map if you wish. leave it empty and explore if you into that. crazy, when some games a torn apart by having accessibility features and others don't.
like having nothing on the map is praised. yet, Ronin offers that, yet people still complained. it is clear, this media bias.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
you know reviewers didn't play through shit, when they cry about icons on the map.

you can remove all icons from the map if you wish. leave it empty and explore if you into that. crazy, when some games a torn apart by having accessibility features and others don't.
like having nothing on the map is praised. yet, Ronin offers that, yet people still complained. it is clear, this media bias.
Those dummies I believe rarely even finish games.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Someone please tell me if they matched the greatness that is Nioh 2. DD2 is probably gonna be done this week, so i'll be starting this on the weekend. Don't really care what anyone tells me but Nioh 2 and FF SoP are modern classics... wo long was meh so im curious where this one will sit with me.

Last edited: