Rumor of PlayStation using Third Party to help "catch up" after GAAS misfires gathers credibility

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What was the point of buying a studio like Blue Point by the way? Gotta be the most pointless acquisition at this point

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Concord studio says hi. But yes, shame they're not working on old IPs. Then again, the rest of the studios are doing God knows what.
FireWalk made a very good game. I don't want to derail the thread into this again. However Blue Point has been downgraded to a support studio for other studios. Should have left them alone and let them continue to do contract work.

Hence my comment

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
What was the point of buying a studio like Blue Point by the way? Gotta be the most pointless acquisition at this point
wasn't it because Bluepoint was historically pretty darn good at remastering older games?
I would've figured they would've been kept around to do more projects like the MGS HD Collection and the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
wasn't it because Bluepoint was historically pretty darn good at remastering older games?
I would've figured they would've been kept around to do more projects like the MGS HD Collection and the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
That's my point? They have been reduced to nothing ever since the acquisition

Reactions: TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
That's my point? They have been reduced to nothing ever since the acquisition
Ahhh :/
That's really sad honestly
if Sony wants to keep remastering games they should be getting bluepoint to take on some of their older titles instead of having other studios spruce up PS4 titles imo

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
FireWalk made a very good game. I don't want to derail the thread into this again. However Blue Point has been downgraded to a support studio for other studios. Should have left them alone and let them continue to do contract work.

Hence my comment
Oh no, I have no opinion on on way or the other Concord, just had no interest in it. I was talking about working on a game for years just to have it closed 2 weeks later.

BP had a VERY good start with the remake and then just dropped off the radar. Let's get Killzone or Resistance. But aren't the latest rumors of them working on an Uncharted 1 remake or is that another studio?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Oh no, I have no opinion on on way or the other Concord, just had no interest in it. I was talking about working on a game for years just to have it closed 2 weeks later.

BP had a VERY good start with the remake and then just dropped off the radar. Let's get Killzone or Resistance. But aren't the latest rumors of them working on an Uncharted 1 remake or is that another studio?
Well FireWalk got a game out after they were bought, it was good, however it failed. At least we see what they were working on since the buyout.

We haven't seen anything from BluePoint since Demons Souls... We know they did support work on Ragnarok.

Either they've been mismanaged or the acquisition itself was a waste at this point so far.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
People don't understand you buy studios for the long term.

Why is it gamers want to judge a large purchase based on limited performance?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Ahhh :/
That's really sad honestly
if Sony wants to keep remastering games they should be getting bluepoint to take on some of their older titles instead of having other studios spruce up PS4 titles imo
That's exactly what I was hoping for, to see them get expanded and have them set up a BC department to focus on PS1 - PS3 era. Instead they throw into helping SSM - finish up Ragnarok and whatever else now they're assisting with. A lot of talent being wasted

Reactions: TrishaCat

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Well FireWalk got a game out after they were bought, it was good, however it failed. At least we see what they were working on since the buyout.

We haven't seen anything from BluePoint since Demons Souls... We know they did support work on Ragnarok.

Either they've been mismanaged or the acquisition itself was a waste at this point so far.
So much like the rest of the studios...

If we don't hear from ALL of them this year, something is very wrong. You don't go 4 years without a peep on what you're doing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People don't understand you buy studios for the long term.

Why is it gamers want to judge a large purchase based on limited performance?

What do you wants us gamers to do? Comment on the long term? Talk about stuff that will in happen in 2034? That we know nothing about?

No, we are gonna talk about the present and what has happened since their last release in 2020... If that bothers you, feel free to keep scrolling.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
What do you wants us gamers to do?
Think rationally and make logical statements? Is that really too much to ask?

BluePoint was purchased by PlayStation in 2021 after they released Demons Souls Remake.

Games take 5 plus years to make now. Why are we pushing the panic button on them 3.7 years after the release of Demons Souls?

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Guys, you're taking this way too seriously, it's an old Vita game that 90% of you never heard of. You can start throwing a fit when they start putting their super major 1st party games day one on PC/Switch, that'd be the day to start transitioning into PC
Ah so a PS franchise that could’ve been revive & build up like what Sega did with the Persona franchise.

Freedom Wars, great name & could cater to japanese/asia market to grow instead they bend the knee to PC & Nintendo. Idk but Sony is just telling me that I should invest in my PC & Nintendo console as those platforms will get almost everything PS & those platform won’t diminish there platform/storefront unlike PS.

Who wouldve thought PS would position itself in the same position as Xbox. We went from the dominate PS4 thinking PS would double & triple down on there platform & exclusive but nah we got the opposite. The only thing saving PS5 is coasting off the PS4 hype, Xbox being dog shit & Nintendo Switch being weak where it can’t play 3rd party. But it’s looking like Switch 2 will play just about all PS 3rd party day n date at the power of a PS4 if not a little stronger + having Nintendo exclusive games & PS games (which could increase) also Valve & the Steamdeck 2 will be at the power of PS5 being sold at $500 (which Steamdeck 1 already plays PS4 & PS5 games) PS is not looking to good as a platform to invest into

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Bluepoint working on a new ip that’s AAA & will have a budget of 200 million (something PS needs less of, especially when it’s coming from a remake/support studio) Sony better hope that game bangs because from the concept art it looks eh at best. Not exactly sure who thought it would be a good idea for Bluepoint to make a 200 million AAA game when there not really known on making good new games. Bluepoint is know for making good remakes not sure people will cough up $70 for a new game from Bluepoint. But I know people will cough up $70 for a inFAMOUS 1 & 2 remake & it would easily sell 10+ million copies

Should’ve probably gave Bluepoint a existing ip first like inFAMOUS, Socom, Syphon Filter, Jak & Daxter & seeing if they can make a good spin off first before making a AAA 200 million dollars new ip

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Think rationally and make logical statements? Is that really too much to ask?

BluePoint was purchased by PlayStation in 2021 after they released Demons Souls Remake.

Games take 5 plus years to make now. Why are we pushing the panic button on them 3.7 years after the release of Demons Souls?
Who is pushing panic button? Am I not allowed to voice an opinion a studio Sony now list as support studio? Again if the discussion bothers you, skip over my posts and spare the dumb condescending replies.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Bluepoint working on a new ip that’s AAA & will have a budget of 200 million (something PS needs less of, especially when it’s coming from a remake/support studio) Sony better hope that game bangs because from the concept art it looks eh at best. Not exactly sure who thought it would be a good idea for Bluepoint to make a 200 million AAA game when there not really known on making good new games. Bluepoint is know for making good remakes not sure people will cough up $70 for a new game from Bluepoint. But I know people will cough up $70 for a inFAMOUS 1 & 2 remake & it would easily sell 10+ million copies

Should’ve probably gave Bluepoint a existing ip first like inFAMOUS, Socom, Syphon Filter, Jak & Daxter & seeing if they can make a good spin off first before making a AAA 200 million dollars new ip
Where do you get your information from? I smell fart