Rumor of PlayStation using Third Party to help "catch up" after GAAS misfires gathers credibility

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They killed the studio. Made it support studio. Unfortunately, we won't see a new game running in their incredible tech.
Apparently we are being irrational for speaking on about this lol. Even though Team Asobi was able to announce and get a game out since then... Housemarque was able to confirm they are working on a NEW IP

But it's supposedly weird to question why one of the most efficient studios that worked with PlayStation for over a decade suddenly can't announce anything

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's my point? They have been reduced to nothing ever since the acquisition
If they started on a remake after Demons Souls, we could of had Ico and another remake by 2025. It took them and a support team 2.5 -3 years to make Shadow of Collosus and Demons Souls each.

God of War Ragnarok could of just had another support studio to help them. Maybe get some of the Bluepoint to help to gain experience like they wanted

Reactions: arvfab

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Who is pushing panic button? Am I not allowed to voice an opinion a studio Sony now list as support studio? Again if the discussion bothers you, skip over my posts and spare the dumb condescending replies.
It's not your opinion that bothers me. It's you not understanding how the game industry works. Who expects something out of BluePoint Studios so soon after the release of Demons Souls Remake? No one. I wouldn't expect their next game until 2026 or 2027. That means we're still likely a year or two away from seeing anything out of their game.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Apparently we are being irrational for speaking on about this lol. Even though Team Asobi was able to announce and get a game out since then... Housemarque was able to confirm they are working on a NEW IP
You do realize that different games take different lengths of time to make right? Just because Asobi was able to use A TON of assets from Rescue Mission and the PS5 pack in title, doesn't mean BluePoint should be held to the same standard. We really have to see what they're making first.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I can't believe I am saying this but friggin Bloober and Konami is more deserving of money than Sony and the until dawn clowns. Next week nintendo gets a zelda that will release to both critical and commercial acclaim while Sony showcases trailers of Horizon zero dawn remaster and until dawn remake at their SoP.

You can't make this shit up lol, Pure buffoonery

Reactions: arvfab

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You do realize that different games take different lengths of time to make right? Just because Asobi was able to use A TON of assets from Rescue Mission and the PS5 pack in title, doesn't mean BluePoint should be held to the same standard. We really have to see what they're making first.
Bluepoint was turned into a support studio. They don't have a new game coming in 2027 or even 2040. That was his point.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If they started on a remake after Demons Souls, we could of had Ico and another remake by 2025. It took them and a support team 2.5 -3 years to make Shadow of Collosus and Demons Souls each.

God of War Ragnarok could of just had another support studio to help them. Maybe get some of the Bluepoint to help to gain experience like they wanted
Exactly! They were extremely efficient and I was so excited at the prospect of them being under Sony since they'd have access to more resources. I can't believe they have wasted such a remarkable studio, especially after the CEO even stated they'd love to finally venture into creating their own IP's

Reactions: Kokoloko and arvfab

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Bluepoint was turned into a support studio. They don't have a new game coming in 2027 or even 2040. That was his point.
Even if that's true (I need to see the source) then he undervalues the importance of the function of a support studio. The idea that they were a wasted purchase shows an ignorance of what they're actually working on and adding to.

We just have so little information about anything going on at these studios that it creates a vacuum of ignorance. We need to fill that vacuum with logic and rational thought.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm convinced some of you guys on this site go out of your way just so I can be rude to y'all. Bro, avoid my posts because you are saying a lot right now but really just saying nothing of substance.

I don't need your explanation about how the industry works, nor did I recall asking for it.

Again, Move Along.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
logic and rational thought.
LMAO logic and rational thought from dunce in boxes

Dude you epitomize this gif
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

• they're_right_you_know

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I'm convinced some of you guys on this site go out of your way just so I can be rude to y'all. Bro, avoid my posts because you are saying a lot right now but really just saying nothing of substance.

I don't need your explanation about how the industry works, nor did I recall asking for it.

Again, Move Along.
If you can not support your position with a logical rebuttal then you willfully choose ignorance. How is that fun?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If you can not support your position with a logical rebuttal then you willfully choose ignorance. How is that fun?
Are you dumb? I literally mentioned that studios who released around the same time have been able to give updates on what they are doing currently except them. If you can't comprehend then stop clogging my notifications. I really don't care to have a dumb back forth with you.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, Bluepoint developed Blast Factor, released back in 2007 as the first PS3 1080p 60fps game.

Since then they have been a support team who worked on ports, remasters or remakes for Sony (with MGS HD Collection and Titanfall as exceptions), and more recently codeveloping GoWR.

After Demon's Souls they moved away from ports/remasters/remakes, so will work only now as support team codeveloping new games as they did in GoWR.

Even if that's true (I need to see the source) then he undervalues the importance of the function of a support studio. The idea that they were a wasted purchase shows an ignorance of what they're actually working on and adding to.

We just have so little information about anything going on at these studios that it creates a vacuum of ignorance. We need to fill that vacuum with logic and rational thought.
Here you have some receipts:
image.png

God of War Ragnarok game credits: https://www.mobygames.com/game/195074/god-of-war-ragnarok/credits/playstation-4/?autoplatform=true

List of their workers in LinkedIn, you can compare it with the GoWR credits to try to find if they had anyone before GOWR reached gold not working on GoWR and if they have anyone in key positions to lead their own game as would be game director or creative director: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bluepoint-games/people/

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes, Bluepoint developed Blast Factor, released back in 2007 as the first PS3 1080p 60fps game.

Since then they have been a support team who worked on ports, remasters or remakes for Sony (with MGS HD Collection and Titanfall as exception), and more recently codeveloping GoWR.

After Demon's Souls they moved away from ports/remasters/remakes, so will work only now as support team codeveloping new games as they did in GoWR.
You mean they were shoved into being a support studio, quit covering for Hermens failure as a leader in ruining the studio.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Are you dumb?
Be above this. It's boring.
I literally mentioned that studios who released around the same time have been able to give updates on what they are doing currently except them. If you can't comprehend then stop clogging my notifications. I really don't care to have a dumb back forth with you.
And I educated you on the fact that different games require different development strategy. We have no idea what they're working on. It could be effective. It could be a waste of resources. We won't know until they finally show it off and we can get our hands on it.

Judging them at this point is foolish.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Be above this. It's boring.

And I educated you on the fact that different games require different development strategy. We have no idea what they're working on. It could be effective. It could be a waste of resources. We won't know until they finally show it off and we can get our hands on it.

Judging them at this point is foolish.
You educated me on nothing. In order to offer knowledge you'd first to have to possess the vernacular to have basic reading and comprehension skill set, so you can understand what you read, to be able to offer up coherent responses that would actually corelate back to the points expressed in the comments you're replying to.

Have a good day.