Rumor: Sony is changing strategy and no longer announcing games too early. Sucker's Punch New Game being announced this year.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Do you count Death Stranding as PS? Project Athia/Forspoken? Marathon and, uhhhh, the GaaS that isn't Fairgames. The battlefront remake?

Well, the recent showcase with Marathon and fairgames etc did have too much cgi and too much GAAS.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This thread specifically says we still don't have the full slate lol

Every Sony Interactive Entertainment published game on PS5 is a first party game, so HD2, RotR and SB are first party.

Like I said, bangers after bangers after bangers.

The mental gymnastics users like you go through....

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
But if you mean internally developed (meaning Sony owned studio as lead dev studio) first party (so published by Sony) games, for 2024 they have announced until now:
  • TLOUP2 Remastered
  • MLB 24
  • HFW (PC port)
  • GoT (PC port)
  • Destiny 2 The Final Shape
  • Concord

So a bunch of PC ports, a dlc and Last of Us Remastered yet again
Plus a sports game
And concord the space burger game

This is the worst year for Playstation Studios

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Plus a sports game

Find comfort in the fact that your misery brings me great joy

Reactions: Yurinka

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Plus a sports game

Two Xbox games as well. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Box

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
Oh, they are changing it now? So all this time they just had a complete lack of games to announce?

Any game not annouced by next year will not release as a current gen only game. Seems like they just want to string people along.

I'll never understand where Sony got this idea that never annoucing games is somehow good. The best thing for the PS5 is to announce and promote as many future games as possible.

This whole strategy is beyond stupid and it only stops free marketing and momentum.

I cant wait for the day I'll sell my PlayStation and never look back, Sony deserves for their next console to completelly flop. These beancounting bastards will kill the PlayStation brand in record time.

I think people are reading that post wrong. They are changing it for the better. Right now, they only show games when it seems to be less than a year out.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think people are reading that post wrong. They are changing it for the better. Right now, they only show games when it seems to be less than a year out.
Right now they don't show any games and release only games that aren't made by internal studios.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Plus a sports game

So Sony has nothing in the pipeline for the next year as well? Because I'm not seeing any new game reveals
Well, according to you Sony has nothing this and next year. What is next, to say that Sony never released any game?

I really wonder if when people says such nonsensical, absolutely clearly fake, stupid and wrong stuff really believe such lies because there's something wrong in your head.

Specially when insisting after someone else told you the thruth, which can be easily double checked with a simple quick google search.

Reactions: mckmas8808

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
2025 is already gearing up to be a juggernaut year. GTA6, Monster Hunter, Judas, Marathon, Death Stranding 2 & from the leaks Venom. No better time to own a PS5/Pro.

In my opinion FPS have been severely lacking/underperforming this gen so I am hyped to see how Concord the first FPS from PS in a decade will turn out.

Folks saying there are no games are putting in mental gymnastics on themselves when there is literally too much games coming out since the start of the year on PS5 unlike on the competitors.

Regarding SilkKnight it's not like the PS4 gen where Sony was pretty much forced to show the remaining gen cause they had the stamp of Indiestation 4, Sony has been obviously keeping their cards pretty close to answer/counter moves from MS this gen, watch Sony announce their show when Hellblade 2 comes out, just like when they put GoW on Starfield and when that got delayed Spider-Man 2 near it when they had BG3. Just to take the winds out of sail for MS.

Last edited:
Reactions: mckmas8808

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We already knew about them not announcing stuff too soon. The real news in announcing just a few 1st party gamesbthis year.

This site has a pretty strong community that cries doom every time Sony farts. I even called them out myself at times.

But can you really blame them?

You can't keep screwing around with these announcements. You need to go all in and tell people what to expect until the end if the generation. Their studios took a year off and there's no excuse not to show off what they've been doing.

Most of 1st party hasn't shown anything in 3 years or more. It's ridiculous.
People here constantly cries about lack of announcements even if Sony announced several games in the last year.

If they would announce all the games from now until the end of the generation, then it means they wouldn't have anything else to announce for a while, so they'd spend years without having anything to announce. So these haters would be even more annoying crying harder and even more frequently. In addition to reject the clear existance of the Sony games like dumb crybaby kids, they would even reject the existance of the console and the brand.

And when showing games too early, then people would get even more angry when some game get cancelled, delayed or gets changes that in some case may be "downgrades". So would cry even harder.

The current strategy is better: they announce games to be released maximum in a year and a half, so the wait isn't too long. Showing the game for the first time pretty close to the release, when it's months away and basically getting the last tweaks, optimizations and being bugfixed, they can afford themselves to show the game showing gameplay that will look pretty likely like the final one, and highly reduces the changes of getting delayed after getting a release date, and to be cancelled because the game is almost complete when announced. In addition to this, announcing the game later keeps devs a longer time without a big pressure on them.

And well, games like Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok and Helldivers 2 have breaking sales records with a small amount of gameplay trailers. I mean, Helldivers 2 got announced in the late may showcase of last year and got released early February, under 9 months later.

They don't need a super long marketing campaign with a ton of different trailers to break sales records.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Well, according to you Sony has nothing this and next year. What is next, to say that Sony never released any game?

I really wonder if when people says such nonsensical, absolutely clearly fake, stupid and wrong stuff really believe such lies because there's something wrong in your head.

Specially when insisting after someone else told you the thruth, which can be easily double checked with a simple quick google search.

According to you we should be counting Helldivers 2 as an Xbox game since they Use Azure for it's servers

Also aren't you the same guy who claimed call of duty was a Sony first party because they published the Japanese version?

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The current strategy is better: they announce games to be released maximum in a year and a half, so the wait isn't too long

You have zero proof that this is even Sonys strategy, this is a fan made theory that guys like you think is fact.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
You have zero proof that this is even Sonys strategy, this is a fan made theory that guys like you think is fact.
GKWonQwWQAA7xCo

SO Zuby_Tech

''fan made theory''.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
The younger gamer me wanted all of the leaks and every single piece of information regarding games ASAP. Non-wealthy adult me who has been worked hard, I'm happy for PlayStation Studios. Apparently the not announcing games as early as Sony use to is to avoid deadline based crunch. Treat your golden gooses (devs + designers) healthy and keep them happy to reap the benefits, you just gotta ignore the impatient gamers who feel entitled to information regarding games they've not put a dollar into yet. They'll be there as long as the games are good.

What Sony really needs to do is help find some new small studios and slowly build them up into a premium PlayStation studio.