Rumour: Microsoft is preparing an offer of $16B for Valve

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Even if the source is fake, which it probably is, I wouldn't be surprised if MS does make a bit eventually and regulators will again eat it up.

24 Jun 2022
Even if the source is fake, which it probably is, I wouldn't be surprised if MS does make a bit eventually and regulators will again eat it up.

They won't, and regulators won't approve it either. Unless Steam's market share massively drops on its own, of course.

Regulators aren't above being investigated themselves. With all the market evidence of how the Zenimax & ABK M&As have (so far) only produced theoretical and negligible benefits for Microsoft Corp, not the industry (net or statistically flat Xbox gaming division growth, mass firings, studio closures), nor players (rumored Game Pass price increase), regulators would be committing suicide approving a MS buyout of Valve.

At least we could finally learn the full extent of Judge Corley's connections to Microsoft, though 😉

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Microsoft will find a way to bribe the regulators. I mean it's an American company like Microsoft is. Way easier for them over an Overseas company to bribe Antitrust authorities.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
lol. 16b is too low. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
gonna be comical to watch Valve fanboys having to pay for online multiplayer tho
Look at how Valve fanboys reacted when sony wanted them to sign up for a free psn account to play helldivers. I dont think the reaction an acquisition like this would be met with the same applause as the ABK deal. I dont know what pull an entire community of steam fanboys would have but i imagine it could get ugly.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Awful source, would never get past regulators or MS would’ve done that long before ABK.
Everybody said ABK gets never approved, but in the end it was. Valve is also American, not European or Asian, which would play in Microsoft's cards.