Rumour: Microsoft is preparing an offer of $16B for Valve

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
For $70 billion I'd rather have Valve than ABK, so this seems a bit backwards.

Even so, I can imagine Sarah Bond right now, stuffing a briefcase with $16 billion dollaroos and a couple of Xbox T-shirts. Such genius' that they are.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Inevitable, congratulations Sony, even if it's fake this time it is extremely likely to be true when Gabe moves on to something else.

If Valve gets sold to MS for less than Sony is willing to pay for Paramount I vow to never buy anther Sony product ever again.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lol PC fanboys have meltdowns across different threads on Twitter. 💀
Just for the laughs this merger would be hilarious.

Reactions: Luffy123

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Lol PC fanboys have meltdowns across different threads on Twitter. 💀
Just for the laughs this merger would be hilarious.
Just for the laugh if this was to happen, MS would easily take down Sony and Nintendo in the long run unless another store were to quickly take over Steam's market share. I don't trust PC players when it comes to boycotting anything.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Well we have seen in the documents leaked by the court, that indeed Microsoft is targeting Valve Corporation as M&A target. Thoughts about Microsoft buying Valve?
Enjoy the discussion.

Source
Bladesmiths Not Happening GIF by DefyTV

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
16 billion? Whoever created this rumor doesn't know anything about the market, Valve is worth at least double that

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Fake or not, you all know this is their plan and it will happen eventually. Regulators are a fucking joke, some of you still have faith in them after what happened lmao 🤣

MS will get whatever they want in any country. They will always find a way. Make peace with that.

Reactions: Etifilio and Puff

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Fake or not, you all know this is their plan and it will happen eventually. Regulators are a fucking joke, some of you still have faith in them after what happened lmao 🤣

MS will get whatever they want in any country. They will always find a way. Make peace with that.
and i hope it happens, Sony needs a wake up call, they're giving a competitor storefront too much power with their system seller franchises...

• fire

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

I also remember they thought they could secure Baldur's Gate 3 for Gamepass for $5M back around 2021-2022.

I don't think anyone expected Baldur's Gate 3 to essentially be Larian Studio's Witcher 3 "moment".
But the first Divinity(2014)sold 2.5M by 2019 and the second was estimated to be 6M+ even at the time those spreadsheets were being made by some guy at the Gamepass division.

It's amateur hour over there.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Not in Japan or Asia. There is a difference between them. If your claim would be true they would already acquired an Asian company.

Last edited:
  • haha

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Thank you MS for making hardcore gamers abscessed with acquisition

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Just for the laugh if this was to happen, MS would easily take down Sony and Nintendo in the long run unless another store were to quickly take over Steam's market share. I don't trust PC players when it comes to boycotting anything.

PC players successfully boycotted the Epic Games Store. PC players boycott, whine and screams until things go they way.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
anyway, i hope this is true and MS does buy Valve, i hope they start charging for multiplayer from Steam Users, i hope they end the refund policies, i hope they also increase prices of games to $70 and make it a standard for PC gaming, people are locked to Steam on PC and they chose to lock themselfs in one single storefront, they made Steam a monopoly, it's their own fault if it ends up happening.

• fire

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
anyway, i hope this is true and MS does buy Valve, i hope they start charging for multiplayer from Steam Users, i hope they end the refund policies, i hope they also increase prices of games to $70 and make it a standard for PC gaming, people are locked to Steam on PC and they chose to lock themselfs in one single storefront, they made Steam a monopoly, it's their own fault if it ends up happening.

So bacially you hate Steam/PC gaming so much you just want MS to kill off Steam? Why not just write that.