[Rumour] Sony is planning to acquire CD Projekt RED

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
They are focused on being pro-consumer, anti-DRM (although not as much as they used to be), and offer a very generous refund policy (30 days no questions asked). Sony tends to be extremely tightfisted when it comes to money.
Definitely on the refund policy

Sony hasn't been putting denuvo in their PC games though, they can hardly be described as advocates for DRM

Reactions: anonpuffs

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why even respond if it's a fake? Usually companies keep quiet.

FYI, that proves nothing. PR representatives would not know / not be able to share that information. It's actually quite amazing that the response was anything other than "We are unable to comment on acquisitions, please reach [whatever] for additional information".

Not that I believe Sony is looking to acquire them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
FYI, that proves nothing. PR representatives would not know / not be able to share that information. It's actually quite amazing that the response was anything other than "We are unable to comment on acquisitions, please reach [whatever] for additional information".

Not that I believe Sony is looking to acquire them.

these people knows nothing. how many acquisition there have to be to show it?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
these people knows nothing. how many acquisition there have to be to show it?

How does that go against what I said? Jesus christ it's like the 3rd time in a week or so you reply to something I say without actually even attempting to understand what's behind it. If you have a problem, press ignore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
24 Jun 2022
"Yah, we're not in such talks with Sony, but they are in talks with Capcom and Square-Enix" 😉

Sony really need to up their internal network of Japanese studios IMO, why not try going after two with arguably the most prolific, relevant gaming IP among Japanese devs? That's if they're in discussions for acquisitions at all.

They better at least be making some sound investments & stock purchases in these publishers or else I'd seriously have to question long-term viability of the business in a market that could see further consolidation efforts.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
1-FCAA297-7-A69-4-DD3-8630-8141-ADAE3091.jpg

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This move made too much sense to be something that current PlayStation leadership would consider.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Like I said. This feels like an intentional leak to drive a bidding war. Embracer? Tencent? Saudis?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Like I said. This feels like an intentional leak to drive a bidding war. Embracer? Tencent? Saudis?
Honestly as long it’s not a traditional Japanese Publisher, I don‘t care which listed companies by yours will buy them. Anything is okay as long it’s not Microsoft. Sony probably would be happy if they don’t have to spend $3-4B for CDPR.