[Rumour] Sony is planning to acquire CD Projekt RED

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
What did he say?
What decisions was his before that messed up PS?
Tom Cruise Hide GIF

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think Square Enix will be definitely Sony’s first major deal in their history. Square Enix was a mess, that’s why they needed first to trimm the fat by selling the western arm. Well I don’t expect until Square Enix moved in their new and bigger HQ close to Sony in Shibuya. It will be either with the move in November 2023 or early 2024 close to the Fiscal Year Report.
I kinda think there western divisions werent so bad, especially compared to alot of there Japanese Studios outside of FF14/16 Team. And the Octopath/ Triangle Strategy teams.
Tomb Raider was decent, as was Dues Ex. Yeah Avengers sucked but the other 2 teams were good. Not perfect but decent enough.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Did Sony and CDPR ever patch things up after Sony delisted Cyberpunk? I could see CDPR feeling a little salty about that.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Definitely makes sense as an answer to Bethesda but I doubt it since they don't make GaaS that Bungie, Jimbo and Hermen love so much.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Definitely makes sense as an answer to Bethesda but I doubt it since they don't make GaaS that Bungie, Jimbo and Hermen love so much.
It doesn’t matter what Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst like or not…
If Sony (HQ in Minato) decides to acquire a big gaming company, this will be something coming directly from executives in Japan.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
It doesn’t matter what Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst like or not…
If Sony (HQ in Minato) decides to acquire a big gaming company, this will be something coming directly from executives in Japan.
Exactly and let’s hope Sony ceo really realized that PlayStation is their main business, not sensors or cars…

And I better shut up.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Stupid Sony ceo finally realized PlayStation is their main business.

Sorry but the guy really messed up PlayStation!
This I agree with it. Wasn't he the one who claimed video games was niche right before the PS5 launch? And then undermining the brand by meeting with Microsoft for that Azure deal when they should have been going to Google.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
The tweet isn't loading for me. What does it say, if you please?
Rafal Jaki. Exec producer and showrunner for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, writer of Witcher: Ronin. Biz Dev and Creative professional. Ex-CDPR.
Lol on all the CDPR getting bought by Sony. CDPR is on Warsaw stock exchange and only around 36% is with the founders and board where the rest with many investments founds with a lot below 5% etc. This not any insider info - just information that is publicly available.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnic

Ass of Can Whooping

9 Jul 2022
I don't see how that would impede Sony at all...

I think his argument is that because they're a public company we'd already know if they were planning to be bought. They don't need to announce anything until both agree to the purchase and even then it's behind closed doors. They can't start the process but that doesn't mean they need to make it public immediately.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think his argument is that because they're a public company we'd already know if they were planning to be bought. They don't need to announce anything until both agree to the purchase and even then it's behind closed doors. They can't start the process but that doesn't mean they need to make it public immediately.

Exactly and if they are in talks with one company, they probably have at least one or two others interested and discussing potential deals. Talks could last a while.

Reactions: Ass of Can Whooping