Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Releases on |The Game Awards 2023

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Is plague requiem a Sony game? Stop crying. You sound like a petulant 5 year old.
You flock over to anything I say so you can pour on the insults, It's gotten so sad that your own caucess scratches their heads at how many times you just HAVE to respond to my posts with derogatory comments. It's embarassing.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
A Sony guy over at the GAF thread had this to say about the game (he took off the fanboy shades):

"I'm a Sony fan and think this thing looks incredible, the graphics are amongst the best I've seen, right up there with the best ND or Santa Monica could produce and with the realism that they're pushing it's easily surpassing anything I've played on my PS5, about time Xbox got a massive exclusive win, well I sincerely hope it's a win"

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You guys hyped The Order like no tomorrow. Hellblade 2 is no different. Game looks completely badass.
Hm I dunno. I think the The Order was a much better "video game" than Hellblade was.

Hellblade launched on PS4 and didn't come to Xbox until much later. So it's not really an Xbox game series. And it sucked on PS4 from day 1. Plenty of people did not like it, including myself, because the gameplay is about as shallow as you can get (some of the "puzzles" are practically made for babies). It also GREATLY benefitted from being pretty cheap. They knew they weren't delivering a full game. I remember laughing at the game while playing before it ever existed on Xbox.

Remember, the main hook of the game was "experience what it's like to be someone with schizophrenia!" Which consisted of some whispering voices in surround sound. It was just stupid and kind of self important in that way. Like ... the stuff they are doing is not deep or profound lol. Instead, it was just corny. And unfortunately the second one seems to be going harder on that angle IMO. Like all that "metal" music while she chants and glowers at the screen lol.I have no interest in the melodramatic pap. That actually goes for a lot of games coming out these days, but that's another issue. But it begs the question, does Senua shop at Hot Topic?

This game has now become the poster child for "look, my console can do good graphics too!" And that's about as uninteresting as a product can get IMO. The gameplay shots from the trailer look identical to part one, which is why I said that's a bad thing. Because part 1 was bad. Which ... it was. No getting around that IMO.

Since they got bought out by MS, some people act like this game is going to be the next big world beater, but we've seen over and over again just throwing good money after bad doesn't equate to success or quality. They need to prove they can actually make a good game. So far it looks like another UE5 tech demo with the same "I'm so sad" silliness, and weak sword combat. I know I have no interest in spending valuable time on a product like that.

So yeah ... I don't think it really compares to The Order in that sense. That game was great visually, and was fine for an early platform title, but it got plenty of criticism. It was not treated like it was going to be the game to end all games like some people are treating Hellblade 2.

I would bet good money Hellblade 2 will be a great looking, and extremely mediocre, video game.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Did you not also say Starfield was stunning?

View attachment 3235View attachment 3236

images
images

images
Screenshot_20230902-181507-095.png
This is from his own screenshots . 😂

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Hm I dunno. I think the The Order was a much better "video game" than Hellblade was.

Hellblade launched on PS4 and didn't come to Xbox until much later. So it's not really an Xbox game series. And it sucked on PS4 from day 1. Plenty of people did not like it, including myself, because the gameplay is about as shallow as you can get (some of the "puzzles" are practically made for babies). It also GREATLY benefitted from being pretty cheap. They knew they weren't delivering a full game. I remember laughing at the game while playing before it ever existed on Xbox.

Remember, the main hook of the game was "experience what it's like to be someone with schizophrenia!" Which consisted of some whispering voices in surround sound. It was just stupid and kind of self important in that way. Like ... the stuff they are doing is not deep or profound lol. Instead, it was just corny. And unfortunately the second one seems to be going harder on that angle IMO. Like all that "metal" music while she chants and glowers at the screen lol.I have no interest in the melodramatic pap. That actually goes for a lot of games coming out these days, but that's another issue. But it begs the question, does Senua shop at Hot Topic?

This game has now become the poster child for "look, my console can do good graphics too!" And that's about as uninteresting as a product can get IMO. The gameplay shots from the trailer look identical to part one, which is why I said that's a bad thing. Because part 1 was bad. Which ... it was. No getting around that IMO.

Since they got bought out by MS, some people act like this game is going to be the next big world beater, but we've seen over and over again just throwing good money after bad doesn't equate to success or quality. They need to prove they can actually make a good game. So far it looks like another UE5 tech demo with the same "I'm so sad" silliness, and weak sword combat. I know I have no interest in spending valuable time on a product like that.

So yeah ... I don't think it really compares to The Order in that sense. That game was great visually, and was fine for an early platform title, but it got plenty of criticism. It was not treated like it was going to be the game to end all games like some people are treating Hellblade 2.

I would bet good money Hellblade 2 will be a great looking, and extremely mediocre, video game.
You’re debating a PC loser. Graphics are all they think matters, since they’re too busy jerking off over spec sheets to actually play games.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just watched the trailer one more time.

The visuals look fine. I don't think they look a level above what we already have really. And a lot of it is quite dark, which as people who do visuals know, is a lot easier to make good than stuff in full daylight.

It also looks really soft?

But the main problem is the theme, content, gameplay etc. You can tell it's just like the first one. And like I said much earlier and above, the first one is bad lol.

I mean it has nothing to do with being on Xbox, I really don't care about that. There are plenty of PS and Nintendo games out there I don't think are that well done, but yeah.

The console wars are boring because they make people lie to themselves.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You flock over to anything I say so you can pour on the insults, It's gotten so sad that your own caucess scratches their heads at how many times you just HAVE to respond to my posts with derogatory comments. It's embarassing.

Your only argument is to say "you guys" when someone disagrees with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The visuals look fine. I don't think they look a level above what we already have really. And a lot of it is quite dark, which as people who do visuals know, is a lot easier to make good than stuff in full daylight.

But the main problem is the theme, content, gameplay etc. You can tell it's just like the first one. And like I said much earlier and above, the first one is bad lol.

I mean it has nothing to do with being on Xbox, I really don't care about that. There are plenty of PS and Nintendo games out there I don't think are that well done, but yeah.

You have to admit, some of the extreme delusion on team green these days is pretty hilarious.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Here are the reviews for The Order.

Again, was treated like an actual video game and criticized pretty heavily.

Hellblade 1 actually reviewed better, but it was also like half the price and wasn't held to the same standard IMO. You can apply those quotes from that Meteoritic page directly to Hellblade. It had even less gameplay than The Order from what I remember, too. So yeah, The Order is not more celebrated than Hellblade 1. Not even close really.

🤷‍♂️

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Is that all you can come up with to downplay the game? When it's released? LOL!
I don't need to downplay anything, it's all right there in what they show, over and over again :

Slow walking forward ✓
Slow camera pan ✓
Extreme close-ups of faces ✓
Schizo voices ✓
Hellblade 1 combat ✓
That last one is new from yesterday.

I hope the devs take another 6 months of dev time, milking MS with their salaries, to add some nose hair to the characters.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So I’m trying Callisto Protocol tonight and I actually think it looks quite similar to HB2 in a lot of ways. Makes sense though, both UE5 (I know an engine doesn’t really dictate the look but … ) and both dark environments. I don’t see how HB2 even has a claim to being a graphical showcase with a game like this around like two years before it releases.

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
You guys hyped The Order like no tomorrow. Hellblade 2 is no different. Game looks completely badass.
This is a bad comparison.

The Order 1886 looked impressive in both graphics and gameplay. The main issue when it was released was the length of the game. This was discovered shortly before the game's release, along with many repetitive boss fights.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I hope the combat is more than just button-mashing.

God Of War Atreus GIF by Santa Monica Studio

• haha
Reactions: Satoru

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I keep calling you out on your bullshit. You can't cope with it because you're a five year old with a hate boner for everything Sony. Meanwhile I spent 50h on your previous "best looking game of all time" Starfiel, which is a Microsoft exclusive. Your only argument is to say "you guys" when someone disagrees with you.

Grow the fuck up, you're in your 40s or 50s.
I think there is a lot of truth in this statement except for the 50-hour bit

It's more like 150 hours, it's okay to admit it, come clean now.

Happy Star Trek GIF

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

I was only speaking of the graphics with a limited choice and environments. The game was praised for it's graphics.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I keep calling you out on your bullshit. You can't cope with it because you're a five year old with a hate boner for everything Sony. Meanwhile I spent 50h on your previous "best looking game of all time" Starfiel, which is a Microsoft exclusive. Your only argument is to say "you guys" when someone disagrees with you.

Grow the fuck up, you're in your 40s or 50s.
I'm finally going to permanently erase your comments from my account as the mods have told me. You really are a cancer to these boards.