Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Releases on |The Game Awards 2023

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I don't need to downplay anything, it's all right there in what they show, over and over again :

Slow walking forward ✓
Slow camera pan ✓
Extreme close-ups of faces ✓
Schizo voices ✓
Hellblade 1 combat ✓
That last one is new from yesterday.

I hope the devs take another 6 months of dev time, milking MS with their salaries, to add some nose hair to the characters.
You can't try making a game be designed around what you feel it should be and the conversation is stricty about the graphics. Not sure why we are trying to evaluate the gameplay when no one has the game.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
This is a bad comparison.

The Order 1886 looked impressive in both graphics and gameplay. The main issue when it was released was the length of the game. This was discovered shortly before the game's release, along with many repetitive boss fights.
No. The gameplay was shitty too.

It's not a bad comparison because the conversation is about the graphics. The game just blows away what we've seen so far this generation.

If you think I'm alone in this opinion, I would encourage you to go to a more open-minded website like GAF that actually has people giving HB2 props for it's graphics.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm finally going to permanently erase your comments from my account as the mods have told me. You really are a cancer to these boards.

It's funny, the moment your ass got removed as a mod and you were thrown the fuck out of here the forums viewership and engagement numbers started bouncing back, when they had been faltering.

I'll just grab some popcorn and laugh when you start crying because someone disagreed with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You're still here? Why don't you fuck off somewhere else?

It's funny, the moment your ass got removed as a mod and you were thrown the fuck out of here the forums viewership and engagement numbers started bouncing back, when they had been faltering.
You are wrong and you were told that you are speaking false declarations.

I wish I was getting $1 every second I live in your head. I would be rich by now.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you think I'm alone in this opinion, I would encourage you to go to a more open-minded website like GAF that actually has people giving HB2 props for it's graphics.

With all due respect m8, it's bullshit remarks like this that get you in trouble.

These replies are on the first couple of pages of this thread, people are actually saying positive things about the game but somehow you seem to miss these or purposely overlook them.

Why is that?

Your quoted statement above is so disingenuous in its formation that frankly put, I find it rather insulting.

I have bolded and enlarged the font of the replies just so you can see how many people in this thread are not open-minded.

Looks good. Gameplay deep dive as opposed to super cuts will tell more.
looks very good,but it looks way worse than the last cave video with the giant
Looks good! Not as good as Horizon: FW, but fine enough for an Xbox game.
I feel like I am going to end up being more depressed than Senua if I end up playing this game.

the environments are so bleak looking.

Facial animations look really good.

As far as i remember people said the combat was rubbish in the first one, hopefully, they have improved it.

Otherwise, it looks very solid.
You’ll get sometimes-stunning visuals, technical issues and shit gameplay.
I thought it looked pretty good last night. Seemed about the same in quality as the 1st trailer. It would have been nice to see gameplay though vs cutscenes.
looks excellent

for a form full of close-minded, Xbox-hating bigots, those are some surprising comments eh?

Tbh, i think you owe some people on this forum an apology for what you said, it's beyond insulting.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
With all due respect m8, it's bullshit remarks like this that get you in trouble.

These replies are on the first couple of pages of this thread, people are actually saying positive things about the game but somehow you seem to miss these or purposely overlook them.

Why is that?
Sircaw, the "looks good BUT" is akin to praising the game but then shitting on it in the same sentence.

I received resistance as soon as I mentioned the game looking better than anything else out there. Games are allowed to look "good" but not allowed to look "better than anything else out there".

We've been through this over and over.

There is nothing wrong with saying the game looks better than anything out there even if it's a multiplat game.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sircaw, the "looks good BUT" ia selin to praising the game but then shitting on it in the same sentence.

I received resistance as soon as I mentioned the game looking better than anything else out there. Games are allowed to look "good" but not allowed to look "better than anything else out there".

We've been through this over and over.

There is nothing wrong with saying the game looks better than anything out there even if it's a multiplat game.
Read the god damn comments, please

This is a forum where people are allowed to express themselves, if you want an echo chamber head over to REE.

your comments will be greeted as the second coming of Christ over there.

Enough of the bullshit victimhood please.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Read the god damn comments, please

This is a forum where people are allowed to express themselves, if you want an echo chamber head over to REE.

your comments will be greeted as the second coming of Christ over there.

Enough of the bullshit victimhood please.
Sircaw, I read the comments. Did you see the emos on my comments? Threads go both ways. I have a right to my opinion like everyone else.

Personal attacks though should be a no-no, and yet your buddy gets to keep throwihg them at me despite beinng told to not do it.

There is no victumhood here. I'm participating in the thread like everyone else is.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Why is that?

Your quoted statement above is so disingenuous in its formation that frankly put, I find it rather insulting.

I have bolded and enlarged the font of the replies just so you can see how many people in this thread are not open-minded.

for a form full of close-minded, Xbox-hating bigots, those are some surprising comments eh?

Tbh, i think you owe some people on this forum an apology for what you said, it's beyond insulting.

Don't forget that I added a timeline of my opinions about certain moments and the little precious boy found it very offensive. First thing I say is that it looks very good. Lol. Such a fragile ego.

Looks very good, but let's see how much of those are bullshots vs actual gameplay. Forza Motorsport was also running on Xbox Series X and then was downgraded to hell and back, to the point where it looks worse than Forza Motorsport 7 in certain scenarios.

Edit: After watching in full-screen
  • 00:21 - Ground textures don't look any better than those on Death Stranding Directors Cut on the PS5 (nevermind PC maxed out)
  • 00:27 - Foliage density has nothing on Plague Requiem or HFW. It's passable. Also, loads of artifacts in the foliage, I didn't pixel count, but there's no way this is 4k, at least without VRS and/or Upscaling
  • 00:35 - Draw distance is great
  • 00:47 - Lighting looks great here
  • 01:01 - Gameplay moment. This looks good, but honestly, not amazing. Go check the WLF invasion of the Scars island in TLOU PT2, where illumination and effects kinda have the same aesthetic, and you'll see that this doesn't look impressive.
  • 01:08 - Those water effects look like ass
  • 01:11 - Lighting looks great here.
  • 01:12 - Fire looks fantastic, probably some of the best I've seen in a game.
  • Then there's more of the same.
Additional:
  • Alpha effects look ok.
  • The video is somehow low quality, and it doesn't seem like a Youtube compression issue. I watched this in 4k. It's like there's some smudging on top of everything.
  • There's some weird subsurface scattering going on in the character's face. It doesn't look fantastic compared to many other games.
  • Texture work varies between ok and very good, however what we've seen is mostly under dark conditions. I wonder if the game is mostly set on a "night" setting, or if it's just to hide weird textures.
  • Overall, I don't see this as the best looking game. It has moments of brilliance, and I'd argue it has the best fire effects in any game, but as a whole, no chance. There's plenty of games that do most of this better.
Another edit: Forgot to say that if this game is not open-world, it becomes even less impressive.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sircaw, I read the comments. Did you see the emos on my comments? Threads go both ways. I have a right to my opinion like everyone else.

Personal attacks though should be a no-no, and yet your buddy gets to keep throwihg them at me despite beinng told to not do it.

There is no victumhood here. I'm participating in the thread like everyone else is.

Please do not complain about Emos left on threads, i got 5000 billion of them from that idiot chap on gaf, i can't remember his name but i am sure someone will remember him. There is nothing to be done about that, that is all part of a forum discourse, you know that, everyone knows that. I hate to say it but stop being so fragile about such petty things, its basically spilt milk.

As for If someone insults you on the forms, swears at you etc, send a report to the mods and let them sort it out, i have told people dozens of times to do it this way,

As for the victimhood thing, i am not sure what you want me to say, you came in and said one of the forum members needed glasses because he said he thought another game looked better.

You want people to respect your opinion but when they give theirs you basically double standard it?

You then double down and say
"Anything to keep Sony winning."
So what you are saying is, if anyone who has a different opinion on this forum to yours is either closed-minded or a Sony shill.

Like I said to you, please read the comments from people i posted earlier, There are alot of positive comments about Hellblade and it simply does not tally up with what you are saying.

Lastly, if you can not meet eye to eye with someone, and every time you try to have a conversation with said person and it ends up resulting in blows, put the person on ignore.

That is my personal advice to everyone on matters like that.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Please do not complain about Emos left on threads, i got 5000 billion of them from that idiot chap on gaf, i can't remember his name but i am sure someone will remember him. There is nothing to be done about that, that is all part of a forum discourse, you know that, everyone knows that. I hate to say it but stop being so fragile about such petty things, its basically spilt milk.

As for If someone insults you on the forms, swears at you etc, send a report to the mods and let them sort it out, i have told people dozens of times to do it this way,

As for the victimhood thing, i am not sure what you want me to say, you came in and said one of the forum members needed glasses because he said he thought another game looked better.

You want people to respect your opinion but when they give theirs you basically double standard it?

You then double down and say

So what you are saying is, if anyone who has a different opinion on this forum to yours is either closed-minded or a Sony shill.

Like I said to you, please read the comments from people i posted earlier, There are alot of positive comments about Hellblade and it simply does not tally up with what you are saying.

Lastly, if you can not meet eye to eye with someone, and every time you try to have a conversation with said person and it ends up resulting in blows, put the person on ignore.

That is my personal advice to everyone on matters like that.
I'll PM you.

• haha

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You're still here? Why don't you fuck off somewhere else?

You were cancer on these boards, and now the rot is back. Everybody here mocks your ass because you're a joke. But let's do this, I'll stop commenting on your shit, since you have the thinnest skin ever. I'll just grab some popcorn and laugh when you start crying because someone disagreed with you.
Stop with the attacks and name calling.. This has been brought up before.

Reactions: Frozone

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
@Frozone @Satoru

Lets all get this thread on track again. What we are not going to do is monopolize it with a petty back and forth of insults, accusations and/or negative dialog. This is the last and final warning. If the pettiness continues one or both will be banned.

• Shake
Reactions: Frozone

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This game looks good graphically however I've played and beat part 1 and the justified worry is that it'll lack substance and be repetitive asf and tht is a valid worry considering the first. Combat was repetitive and simple and the world had invisible boundaries everywhere and tht was very off putting imo.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
This game looks good graphically however I've played and beat part 1 and the justified worry is that it'll lack substance and be repetitive asf and tht is a valid worry considering the first. Combat was repetitive and simple and the world had invisible boundaries everywhere and tht was very off putting imo.
Agreed.

While I like the combat (many don't), I don't like the lack of substance. She should be able to speak to NPCs and even throw in some RPG elements into it.

• haha

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Agreed.

While I like the combat (many don't), I don't like the lack of substance. She should be able to speak to NPCs and even throw in some RPG elements into it.
Bro if the combat is robust and the Gane is less restrictive, this is an automatic banger because I really enjoyed the atmosphere, premise and world!

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
No. The gameplay was shitty too.

It's not a bad comparison because the conversation is about the graphics. The game just blows away what we've seen so far this generation.

No, there's a difference between actually playing it and looking at it via trailer. That's the point. This was the perception BEFORE it was played when you were talking about gamers hyping it up.

You're here touting it will be the best looking game this generation and it blows everything out of the water, but when someone has a different opinion, you just throw a fit. People have different opinions. It looks good, but that doesn't mean people have to be as impressed as you are.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
No, there's a difference between actually playing it and looking at it via trailer. That's the point. This was the perception BEFORE it was played when you were talking about gamers hyping it up.

You're here touting it will be the best looking game this generation and it blows everything out of the water, but when someone has a different opinion, you just throw a fit. People have different opinions. It looks good, but that doesn't mean people have to be as impressed as you are.
Engagement with the victim complex is off the charts this year!

• haha
Reactions: DForce

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

You're here touting it will be the best looking game this generation and it blows everything out of the water, but when someone has a different opinion, you just throw a fit.
I didn't throw a fit. All I said was someone needed glasses. Gamers make comments like that all the time. It's supposed to be humorous not portraying a victim.

• haha