Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Enjoying it so far. Unfortunately, since I have 95% hearing loss in my left ear, I can't play the game with headphones on (unless I set it to mono), so I am just using my Bose Smart Ultra Soundbar so that my good ear (right) can sense what they are trying to do at least. I bought the game knowing that it was a walking simulator with simple combat and some puzzles. I am still early on,
having only just captured Bjarg

Hellblade 2 8.jpeg Hellblade 2 7.jpeg Hellblade 2 6.jpeg Hellblade 2 5.jpeg Hellblade 2 4.jpeg Hellblade 2 3.jpeg Hellblade 2 2.jpeg Hellblade 2 1.jpeg Hellblade 2.jpeg

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
This is something. 😂

image.png

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Fightingcowboy actually reviewed this!

He usually just does souls-like YouTube walkthrus so many of you have probably heard of him

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Holy shit it can be finished in 5 hours... LoL

Am I a bad person if I suggest the development studio should be shuttered for releasing a lesser game that doesn't even try to improve as a sequel? Surely the money they've spent could have mattered for Tango Gameworks...
I don't think this is entirely on them. They definitely wanted to just make another game like the first.

The problem is that Xbox decided to take the trailer they rendered in Unreal and throw that out there and do a Killzone 2 to 'em, saying that was the visual standard the game was going for. They set expectations for this to be a big franchise for them, with that level of visual quality, and they had to make very clear sacrifices to try to achieve that with the size the studio is.

Reactions: daniel5043

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
It's crazy they have the nerve to rate this game so high with tht game time.
And it looks like the combat is even more watered down from the first - parry then kill your opponent, move onto the next one.

The puzzles still seem really basic too, MrMattyPlays says they're just filler...in a five hour 'game'.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Five hours is ridiculous. The game should be £30 like the first one.
i think, it wouldn't be an issue, if the game would be really enjoyable and interactive with great combat and at least few bosses.
but looking at reviews, it is a slog to play, no bosses, nothing.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Fightingcowboy actually reviewed this!

He usually just does souls-like YouTube walkthrus so many of you have probably heard of him

He’s been reviewing quite a lot of games recently and does a great job.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The visuals, mostly.

And a lot of this is from the same crew that complains PS Studios are too focused on visuals over gameplay, no less.

We know they are hypocritical but this takes it to another level. This is why Xbox sucks at making games, they fostered a cult attitude into journalists and customers.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Lays in the low end of my prediction... if it got some more lower reviews it will get below 80.
Seems like they focused in the wrong issues of the first game.

Reactions: daniel5043

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Remember when The Order was hated for being a 6 hour game with little gunplay?
Remember the review bombing causing the company to go bust because Sony wouldn't buy them?
Remember it being the best looking game that gen?

It seems like these Xbots reviewers don't remember.