Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
It's a 7/10 for me. Gameplay feels like a huge downgrade. No bosses or mini bosses, a more casual approach to combat, familiar puzzles and way too many long walking scenes. It's meant to be enjoyed as a purely cinematic experience, but as a huge fan of the first one, the sequel feels diluted in almost every aspect (except for graphics of course).

There are a lot of 4K screenshots at max settings in the review. For some of them I used a mod to remove DOF, Filmgrain and other post-processing effects.

hellblade2-win64-ship-Screenshot-2024.05.17-17.28.25.31.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The first one was boring as fuck, are you telling me this is even more boring? That's why these mofos are putting 40h in the game, they fall asleep halfway through a play session and wake up drooling with the remote in their hands.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's a 7/10 for me. Gameplay feels like a huge downgrade. No bosses or mini bosses, a more casual approach to combat, familiar puzzles and way too many long walking scenes. It's meant to be enjoyed as a purely cinematic experience, but as a huge fan of the first one, the sequel feels diluted in almost every aspect (except for graphics of course).

There are a lot of 4K screenshots at max settings in the review. For some of them I used a mod to remove DOF, Filmgrain and other post-processing effects.

sorry, but sounds like a lower score game.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Holy shit it can be finished in 5 hours... LoL

Am I a bad person if I suggest the development studio should be shuttered for releasing a lesser game that doesn't even try to improve as a sequel? Surely the money they've spent could have mattered for Tango Gameworks...

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
IGN gave H2 8/10 but Stellar Blade 7/10? make it make sense? Stellar Blade's one area is bigger than this all game, combined it with 10x superior combat, music, story etc..

Gamesradar also another xbox astroturfing site, gave it 10/10 while Stellar Blade 7/10. they also said that Starfield was best bethesda work in 20 years and gave 10/10 :ROFLMAO:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
IGN gave H2 8/10 but Stellar Blade 7/10? make it make sense? Stellar Blade's one area is bigger than this all game, combined it with 10x superior combat, music, story etc..

Gamesradar also another xbox astroturfing site, gave it 10/10 while Stellar Blade 7/10. they also said that Starfield was best bethesda work in 20 years and gave 10/10 :ROFLMAO:

They are just shill reviewers.
PS exclusives always get treated harder, Stellar Blade, ROR, and so many more get treated harshly compared to Xbox studio games or others

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
What was the appeal on the first game?
Honest question, because I've tried to play it several times for the past 4 years. I just can't get myself to play more than a few minutes before feeling bored and sleepy. Granted, I haven't gone over 2 hours from the beginning.

IGN's score is proportional to the amount of clothes the heroine is wearing.

5/5 is from Eurogamer, not DF.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They are just shill reviewers.
PS exclusives always get treated harder, Stellar Blade, ROR, and so many more great treated harshly compared to Xbox studio games or others
Any PS game has 100+ reviews when reviews drop and on average have 140+ critic reviews, Its honestly harder to score more for PS games than xbox games with their 50 reviews but the narrative is "xbox tax". Stellar Blade is 10 times the game and was made in a shorter time than the pretentious sham that is lulblade 2 made by people high on their own farts

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023

Using the 7-10 scale?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Scored as predicted. Real travesty are the schills tht gave it 100. Even if it was a good game tht length does not warrant 100 imo but it is what it is. If you getting 100 from me got to at least be like 10 hours. Combat and gameplay is the same basically so this game wouldn't have gotten more than a 70 with its trash tier combat.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Sircaw

Sunrise Ninja

Banned
5 Feb 2024

So what makes it a 7/10? Because it was a "cinematic graphical experience"? Did you have fun? did you enjoy it?

If the game had poor graphics what would you have scored it?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
81 even with the boost from the media trying to save Xbox and high scores from all the reviews with XBox in the name? Must be a 7/10 or bellow in reality. Wow, 7+ years for this.

There is no indication this game is worthy of $1 and 5 hours of my time.

Sounds awful, thanks for letting us know in advance.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly