Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
After wading through the sludge that is xbox OT on retard era, I get why a mc with mental illness resonates with those OT dwellers. Good lord the copium huffing and glazing going on there for mediocre to trash tier studios like compulsion and NT. Suddenly 50$ is not too expensive for a 5 hour game but if Playstation charges 70 for their AAA games its highway robbery, I mean I knew retardera was full of kid diddlers but whew a mental asylum has nothing over those freaks with the peak delulu

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
After wading through the sludge that is xbox OT on retard era, I get why a mc with mental illness resonates with those OT dwellers. Good lord the copium huffing and glazing going on there for mediocre to trash tier studios like compulsion and NT. Suddenly 50$ is not too expensive for a 5 hour game but if Playstation charges 70 for their AAA games its highway robbery, I mean I knew retardera was full of kid diddlers but whew a mental asylum has nothing over those freaks with the peak delulu
Funny thing is, imo this game is a disservice to people with mental illness.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
1716384115-image.png

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
And to think that most of Valhalla's playtime is combat, makes this comparison even more.... interesting.
hei, don't be so passive aggressive. most playtime in Hellblade 2 is cutscenes.. who is boss now? ha? be atch!? 😁

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
image.png

So obviously when they said that the sequel was going to be way longer they were either lying or their plans got changed to release the game way faster originally than expected.

But hey, even if a good chunk of it are videos I don't care about this length if the game is good as the first one was (or better). I didn't read reviews, I'll wait to play it when included in PS Plus or when very cheap on PS5.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Hellblade 2 is fine at 6 hours guys..... I don't think the length is worth dunking on tbh.
5,5h on average... i seen, some calculated cutscene time. can't remember, it was like 2h or 3h. plus that 1h lighting fire.
not much of the actual game there is.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Hellblade 2 is fine at 6 hours guys..... I don't think the length is worth dunking on tbh.
It is something to be critiqued given how long the game has been in production and how small and underwhelming the final product is given how many more resources they had at hand this time around.

Also, having taken some time after playing HB2, while the graphics were certainly nice, but I'm starting to cool on that aspect a little bit. So much of this game was sparsely populated rooms/environments where the only high res asset on the screen is Senua's character model.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Overall engagement on Steam has been quite low. Gamepass enagement probably has been underwhelming as well since microsoft has't bragged about gamepass player engagement yet.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Overall engagement on Steam has been quite low. Gamepass enagement probably has been underwhelming as well since microsoft has't bragged about gamepass player engagement yet.
It's already down to number 7 on Best Sellers.

Little Kitty Big City had a similar CCU (3,028) and it sold 100,000 but that was on PC, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Hellblade 2 is between 50k to 100k sales 😬

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me