Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I have zero patience to mid games or bellow. Why would I waste my time on 7/10 or bellow when there are so many certified bangers out there.

It insults me that Xbots even thought this game could contend with the like of FFVII Rebirth for GoTY.

Hey hey hey!!! Just to clarify, I was never one that said this game would contend with Rebirth for GOTY. People thinking/believing that is hilarious though. :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
ND had a way bigger budget and much more man power for last of us 2 compared to hell blade 2. apples to oranges.
We were told for YEARS that NT was going to get a huge budget to make the AAA of their dream with MS backing. Mocap studio, U5, Combat Designer, 5+ years of development, orchestra reveals and multiple trailers later and that narrative all came crashing down.

Oh NT is a small, indie AA studio. Hellblade is a walking simulator. What were you expecting? 🤡

Let's pretend the "Xbox God Of War killer" and all the comparisons with Naughty Dogs never happened 🤐

Did you also forget the endless memes "Just get a Xbox" with the smiling Senua? All the xbots were using it as their avatar. I'm sure they were expecting a short tech demo 🤭

Fy6aZC4WcAMaZx1 (1).jpg

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
ND had a way bigger budget and much more man power for last of us 2 compared to hell blade 2. apples to oranges.
Yeah, if only Ninja Theory had the backing or was under ownership of a corporation with a shit ton of money and resources
Will Smith Reaction GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
HB2 doesn’t compare even with first Uncharted (2008) 🤷‍♂️
Why even use TLOU2 as benchmark if HB2 has over decades dated mechanics?

Even just talking about Xbox… Ryse (2013) is mechanically way superior.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This is a prime example of how the diehard xbox fanboys and the company that bread them, ruin any decent gaming discourse. They'll hype up ANYTHING. They'll shout and scream at anyone criticizing a game and then turn around and do the same when something releases on another console.

Grown men, adults, are literally bending over backwards to try and make themselves feel better about siding with a failing console. It's a 70 game, have some decency and demand better.

Not even diehard Nintendo fans are this delusional and Nintendo gets away with a lot.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony fans about The Order 1886, which is an actual game but with a lot of limitations:
  • It's a decent game but feels unfinished
  • It's a good game but could have been amazing
  • Looks fantastic but it's not for me
  • The lore and the graphics are second to none but everything else is boring
Xbox fans about Hellblade II, which is an extended cutscene with some gameplay moments
  • Best game of all time
  • Masterpiece
  • Nothing comes close
  • Pure art, so deep

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sony fans about The Order 1886, which is an actual game but with a lot of limitations:
  • It's a decent game but feels unfinished
  • It's a good game but could have been amazing
  • Looks fantastic but it's not for me
  • The lore and the graphics are second to none but everything else is boring
Xbox fans about Hellblade II, which is an extended cutscene with some gameplay moments
  • Best game of all time
  • Masterpiece
  • Nothing comes close
  • Pure art, so deep
There it is. The perfect example of the kind of discourse xbox diehards bring in. And it happens every single time.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There it is. The perfect example of the kind of discourse xbox diehards bring in. And it happens every single time.
By the way I was using what you said as the basis for my comment. But yes, Xbox diehards brought a certain kind of tribalism that didn't exist in gaming. Fanboys were a thing, obviously, but these guys are just one step beyond.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Senua has everything to be an industry icon a tough woman who can handle a sword but battles inner demons and mental health through personal trauma. That is a blueprint for an amazing story that could resonate with a lot of people. She deserved a lot better than what she got with this game.