Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

how are there xbox fanboys still out there?!
Like, I get it, the game is fine and all.

But who in their right mind would ... ALL THESE YEARS... stick with xbox and never think about just getting a damn ps4 or 5.
Why cut yourself from all these games

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
God of War, Uncharted, TLoU, Bloodborne, Horizon, Gran Turismo, Demon's Souls, R&C, GoT, SoTC, so many walking sims. :ROFLMAO:

Xbots are braindead from smelling their own farts.
Are you trying to tell me that Gran Turismo is not a walking simulator, you Sony Pony?

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hellblade 2 Day 1 EU Peak CCU record - 3,982

Some really unfortunate comparisons:
Hellblade CCU record - 5,653
Redfall CCU record - 6,124

Worse opening on Steam than the first one.
The game has certainly sold less on Xbox Series compared to the first on PS4(smaller Userbase/Gamepass).

Looking at these two factors, it seems that the game is trending to sell much less than the first one.
Considering Ninja Theory had 20 employees on the first one but beefed themselves up to 80~ for the second, this game certainly was multiple times more expensive than the first one, so the $20 higher pricetag on the game compared to the first one is NOT going to offset the difference. This is looking grim, especially since we know that Gamepass is not the cushion it was once said to be.
It's also lower than Toilet-Flush (6,132) and we all know where this caca went 😬

Lower than Hellblade from 7 years ago. I doubt it will go higher this weekend because the WOM is terrible. Bye Bye Ninja Theory 😬

• haha
Reactions: kuzon and Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
tbh it's just fine. the problem is that it should've been much more.
It's exactly the first game again... maybe even more boring with less personal story.
To me, the first game is like a poem. I even dropped it on easy because gameplay sucked so much in the first game
The game is fine but the studio needed more than fine, they needed more than Double Fine even. They needed to hit it out of the park.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I played the first 10-15 minutes via Xcloud. So far it's freaking awful in every way. It's not even really a game. And the whole "grim dark" theme with the stupid whispering is teen angst level of writing. There is nothing deep or profound about the story you are telling Ninja Theory.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I played the first 10-15 minutes via Xcloud. So far it's freaking awful in every way. It's not even really a game. And the whole "grim dark" theme with the stupid whispering is teen angst level of writing. There is nothing deep or profound about the story you are telling Ninja Theory.
the game is fine. Just way too short and not enough gameplay. Saying its awful in every way is pure hyperbole.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
the game is fine. Just way too short and not enough gameplay. Saying its awful in every way is pure hyperbole.
No, it's awful in every way (so far, minus graphics).

How can you say it's fine? What is fine about a barely interactive "I'm so dark and mysterious and depressed" fest?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I thought she was supposed to have overcome her demons in the first game. Why is the whispering still there

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I thought she was supposed to have overcome her demons in the first game. Why is the whispering still there

Psychosis possibly brought on by a deeper underlying mental disorder doesn't go away, it can only be managed.
Considering(going by the synopsis on Wikipedia) she's still in the thick of things with enemies of her tribe, it's not going to suddenly disappear.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I dunno the intro says she accepted the voices as part of her or something lol.

It's so dumb. You're climbing a rock - "You're gonna fall!" "She's too weak!" "You can do it!" "You're.a failure!" all being voiced around you. But delivered with a performance that is trying to put the idea across we should feel sorry for her or something? It's hard to describe but I would definitely use the word "pretentious." Like the game thinks it's important and trying to say something. Again, kinda similar to a teen dressed up in goth gear. That's exactly how the game comes across to me, as did the first one.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I dunno the intro says she accepted the voices as part of her or something lol.

It's so dumb. You're climbing a rock - "You're gonna fall!" "She's too weak!" "You can do it!" "You're.a failure!" all being voiced around you. But delivered with a performance that is trying to put the idea across we should feel sorry for her or something? It's hard to describe but I would definitely use the word "pretentious." Like the game thinks it's important and trying to say something. Again, kinda similar to a teen dressed up in goth gear. That's exactly how the game comes across to me, as did the first one.
if you didnt like the first one, idk why you bothered with the second one. Its more of the same with better graphics. Stop playing games you know you won't like.

• haha

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Depends on how the individual scores the game. For me, I use a four category setup. Visuals, Audio, Gameplay/Combat and Story/Characters. For what I played in Hellblade 2, it would be a 9/9/5/5 for an overall rating of a 7.0/10. I use categories because it keeps the scoring more objective and shows the actual strong and weak points of the individual game. For example, I scored TLOUP2 a 10/9/9/5 for an overall rating of an 8.5/10. Game excelled in every aspect excluding the story and characters which I didn't like at all. Back to Hellblade 2, my biggest issue with the story is that it's based around mental health and whatnot which im just not into. Scored the same category in the first game a 7 because it was at least unique and different at the time. Not so much 7 years later.

Also, I haven't rated any game overall lower than a 6.0/10 since Rush n Attack: Ex Patriot on 360/PS3 which was a 5.0/10. Reason being is simple, barring the game being completely unplayable, every game is going to have at least one or perhaps two categories that carry the game to at least a decent overall rating.

My friend who's been a PlayStation guy since 1995 day one will be playing Hellblade 2 this weekend and since he gave the first game a 9.0/10, im pretty certain that he'll love Hellblade 2 because it's his type of game. My point is that not everyone has the same preference and taste as you do or others in general.

For when you're actually controlling Senua, yes excluding during combat/puzzles. Of course, some of that is the game on it's own. Hellblade 2 is truly one of those pure cinematic games that's more of a movie than a game. Some will love it (like my friend) but others will hate it.

The impatient part applies to me. Once I start
getting impatient and thus, bored, I don't care what game it is. It's not lasting long for me. Sadly, it was a waste of $80 for me but im glad that you loved the game.
I have zero patience to mid games or bellow. Why would I waste my time on 7/10 or bellow when there are so many certified bangers out there.

It insults me that Xbots even thought this game could contend with the like of FFVII Rebirth for GoTY.