Several PlayStation executives visit Kojima - What might be happening?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony is buying Konami and putting Kojima in charge.

Death Stranding 2 cancelled. MGS6 announced.

Please let this happen.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last week I posted the article of the Sony advertisement visiting Kojima. Something is Def brewing.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Were these guys allowed to visit Japan during Covid? If not its probably just that.

Or just finishing up on a game.
Im not buying into rumours that they are purchasing Kojima productions

• brain

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nothing's happening. They are visiting a studio that is creating a game for them, Death Stranding 2, and perhaps negotiating other games / deals.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Nothing's happening. They are visiting a studio that is creating a game for them, Death Stranding 2, and perhaps negotiating other games / deals.

Its not everyday that Jim Ryan would also visit a game studio especially a 3rd party studio, although he did visit kojima before it was under different circumstances (new studio at the time, he just got promoted) it wouldnt be necessary for him to visit just because they are gonna start marketing death stranding 2. You dont need both him and Hermen tehre for that. Thats a video chat with marketing

I think whats realistically happening is maybe they are negotiating a post-death stranding 2 deal, as its been rumored they had a two game contract. Maybe its for a new IP or multiple IP, maybe its for something that includes a sony pictures deal, maybe it’s more….

I don’t even think I’ve seen Jim Ryan visit the other SIE studios. The last time i saw him in a room with a dev studio was the Bungie acquisition

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
A visit from Hermen is normal because as head of PS Studios he often visits the 1st party and 2nd party studios. He could visit them for any random reason.

Maybe Jimbo visited the Sony HQ for other unrelated stuff, and since it's next to KojiPro HQ he went to visit and say hi because maybe he didn't meet Kojima since before Covid. It may be the case, but Jimbo doesn't visit random studios so if did it is because values Kojima and maybe was to sign some kind of deal (maybe the DS2 deal, or signed maybe another deal like a movie or their next game after DS2) that in any cause could have signed at home. Kojima said he'd keep independent.

I think the most revealing visit is the one from the SIE marketing guys. This is not something from protocol/PR/diplomacy to keep a good relationship betwee SIE/PS Studios and Kojipro. It's a business meeting that means Kojipro is working on a marteking campaign with SIE for a Kojipro project, very likely DS2 or a movie. I assume hints probably a 2023 or early 2024 reveal.

• brain

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Probably giving Kojima a hiding if there is a non Sony game released. 😂

Probably hoping to see what costume Kojima has Elle Fanning in.

• party

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I really feel like there was an event planned this month but got cancelled. Silent Hill, then Re4, Kojima teasing stuffs, the FF16 trailer and cie.

Wonder what's their plan now?

• brain