Shinji Mikami, founder and CEO of Xbox's Tango Gameworks, is leaving the company

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They're all leaving the sinking ship after the biggest bomb in the studio history. What an ending for his career. MS will close Tango next.

Diarrhea Rush on a dying console. Fitting end.

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
That's what happens when you force developers to make their games on a platform that's not their first choice and also has the smallest userbase.
Folks have this obsession with Xbox acquiring a Japanese pub, which Japanese pub in their right mind would one to go with them. I guess if they are desperate for a buyout, but that ain't saving them long term.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is absurdly bad optics for xbox. They were so excited for Evil Within 3, and bragging like mad about this studio and this man and his accomplishments as being a part of Xbox.

All right after their 'best game ever' HiFi Rush...

God damn, do I feel sorry for xbox owners right now. Owning that console as i've said many times, is absolute hell on earth. It's just bad news every single day.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
If Sony need a new guy to build a new studio around in Japan this is it

Could also see him aligning with Nintendo but he seems to prefer the more high powered systems
probably poached by Chinese publishers offering him mad money like Nagoshi at Sega

let's face it, he'd make much more money making games for more platforms than just xbox/PC

He started Tango under the want to make multiplatform games. safe to say a lot of these devs had no input in the MS wholesale acquisition of zenimax, and are pissed as hell about it.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Folks have this obsession with Xbox acquiring a Japanese pub, which Japanese pub in their right mind would one to go with them. I guess if they are desperate for a buyout, but that ain't saving them long term.
Exactly. Xbox can't acquire Square Enix, Capcom, or Sega and make their games exclusive to Xbox/PC. Those developers hardly sell more than 20% on Xbox.

It's a wet-dream. Nothing more.

Reactions: EN250

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The Xbox fanbase not buying HiFi Rush caused this. The final straw

Mikami was probably sick to his stomach when he learned he had to make Xbox exclusives. I feel sorry for him

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The Xbox fanbase not buying HiFi Rush caused this. The final straw

Mikami was probably sick to his stomach when he learned he had to make Xbox exclusives. I feel sorry for him
imagine having your projects scoped and limited to be $30 dollar gamepass fodder when you are SHINJI FUCKING MIKAMI, creator of Resident Evil.

There is no way this didn't infuraite Mikami san. Playing support on some small crummy projects taht sell 30k copies for an American owned studio?

No way. This man is a legend and deserves to be treated as such, like Kojima.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
imagine having your projects scoped and limited to be $30 dollar gamepass fodder when you are SHINJI FUCKING MIKAMI, creator of Resident Evil.

There is no way this didn't infuraite Mikami san. Playing support on some small crummy projects taht sell 30k copies for an American owned studio?

No way. This man is a legend and deserves to be treated as such, like Kojima.
Imagine if him and Kojima teamed up?