Shinji Mikami, founder and CEO of Xbox's Tango Gameworks, is leaving the company

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I still find it strange how cosy Sony and Mikami ended up over the past few gens compared to the GameCube days

• thinking_hard
Reactions: EN250

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ain’t no one want to work for friggin Xbox. They’re trash as this gaming thing. :ROFLMAO:

Great news.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
7c5lmj.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Bodycount611

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I love that the immediate damage control is to imply he doesn’t want to make games anymore and is too old.

Whatever makes you feel better. There’s a trend at Xbox game studios and recently acquired studios having an exodus of talent is one of them…

If he were to actually retire … this would’ve been a retirement announcement. But it’s not.

Great news honestly.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I knew the talent would start leaving as soon as they could.

First it was Nakamura and now Mikami... who knows how many of the developers at lower levels have left.

That is a big 'fuck you' to MSFT and basically shows how you can't buy a creative industry out if they artists / creators don't want it. The business heads might force it through the gate but it will always fall apart.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
I love that the immediate damage control is to imply he doesn’t want to make games anymore and is too old.

Whatever makes you feel better. There’s a trend at Xbox game studios and recently acquired studios having an exodus of talent is one of them…

If he was to actually retire … this would’ve been a retirement announcement. But it’s not.

Great news honestly.

He has literally spoken about doing at least 1 more game from start to finish before retiring. I dont see the damage control?

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75