Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money?

Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Now that Square has shown itself to the Whore of the industry, willing to stab loyal paying customers and fans in the back for Microsofts blood money, should Playstation gamers boycott thier games? I say yes!

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Yep I agree unless it’s a game I’m very excited for, I’ll just wait for a steep discount if it’s on GP

I still haven’t gotten P3 Reload even tho I’m a big persona fan, waiting for it to be $20 or less.

Yep I refuse to busy Sega games now. I won’t fund dogshit business practises

Reactions: Diah and toadsage44

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
If by whore you mean best game developer with the most consistently good output on their Japanese side, then sure
He means taking money upfront from a monopolistic corporation and in exchange keeping content away ftom their most loyal costumers. Deals where JRPG franchises are delayed and/or blocked from release on the platform where they are the most popular.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Seriously if Sony a First party publisher is releasing their games multiplatform then it’s ridiculous to expect Square Enix a Third party publisher to go exclusive to Sony.

Honestly how do you think Square Enix feels?

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Seriously if Sony a First party publisher is releasing their games multiplatform then it’s ridiculous to expect Square Enix a Third party publisher to go exclusive to Sony.

Honestly how do you think Square Enix feels?
If that were the case, how do they feel about Xbox first party games being released on PS? Why would they go and support that then?

This is all about Gamepass upfront cash, nothing more.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Games are more expensive to make every generation, so they publish them in more places to get more revenue and keep the business sustainable.

It isn't that hard to understand. I don't get why you get mad because more people will be able to play these games, when they will continue being released to your console. In fact, now there will be former Nintendo exclusives that will also be on PS.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If that were the case, how do they feel about Xbox first games being released on PS? Why would they go and support that then?

This is all about Gamepass upfront cash, nothing more.

That is irrelevant. Microsoft, Sony and Square are doing it for the extra cash.

It’s ridiculous to expect Square Enix to make exclusives when Sony the first party are releasing Multiplatform.

Sony only have themselves to blame here.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Games are more expensive to make every generation, so they publish them in more places to get more revenue and keep the business sustainable.

It isn't that hard to understand. I don't get why you get mad because more people will be able to play these games, when they will continue being released to your console. In fact, now there will be former Nintendo exclusives that will also be on PS.
They try and justify it by spreading FUD and saying this is what kills Sony, rather than accepting that PS is a more open platform these days.

you guys thought SE was gonna give Sony a multiple generation long blowjob? It's obvious Sony reached to them to bolster the first half of PS5s life. That time is now over.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Now that Square has shown itself to the Whore of the industry, willing to stab loyal paying customers and fans in the back for Microsofts blood money, should Playstation gamers boycott thier games? I say yes!
🙄 some of u really waste you energies on nonsense. Focus on ps positivity and not poking the Xbox corpse with a stick or complaining about squares bs strategies

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This sense of having certain third parties pledging allegiance to the brand is deeply ingrained in the PS1 and PS2 days.

Those were 20/30 years ago. Third parties can release games wherever they want.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
It's clear that they still will prioritize PS5 for their larger tentpole titles. Xbox will pay large checks for the scraps years after everyone has already played them like FF16. Not a big deal IMHO.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They try and justify it by spreading FUD and saying this is what kills Sony, rather than accepting that PS is a more open platform these days.

you guys thought SE was gonna give Sony a multiple generation long blowjob? It's obvious Sony reached to them to bolster the first half of PS5s life. That time is now over.
No, it isn't over.

SE just released FFXVI, Foamstars, FFVII Rebirth and will continue releasing PS (some timed) exclusive games like the 3rd part of the FFVII remake.

Like all the companies they are moving to a more MP approach, which also means that they now will give to Sony games that previously could have signed as Nintendo or MS exclusives, even older ones like Octopath Traveller once their temporal exclusive ended. As may happen with previous PS exclusives, some may be temporal and may be ported somewhere else in the future.

But this doesn't mean they'll stop making exclusives. And even less for the market leader, Sony.