Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money?

Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
No, it isn't over.

SE just released FFXVI, Foamstars, FFVII Rebirth and will continue releasing PS (some timed) exclusive games like the 3rd part of the FFVII remake.

Like all the companies they are moving to a more MP approach, which also means that they now will give to Sony games that previously could have signed as Nintendo or MS exclusives, even older ones like Octopath Traveller once their temporal exclusive ended. As may happen with previous PS exclusives, some may be temporal and may be ported somewhere else in the future.

But this doesn't mean they'll stop making exclusives. And even less for the market leader, Sony.
It's clear that they still will prioritize PS5 for their larger tentpole titles. Xbox will pay large checks for the scraps years after everyone has already played them like FF16. Not a big deal IMHO.

They might, this is possibly just PR speak and businesses change their minds all the time but they have very clearly stated that they want their games multiplat

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024

They might, this is possibly just PR speak and businesses change their minds all the time but they have very clearly stated that they want their games multiplat
I'll believe it when they put the next huge flagpole release like FF17 day and date on Xbox.

If you release day and date on Xbox how many extra copies do you sell? I don't even think they'd crack a million in sales in the first year on Xbox. We know and they know that Xbox players don't buy games. But if Microsoft throws tens of millions at them to put it on GamePass on launch, maybe it's a possibility, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You follow the golden rule, if it's ever on Gamepass you pay a maximum of $1 to play it, just give them what they want. Follow the way of the green rats and get the best deal in gaming. :ROFLMAO:

You do that for 10 games and it pretty much already paid for your PC if you are a PlayStation only player.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
You follow the golden rule, if it's ever on Gamepass you pay a maximum of $1 to play it, just give them what they want. Follow the way of the green rats and get the best deal in gaming. :ROFLMAO:

You do that for 10 games and it pretty much already paid for your PC if you are a PlayStation only player.

Me and my sister coordinated our time to maximize our free trials a few years ago to play as many game with the trial.
Hey, if Xbox wants to let us play dozens of games for free, I won't complain.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Diah

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Actually you should do the opposite.
Show them their games only sells on PlayStation.
That is how 3rd-party ends doing exclusives deals with PlayStation because they know they sell enough.

Reactions: Batzy

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Me and my sister coordinated our time to maximize our free trials a few years ago to play as many game with the trial.
Hey, if Xbox wants to let us play dozens of games for free, I won't complain.
Well, I just pay the least money they are asking for, if they are dumb enough to ask for $1 so be it, too bad this could end up devaluing otherwise successful games but I'm not their CEO.

Reactions: Diah

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. It would literally push Square to make only xbox games. So do the opposite. Buy them so the xbox versions is always at 1% compared to PS.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. It would literally push Square to make only xbox games. So do the opposite. Buy them so the xbox versions is always at 1% compared to PS.
I mean this is already the case. Virtually every SE game that has touched the Xbox platform has sold very few copies in comparison to playstation. This has been the case and SE still is choosing this strategy. If that's the choice they make, I'll gladly abuse the $1 game pass special instead of buying their games moving forward.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
So the heart of the matter is that Square DARED to release games on other platforms as well as PS? And now you throw a hissy fit?

I can't understand how anyone would be pissed by that. You still get to play the game.

Reactions: Vertigo

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I mean this is already the case. Virtually every SE game that has touched the Xbox platform has sold very few copies in comparison to playstation. This has been the case and SE still is choosing this strategy. If that's the choice they make, I'll gladly abuse the $1 game pass special instead of buying their games moving forward.
You are a moron. I will never reward xbox to punish Square. I will either not play or pirate the games.

Ico

8 May 2024
Be thankful that AstroBot exists, if youre going to play only exclusives from now on you will only have this one for a good while lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Dabaus

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So the heart of the matter is that Square DARED to release games on other platforms as well as PS? And now you throw a hissy fit?

I can't understand how anyone would be pissed by that. You still get to play the game.
No its not that theyre releasing games on other platform's, although with xbox claiming they want to put playstation out of business, and their hardware sales collapsing, it is a very bad look on their part. Its that they let xbox chuds have the games essentially for free but expect playstation fans to bail them by buying the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I stopped buying Sega games because they give everything for free anyway. Square is next if they go back to Day 1 or short window on GP.

I bought Unicorn Overlord on sale a month after release but that's Vanillaware and it's not on game pass. The deal was too good to pass up.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Actually you should do the opposite.
Show them their games only sells on PlayStation.
That is how 3rd-party ends doing exclusives deals with PlayStation because they know they sell enough.
They count on selling on playstation regardless. Great idea, make sure that there are zero consequences.

If you got GP cash upfront, and on top of that still sold on PS, would you change your mind next time? LOL