Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima Pc Port News coming soon

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Seems like a deflection for Xbox current failure & FF7 rebirth succes I don’t see why Sony will announce a GOT PC port when GOT 2 hasn’t been reveal GOT 2 will release in 2025 most likely targeting holiday like the first game a PC port of GOT in 2024 seem premature maybe early 2025 leading to GOT 2

Also PS will have a major showcase around summer in 2024 to showcase 2025 & the future I doubt they’ll announce a PC port in the showcase most PC port been announced thru a blog post also Nixxes is working on HFW & likely working on SM2 I guess they’ll have to push those ports to a later date

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems like a deflection for Xbox current failure & FF7 rebirth I don’t see why Sony will announce a GOT PC port when GOT 2 hasn’t been reveal GOT 2 will release in 2025 most likely targeting holiday like the first game a PC port got GOT in 2024 seem premature maybe early 2025 leading to GOT 2

Also PS will have a major showcase around summer in 2024 to showcase 2025 & the future I doubt they’ll announce a PC port in the showcase most PC port been announced thru a blog post also Nixxes is working on HFW & likely working on SM2 I guess they’ll have to push those ports to a later date
I think it makes more sense to announce it in a random Tuesday PS blog post or State of Play than in a showcase.

Regarding PC, for 2024 they have announced Helldivers 2, HFW, Until Dawn and Concord. I assume they'll release TLOU2R too this year, if not the next one.

I think it makes sense to announce GoT for late 2024 or early 2025 (Nixxes could work on it after HFW) to help fund GoT2, and also to have some Sucker Punch release between their 2021 GoT DC release and GoT2, which could release 2026 or beyond.

Then a few months after releasing GoT PC (once the IP got new fans on PC, giving some for people to wait for discounts and completing it) they could release the first trailer of the movie and the sequel.

Pretty likely they already had a roadmap of their 2024/2025 PC ports of old games minium a handful years ago, when they already knew the FFVII Rebirth release date.

Regarding MS, Sony don't care about what MS does. It won't change their plans, at least for short and medium term. And the only change would be once MS kills Xbox hardware or at least its console exclusives. At that point, the change Sony would do would be to pay less for 3rd party exclusives because wouldn't be that important having less direct competition.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
sad adam conover GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Good business decisions would've put it out July 2020.
Is it a good business decision to devalue your platform and closed ecosystem in favor of day-and-date Steam sales of one game?

Anyone claiming day-and-date PC releases of first party console games are a good business decision assumes that the decision wouldn't impact the console business in the long term. That console business brings in way more money for the manufacturer than just first party game sales and hardware sales. They can justify the budgets for lavish single player experiences by how attractive it makes their platform which, in turn, brings in more revenue from third party games, DLC and MTX from those games, and subscriptions.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Is it a good business decision to devalue your platform and closed ecosystem in favor of day-and-date Steam sales of one game?

Anyone claiming day-and-date PC releases of first party console games are a good business decision assumes that the decision wouldn't impact the console business in the long term. That console business brings in way more money for the manufacturer than just first party game sales and hardware sales. They can justify the budgets for lavish single player experiences by how attractive it makes their platform which, in turn, brings in more revenue from third party games, DLC and MTX from those games, and subscriptions.
Please catch up:

Hiroki Totoki, CEO of PlayStation:
In the past, we wanted to popularize console and the 1st party titles' main purpose was to make the console popular. It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers, 1st party can be grown with multiplatform and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on.

Do you think he doesn't care about "devaluing the brand"?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Please catch up:

i think when people see any sort of first party on PC, they think it will make people jump to PC, sure, some of them will, but the overwhelming majority of PlayStation users will in fact stay on their platform. That is where their library is, the money they poured into it, etc. PC that is at the level of next gen isn't as affordable as the console but it is much better in my personal opinion.

That's why I think day and date will not do as much damage as people think it will, the majority of people will stay on PS. Think of all the families who give their child a console on their birthday or Christmas, do people think that's gonna change if day and date happens? No! Consoles will always have a major stake in the market.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
i think when people see any sort of first party on PC, they think it will make people jump to PC, sure, some of them will, but the overwhelming majority of PlayStation users will in fact stay on their platform. That is where their library is, the money they poured into it, etc. PC that is at the level of next gen isn't as affordable as the console but it is much better in my personal opinion.

That's why I think day and date will not do as much damage as people think it will, the majority of people will stay on PS. Think of all the families who give their child a console on their birthday or Christmas, do people think that's gonna change if day and date happens? No! Consoles will always have a major stake in the market.
I agree with you. I think people buy PlayStation because it is a great, easy to use experience at a good price.

I also think PCs are soon going to offer 99% of what Playstation does well plus everything PCs do well, and videogames are going to enter a golden age. There's no reason to have an artificial barrier between Steam, Playstation, and Xbox when they've all got the same chips inside. Just make one version of the game and be done with it.

Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I agree with you. I think people buy PlayStation because it is a great, easy to use experience at a good price.

I also think PCs are soon going to offer 99% of what Playstation does well plus everything PCs do well, and videogames are going to enter a golden age. There's no reason to have an artificial barrier between Steam, Playstation, and Xbox when they've all got the same chips inside. Just make one version of the game and be done with it.
That would be a great idea for consumers, but a bad idea for the actual market itself I think, people may eventually see that PC is the better of the three there and may jump ship, especially if a new hardware gen comes out without backwards compat (dumb idea, hopefully that never happens)

Though the idea of having everything available everywhere would be neat, I can't see it ever coming to light in a healthy way business wise.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Please catch up:

I believe you're the first person on the entire internet to misrepresent that quote to mean something wildly different from what Totoki meant to say! Thanks for catching me up, and congrats!

This was sarcasm, of course you're not the first person and I probably read this quote before you did. Difference is, I understood it.

You said the good business decision would've been to launch Ghost of Tsushima day-and-date on PC. Show me a quote where Totoki is advocating for day-and-date PC launches for first party games. You can't.

Day-and-date PC launches of first party games would devalue the PlayStation platform, point blank.