Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima Pc Port News coming soon

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
i think when people see any sort of first party on PC, they think it will make people jump to PC, sure, some of them will, but the overwhelming majority of PlayStation users will in fact stay on their platform. That is where their library is, the money they poured into it, etc. PC that is at the level of next gen isn't as affordable as the console but it is much better in my personal opinion.

That's why I think day and date will not do as much damage as people think it will, the majority of people will stay on PS. Think of all the families who give their child a console on their birthday or Christmas, do people think that's gonna change if day and date happens? No! Consoles will always have a major stake in the market

i think when people see any sort of first party on PC, they think it will make people jump to PC, sure, some of them will, but the overwhelming majority of PlayStation users will in fact stay on their platform. That is where their library is, the money they poured into it, etc. PC that is at the level of next gen isn't as affordable as the console but it is much better in my personal opinion.

That's why I think day and date will not do as much damage as people think it will, the majority of people will stay on PS. Think of all the families who give their child a console on their birthday or Christmas, do people think that's gonna change if day and date happens? No! Consoles will always have a major stake in the market.
Idk what makes people think an overwhelming majority of PS gamers will stay to a platform that has no exclusive & no reason to buy or own. People who talk about this topic should talk using data not gut feeling

Overwhelming majority of Xbox fans didn’t stick to Xbox over half of the Xbox fanbase migrated to PC & other platforms that has exclusive. Xbox console platform been cut in half since they did day n date on PC. Xbox series S/X consoles has sold 23 million in 4 years if Xbox starts a new gen in 2026 like its rumor to be Xbox series S/X would have sold roughly low 30 million (Xbox series are selling roughly 5 to 6 million per year) this is half the consoles sold then Xbox one in the same time span & Xbox one was consider a disaster to the point MS was gonna shut them down. Did Xbox fans stick to Xbox? No they didn’t people need to understand it’s not only Xbox fans who transition/migrated to PC or other platforms it’s also PC, PS & Nintendo fans who bought a previous Xbox console for its exclusive & when they no longer have exclusive games there’s no need to buy that console ofc some will stick the 30 million Series S/X owners who’s stuck after Xbox one but w Xbox games going to PS & Nintendo & eventuality of day n date on those platforms that 30 million playerbase on that Xbox console will once again be cut in half again fully expect the next Xbox console to sell 15 to 20 million

& people need to stop saying day n date will bring more profits. Xbox went day n date & from 2016 to 2020 there revenue & profits remained similar there wasn’t a massive gain in profits from going PC day n date why? Because what happen instead Xbox fans migrated to PC & instead of having additional sells or additional profits Xbox traded 100% of a sell on Xbox w 70% of a sell on PC leaving Xbox revenue & profits to remain the similar or in some case make less then they could. Xbox games stay the same or decreased in sells when they went day n date PC. Xbox games selling on console & PC decreased & subscription on console & PC has stalled & harmed there revenue/profits because there consoles was damaged & are selling less consoles then ever before. Now Xbox has to release there games on PS & Nintendo platforms w 100+ million playerbase to make up the revenue/profit due to them damaging there own console platform & the quality of games downgraded due to supporting more platforms leading to less sells less revenue/profits

Xbox revenue/profit only massively grew in 2024 when they spend 80+ billion buying multiplatform publishers w a ton of live service games like COD, OW, Diablo & Candy Crush that are on PS, PC & mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I believe you're the first person on the entire internet to misrepresent that quote to mean something wildly different from what Totoki meant to say! Thanks for catching me up, and congrats!

This was sarcasm, of course you're not the first person and I probably read this quote before you did. Difference is, I understood it.

You said the good business decision would've been to launch Ghost of Tsushima day-and-date on PC. Show me a quote where Totoki is advocating for day-and-date PC launches for first party games. You can't.

Day-and-date PC launches of first party games would devalue the PlayStation platform, point blank.
Flaccidsnake is a notorious pc master race

He will always push the agenda for every console game to go multiplat to pc

Honestly i wont even bother with this dude anymore

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Idk what makes people think an overwhelming majority of PS gamers will stay to a platform that has no exclusive & no reason to buy or own. People who talk about this topic should talk using data not gut feeling

Overwhelming majority of Xbox fans didn’t stick to Xbox over half of the Xbox fanbase migrated to PC & other platforms that has exclusive. Xbox console platform been cut in half since they did day n date on PC. Xbox series S/X consoles has sold 23 million in 4 years if Xbox starts a new gen in 2026 like its rumor to be Xbox series S/X would have sold roughly low 30 million (Xbox series are selling roughly 5 to 6 million per year) this is half the consoles sold then Xbox one in the same time span & Xbox one was consider a disaster to the point MS was gonna shut them down. Did Xbox fans stick to Xbox? No they didn’t people need to understand it’s not only Xbox fans who transition/migrated to PC or other platforms it’s also PC, PS & Nintendo fans who bought a previous Xbox console for its exclusive & when they no longer have exclusive games there’s no need to buy that console ofc some will stick the 30 million Series S/X owners who’s stuck after Xbox one but w Xbox games going to PS & Nintendo & eventuality of day n date on those platforms that 30 million playerbase on that Xbox console will once again be cut in half again fully expect the next Xbox console to sell 15 to 20 million
> "Idk what makes people think an overwhelming majority of PS gamers will stay to a platform that has no exclusive & no reason to buy or own. People who talk about this topic should talk using data not gut feeling"

their library is already there on PS, they would lose EVERYTHING on every game that doesn't have cross-save/progression and since PS doesn't have anything like Microsoft does with Xbox's "Play Anywhere" feature on PC, it would make zero sense until the next console generation, and that brings me on to the next point. Affordability, console is much, much easier to purchase with a responsible budget than a PC of the same (or better) performance/quality, consoles have a lot of power for such a small price tag like that, and now we get to Convenience. It is way easier to pack up and move a console anywhere you need to go, you're going on a vacation? Bring the console, its a small box that slides in and barely takes up much space in your suitcase, no need to worry about it. You can't do the same thing with PC, that is a much bigger and much more daunting task, you have to worry about a whole lot more, space, safety, all the wires that come along with it, you'd have to bring your monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is just too much.

> "Overwhelming majority of Xbox fans didn’t stick to Xbox over half of the Xbox fanbase migrated to PC & other platforms that has exclusive."

Where is your source to actually prove this though? There's still tons of people on Xbox, and the transfer was made easier for some because of Xbox's "Play Anywhere" feature which is on (i think) all of their exclusives, you would of course lose your games without that, thus having to buy it again. (this plays back into the whole library is already there thing). Xbox One was a complete disaster, but in case you haven't realized yet, Xbox does not care about selling their hardware that much, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to push Game Pass and the whole "No Console Required" shtick solidifies that.

> "Xbox games going to PS & Nintendo & eventuality of day n date on those platforms"

you came at me for "gut feelings," do you really think Xbox will release day and date on PS and Nintendo? What makes you think that?

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Flaccidsnake is a notorious pc master race

He will always push the agenda for every console game to go multiplat to pc

Honestly i wont even bother with this dude anymore
I primarily play games on PC myself. I just have a bit more sense, I guess.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
w0UE2J.gif

@JAHGamer on hearing this
Accurate

• haha
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Fenton

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
That would be a great idea for consumers, but a bad idea for the actual market itself I think, people may eventually see that PC is the better of the three there and may jump ship, especially if a new hardware gen comes out without backwards compat (dumb idea, hopefully that never happens)

Though the idea of having everything available everywhere would be neat, I can't see it ever coming to light in a healthy way business wise.
It's not a problem if people jump ship. Playstation should make a console+PC too. Hardware is not going to be subsidized as it has in the past. It's the biggest issue affecting both Sony and MS that they can't make these boxes on the cheap anymore. PS5 is not going on sale for $200 any time soon like you would normally expect in year 5. It's the opposite: manufacturing costs are going up.

Reactions: Exicide

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
> "Idk what makes people think an overwhelming majority of PS gamers will stay to a platform that has no exclusive & no reason to buy or own. People who talk about this topic should talk using data not gut feeling"

their library is already there on PS, they would lose EVERYTHING on every game that doesn't have cross-save/progression and since PS doesn't have anything like Microsoft does with Xbox's "Play Anywhere" feature on PC, it would make zero sense until the next console generation, and that brings me on to the next point. Affordability, console is much, much easier to purchase with a responsible budget than a PC of the same (or better) performance/quality, consoles have a lot of power for such a small price tag like that, and now we get to Convenience. It is way easier to pack up and move a console anywhere you need to go, you're going on a vacation? Bring the console, its a small box that slides in and barely takes up much space in your suitcase, no need to worry about it. You can't do the same thing with PC, that is a much bigger and much more daunting task, you have to worry about a whole lot more, space, safety, all the wires that come along with it, you'd have to bring your monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is just too much.

> "Overwhelming majority of Xbox fans didn’t stick to Xbox over half of the Xbox fanbase migrated to PC & other platforms that has exclusive."

Where is your source to actually prove this though? There's still tons of people on Xbox, and the transfer was made easier for some because of Xbox's "Play Anywhere" feature which is on (i think) all of their exclusives, you would of course lose your games without that, thus having to buy it again. (this plays back into the whole library is already there thing). Xbox One was a complete disaster, but in case you haven't realized yet, Xbox does not care about selling their hardware that much, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to push Game Pass and the whole "No Console Required" shtick solidifies that.

> "Xbox games going to PS & Nintendo & eventuality of day n date on those platforms"

you came at me for "gut feelings," do you now whatever I had on PS console is on P

you came at me for "gut feelings," do you really think Xbox will release day and date on PS and Nintendo? What makes you think that?

I think the logic is pretty understandable if your console platform doesn’t have exclusive your console platform is obsolete & will be irrelevant long term.

If you had a gf or wife & she spend time w me on the weekend you in general w time will care less & less about her till the point where you fully moved on. Idk maybe it’s my logic of thinking but if my gf/wife wasn’t exclusive to me id move one to other girls seems pretty straightforward sure there some “cucks” in the world that’ll stick by which are the 10 to 25 million players left on Xbox but by no means would the majority stick by to a platform that offers no exclusive long term that’s not how exclusivity works in any other industry. Netflix & Disney wouldn’t have 200 + million subscribers if they didn’t have exclusive media Mc Donald wouldnt be a top fast food restaurant if it didn’t have there exclusive menu you can apply exclusivity to essentially any business in competition the business w lower quality or less exclusive aren’t at the top in there respective markets

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
If they are gonna put this on PC it should not be on that platform till 6 months before the sequel is dropping on PS5... Let FOMO force the PC peasants to want the sequel immediately after getting a taste.

This should have been the strategy for all the Tentpole games but these losers at the helm are clueless.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
When will people stop believing this fraud Nick?
He never gets things right and if when, then it’s mostly someone different who reported on. Would be the next point he never credits the real reporting person.
Remember when this bozo told that Microsoft will buy Capcom next or when he claimed FF7 Remake is coming to Xbox in 2021.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
If they are gonna put this on PC it should not be on that platform till 6 months before the sequel is dropping on PS5... Let FOMO force the PC peasants to want the sequel immediately after getting a taste.

This should have been the strategy for all the Tentpole games but these losers at the helm are clueless.
the term peasant doesn't belong after PC, neither does it belong after console.

Anyways, your idea, that wouldn't work, it's not going to make people who only game on PC specifically buy a console.