Silent Hill 2 |OT| For me, it's always like this..

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
It doesn't say either.
But you are probably right because I found an old PR from the 8 million milestone that says exactly that "excluding copies obtained with subscription services.)" even so PS+ Extra didn't even exists at time... they where mostly talking about Gamepass PC or July 2019 PS+.

That PR proves too that the game sold 1.1m units on PS4 after between March 2022 and January 2023.

Mar 2022 to Jan 2023 PS4: 1.1m
Mar 2022 to Jan 2023 PC: 1.4m

"Detroit: Become Human™, which has surpassed the milestone of more than 2.5 million units sold on PC, accumulating over 8million copies sold worldwide across all platforms (excluding copies obtained with subscription services.)"

That already kills your claim the game stopped to sell on consoles lol

You don't even realize that you're proving my point, quite dense.

2/27/22 we know that PS4 is at 5.4 million units

1/18/23, 11 months later the combined total is 8 million and the PC is 2.5 million. What is 8 million minus 2.5 million? It's 5.5 million.

So between 2/27/22 and 1/18/23 the PS4 version only sold 100k units.

I'm not sure where you got 1.1 million, but it's your bad math skills and english language skills.

Despite only selling 100k units in a year... somehow you think the rest of sales from 8 million to 10 million were from the PS4 version, despite the clear growth from the PC version selling 2.5 million.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You don't even realize that you're proving my point, quite dense.

2/27/22 we know that PS4 is at 5.4 million units

1/18/23, 11 months later the combined total is 8 million and the PC is 2.5 million. What is 8 million minus 2.5 million? It's 5.5 million.

So between 2/27/22 and 1/18/23 the PS4 version only sold 100k units.

I'm not sure where you got 1.1 million, but it's your bad math skills and english language skills.

Despite only selling 100k units in a year... somehow you think the rest of sales from 8 million to 10 million were from the PS4 version, despite the clear growth from the PC version selling 2.5 million.
Yeap I made a mistake.

It should be 1.25m since late 2020 for PS4.
PC sold since launch 2.5m... from March 2022 to Jan 2023 it sold 1.4m.

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yeah this is the best horror game ever made. I say that very VERY confidently. It directly caters to me and why I love horror media. The boss I faced last night had to of been the craziest setpiece ive seen in a horror game.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yeap I made a mistake.

It should be 1.25m since late 2020 for PS4.
PC sold since launch 2.5m... from March 2022 to Jan 2023 it sold 1.4m.

So go on and explain how this game sold 100K units in a year, but somehow sold millions more after that without ever charting...

As I said from the get go, the breakdown is likely ~6 million on PS4 and ~4 million on PC and that's being generous towards PS4.

And the original point is these games can go on selling on PC for years especially once they hit discount pricing. They don't need high concurrent numbers at launch or really at any point. These are not GaaS games.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah this is the best horror game ever made. I say that very VERY confidently. It directly caters to me and why I love horror media. The boss I faced last night had to of been the craziest setpiece ive seen in a horror game.
The 4 legged enemy's that hide in plain sight are really well designed

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Wrapped it up last night. Easiest 10/10 I could ever give.

I did NOT expect the story to be about James struggling keep his sanity over his unfortunate situation with his wife. He is fighting all of his fears (Pyramid Head) and temptation (marie) It was just impeccably well told

One of my favorite stories in a game, some of the best audio visual experiences in the market, thoughtful level design with so many depressing vibes, and brutal combat.... it all comes together so perfectly. This is one I won't be forgetting.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I started my copy yesterday and Bloober did a wonderful job. Everything looks familiar like I remember it in my head but with 2024 graphics. I'm playing in graphics mode, performance was fine too but I decided to stay on graphics. I got used to it pretty fast.

I played until Neelys Bar, I made the disc and I'm going to play the jukebox tonight 🥶

Goddamn this forum is incredible. It was a Silent Hill 2 OT, but it ended up being about Steam, CCU and Detroit.
That's because you guys pollute every thread with your fake PC sales and PC praise as if all games flop if they are not on it. Mibu is totally gone, from good poster to Steam peddler. Sad.

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I started my copy yesterday and Bloober did a wonderful job. Everything looks familiar like I remember it in my head but with 2024 graphics. I'm playing in graphics mode, performance was fine too but I decided to stay on graphics. I got used to it pretty fast.

I played until Neelys Bar, I made the disc and I'm going to play the jukebox tonight 🥶

That's because you guys pollute every thread with your fake PC sales and PC praise as if all games flop if they are not on it. Mibu is totally gone, from good poster to Steam peddler. Sad.
People seriously need to stop looking too deep at CCU counts, ports, etc. Spaces like this easily lose focus on what the point is.... the games.. only like 2 other users besides us even bought the game... if you didn't buy it, why even post here?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Played for 2 more hours (only played 2nd time really). My buddy came to visit so I was able to launch the damn thing and play lol.
I am maybe mid way through the apartments.
gameplay loop is good. A bit slow with all the picking up and cupboards opening. You really have to look at them for interact button to appear.
The game is very oppressive and that's tiring. it's great

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm almost done with the Wood Side Apartments. I'm taking my time and exploring everything 😁

I have to say the new James looks good. I remember there was some backlash at the reveal because he didn't look american enough (too Polish?) but now he looks like Leon from RE4.

How do you compare it with Alan Wake 2? There's a lot of similarities and inspirations from the Silent Hill series in AW. They both have the same vibe.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Made it to the 2nd open area right after the first boss fight.
christ... the outer world apartments are horrible. So unpleasant, gross and just no fun.
I never enjoyed rusty slimy part of silent hill. The game is almost too tense to play lol.
Some air now...

• sad

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm at the part with Maria.

I know she's supposed to be super sexy but I feel like she's not pretty enough 😬

She looks too normal, like a waitress.

Made it to the 2nd open area right after the first boss fight.
christ... the outer world apartments are horrible. So unpleasant, gross and just no fun.
I never enjoyed rusty slimy part of silent hill. The game is almost too tense to play lol.
Some air now...
2 huge apartment complex back to back is kind of too much. They want James to feel trapped I guess.

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'm almost done with the Wood Side Apartments. I'm taking my time and exploring everything 😁

I have to say the new James looks good. I remember there was some backlash at the reveal because he didn't look american enough (too Polish?) but now he looks like Leon from RE4.

How do you compare it with Alan Wake 2? There's a lot of similarities and inspirations from the Silent Hill series in AW. They both have the same vibe.
Silent Hill 2 remains consistent in its atmosphere and tone from beginning to end…. whilst Alan Wake 2 while still horror at it's core (and best) deviates into a lot camp, and meta. I personally love the jump scares in Alan Wake but I respect Silent Hills use of restraint so much more. I would give the slight edge to Silent Hill 2 in terms of personal preference, as I love horror that isn't scared to be JUST that...

I think Silent Hill 2, Alan Wake 2, and Resident Evil 2 are the peak games in the horror genre.

• Shake

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Silent Hill 2 remains consistent in its atmosphere and tone from beginning to end…. whilst Alan Wake 2 while still horror at it's core (and best) deviates into a lot camp, and meta. I personally love the jump scares in Alan Wake but I respect Silent Hills use of restraint so much more. I would give the slight edge to Silent Hill 2 in terms of personal preference, as I love horror that isn't scared to be JUST that...

I think Silent Hill 2, Alan Wake 2, and Resident Evil 2 are the peak games in the horror genre.
AW2 would be so much better if they didn't do stupid jumpscare grandma face every 3 seconds

• haha
Reactions: voke and Luffy123
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
AW2 would be so much better if they didn't do stupid jumpscare grandma face every 3 seconds
I liked them personally but I can understand why many people would consider them cheap scares. I liked how it kept me on my toes.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Silent Hill is the OG, Alan Wake wouldn't exist without it (and David Lynch). SH2 is a lot darker and oppressive. I'm at the Brookhaven Hospital and damn, I had to stop for the night.

I didn't play the AW2 DLC yet but I'll get to it if I'm still in the mood after SH2. I didn't want to pit these games against each other but I know Alan Wake 2 was your game of the gen so I was just curious.

I love them both ❤️

• brain
Reactions: voke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I did NOT expect the story to be about James struggling keep his sanity over his unfortunate situation with his wife. He is fighting all of his fears (Pyramid Head) and temptation (marie) It was just impeccably well told

One of my favorite stories in a game, some of the best audio visual experiences in the market, thoughtful level design with so many depressing vibes, and brutal combat.... it all comes together so perfectly. This is one I won't be forgetting.
Ohhh you didn't know? Sorry to have wrote about it early in this thread.
At least seems like I did not affected you.

It is nice people are finally knowing (even if with a toned down atmosphere) what the classic Silent Hill 2 is about.