So, it seems hi-fi rush has been forgotten

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Feel free to add any rebuttal.

You want a rebuttal to highlighting the obvious fact that indie games do not stay in the gaming consciousness for long? I'd be interested to see any indie title that actually continued to be frequently discussed for longer than like a month after it's initial release.

It's not how shit works but you guys are taking this as a win that people (not OP lmao) are not talking about the game anymore. Rollerdrome was forgotten by gamers minutes after release but it's a fantastic game one of my favourites of the year.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You want a rebuttal to highlighting the obvious fact that indie games do not stay in the gaming consciousness for long? I'd be interested to see any indie title that actually continued to be frequently discussed for longer than like a month after it's initial release.

It's not how shit works but you guys are taking this as a win that people (not OP lmao) are not talking about the game anymore. Rollerdrome was forgotten by gamers minutes after release but it's a fantastic game one of my favourites of the year.
I said it was forgotten, nothing more, glad you agree.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I said it was forgotten, nothing more, glad you agree.

I would say Rollerdrome was more forgotten considering nobody actually talked about it very quickly after release, and it was a stellar game thus clearly game quality is not the deciding factor for whether or not an indie game will continue to be discussed. HFR rustling jimmies every day still it would seem lol

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I would say Rollerdrome was more forgotten considering nobody actually talked about it very quickly after release, and it was a stellar game so clearly game quality is not the prevailing factor for if an indie game will continue to be discussed, but HFR rustling jimmies every day still lol
Keep telling yourself that.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Keep telling yourself that.

Which part was untrue? That another great indie game was very quickly forgotten in the gaming sphere? Or that we still have people claiming this well received game is a failure because it has been "forgotten"?

Some of you guys are pretty sad honestly, like I've never seen people try so hard to dislike something cool looking simply because of console affiliation

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Which part was untrue? That another great indie game was very quickly forgotten in the gaming sphere? Or that we still have people claiming this well received game is a failure because it has been "forgotten"?

Some of you guys are pretty sad honestly, like I've never seen people try so hard to dislike something cool looking simply because of console affiliation
The difference is there was never any hype for Rollerdrome, even if it was exclusive. We didn't call it goty or best game ever so it's not the same situation at all. I heard more about Hi-Fi in 2 weeks than GOW Ragnarok and that game sold 12 millions. That's how bad the shilling was.

I actually bought Rollerdrome when it came out because there was a discount for PS+ members. It was fun but I didn't play it much. Thanks for reminding me 🙂

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I heard more about Hi-Fi in 2 weeks than GOW Ragnarok and that game sold 12 millions. That's how bad the shilling was.

Where specifically? I didn't see anything about this game until it was like released and I thought it was awesome looking, we've discussed before how it's not unlikely that game starved people will talk up any new release that looks good perhaps to absurd levels. That doesn't mean the game doesn't look good for what it is and I don't know why it should be expected to buck the trend of indie games not remaining in the conversation for very long.

I actually bought Rollerdrome when it came out because there was a discount for PS+ members. It was fun but I didn't play it much. Thanks for reminding me 🙂

My pleasure, more people need to play that game!

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Where specifically? I didn't see anything about this game until it was like released and I thought it was awesome looking, we've discussed before how it's not unlikely that game starved people will talk up any new release that looks good perhaps to absurd levels. That doesn't mean the game doesn't look good for what it is and I don't know why it should be expected to buck the trend of indie games not remaining in the conversation for very long.

My pleasure, more people need to play that game!

Warriors read other warriors on Twitter and watch other warriors on YouTube and then are upset about what warriors say. It’s a fucking bizarre mentality I will never understand.

I’m sure there are some Xbox influencers who went hard on the game, just like it happens with every Nintendo or Sony game. For whatever reason some Sony warriors seemed to be upset that Xbox had a good surprise game. Again, a mentality I will never understand. They get so many games and see so much success for their favorite toy but it’s like Xbox should have none 😆😆

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Neither Kena nor Stray were forgotten this quickly in the years they came out. And hi fi rush had 1000x more "internet hype" than those two, with people acting like it was god's gift to gaming.

This thread, and the Hi-Fi review thread, is more active than 90% of game discussions thread on this forum.

If this is your barometer of forgotten, more games ought to be forgotten to get this kind of user engagement 😬

Warriors read other warriors on Twitter and watch other warriors on YouTube and then are upset about what warriors say. It’s a fucking bizarre mentality I will never understand.

I’m sure there are some Xbox influencers who went hard on the game, just like it happens with every Nintendo or Sony game. For whatever reason some Sony warriors seemed to be upset that Xbox had a good surprise game. Again, a mentality I will never understand. They get so many games and see so much success for their favorite toy but it’s like Xbox should have none 😆😆

I think the fact that this shadow drop completely took the wind out of an AAA exclusive PS5 game just one day before its big over-hyped release really shook a lot of people.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I think the fact that this shadow drop completely took the wind out of an AAA exclusive PS5 game just one day before its big over-hyped release really shook a lot of people.

Was it that close to Forspoken? I assume that’s the game you’re talking about. And that just makes all the salt about HiFi Rush buzz even funnier, as if a bunch of Sony influencers weren’t shilling the fuck out of Forspoken leading up to launch. And then it launches and suddenly oh uh, you know… we all expected it to be meh!!

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Was it that close to Forspoken? I assume that’s the game you’re talking about. And that just makes all the salt about HiFi Rush buzz even funnier, as if a bunch of Sony influencers weren’t shilling the fuck out of Forspoken leading up to launch. And then it launches and suddenly oh uh, you know… we all expected it to be meh!!

Yep, that game that I shall not name as it causes grievance to some, came out on the 24th, the next day MS shadow dropped HF Rush as part of the developer_direct and it completely took over the internet zeitgeist.

• haha

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
as if a bunch of Sony influencers weren’t shilling the fuck out of Forspoken leading up to launch.
Who? Must be those 7 pages topic your bae was talking about. I bet those 2 users were shilling something fierce 🤣

Yep, that game that I shall not name as it causes grievance to some, came out on the 24th, the next day MS shadow dropped HF Rush as part of the developer_direct and it completely took over the internet zeitgeist.
Atomic Heart, a random russian game from a no name studio, completely destroyed Hifi Flush on Steam and already overtook it on Xbox and GP. That's how low it was in the real world.

Phil shadow dropped that zeitgeist in the toilet.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
GOTY discourse was always silly, it was the hype of the shadow drop that took people by storm not the game itself.

* and the fact that it was a bloody great game. A game like snoreboken will still have been received just as poorly if it were shadow dropped, cause that was a bad game.

• haha

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
* and the fact that it was a bloody great game. A game like snoreboken will still have been received just as poorly if it were shadow dropped, cause that was a bad game.

I dont think either game will end up being very memorable by years end

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You may be right, but at least one of them is a very viable award contender for multiple categories by years end.

Eh, sounds like putting the cart before the horse. This years line up of games yet to come will take no prisoners during award season. I doubt anything release so far is so much as a bullet point by years end.

Even big games like Dead Space seemed to come and go