So... you guys still want sony to buy a big publisher and end up 3rd party like xbox?

So?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh that's over. Now that Satya and The CFO has stepped in. It means Phil's plans have failed. CFO is trying to recoup and balance the books asap.

Satya as a software guy will do what he knows.Sell software.MS brand logo everywhere.

That makes sense and to look for the synergies and fit it more into the overall company rather than it be its own little crusade.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd love to see Sony buying Capcom and FromSoft, and maybe Sega too. Not for me, but Square Enix or if they could Bandai Namco would be a great acquisitions for them.

Even if as did with Bungie, or as will happen with Mojang, Zenimax or Activision Blizzard they continue as full multi.

I think Sony will continue being super successful and will continue dominating even if doesn't acquire any of these, or if acquires any of these, doesn't need to make them exclusive other than the exclusives and marketing deals they already have with them from time to time.

I think it would be important to buy them just to make sure Sony secures their support to PS and PS+, and are safe from being acquired by MS or Nintendo, who could keep them totally or partially away from PS and PS+.

Because other than that, Sony doesn't need to acquire anyone for consoles or PC: they are very dominant in consoles and in PC are growing very fast becoming publisher top 20 last FY and this one growing over 50% YoY. Strategically, it would make more sense for Sony to make relevant acquisitions in mobile gaming to grow there because aren't that strong in that area.

Xbox sucks and it's tanking not because they bougth Zenimax or Activision Blizzard King. So Sony wouldn't tank if they acquire any of these or other big publishers.