Sony confirms Three Seasons currently planned for Concord | Pre Load Available

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If a serious person were to compile a list of the 7 best Hero Shooters ever made, Concord would have to be on that list. It's functional. It's competent. It plays well enough. However...

- It doesn't do anything exciting. You can't describe or show the game to a potential player and get them overly interested.
- If you can't get people interested, then why are you charging $40 dollars for it? F2P produces a "Ah what the hell, I'll give this a shot" effect. The malaise surrounding this game plus the high cost of entry is killer.
- The things it does exceptionally well (graphics, animations, story, lore) are things PvP players don't value. PUBG, Fortnite, Fall Guys, Lethal Company, Valheim etc...multiplayer gamers value concept innovation over spit polish any day of the week.
- The woke stuff does have a degree of merit. I would hypothesize that PvP players are likely more sensative to SJW nonsense in their games than the single player audience. Though I do agree with you that it's certainly overblown on the internet.
- The progression in the game is ABYSMAL. It literally has the worst sense of progression in any multiplayer game I've played since the GAAS era. There's no rank and you're unlocking silly cosmetics.

You could also apply the same logic to the people who enjoy Concord. "If you like the game, ignore the conversation, move on, and let people hypothesis it's shortcomings if that's what they want to do.
To your last part, that's fine but it's the lack of any explanation. The same posters being negative for negatives sake rather than explain why. I've no issue with someone explaining themselves but the rationale is missing or vague nonsense that when pressed for more clarity they go missing.

You are the first person complaining about progression. I'm not complaining, i just wish that was a talking point more so people on the board could flesh it out. To me the 40 bucks cuts out the pay to win aspect. Everyone just needs to get good I suppose. Rules me out so. I hate free to play, again Fall Guys is probably my main Free to Play game and I've played maybe a half hour in the past month. I lost interest in Rocket League when that went free to play. It's a would you rather play a game that will only fuck you for 40 or play a free to play that you could end up being the dev's Moby Dick.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
People where posting 30s max for Rivalry on PS5... are you playing on PC? Because PC players where posting 40s or more... even minutes queues.
Maybe it's a networking issue then? I'm on PS5 and I check rivalry mode often and it almost never works.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Even that's not total BS. The RIVALRY mode does take that long when it works. I've only gotten into 3 matches in that mode and all the other times it kicks me to lobby and unqueues me.

So if that's what they're referring to, they're not wrong.

I tried Rivalry a couple hours ago and had no issues. Its not my favourite mode either…
Its a mode where you have to be above level 5/6 so will have less users before the game is released

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I tried Rivalry a couple hours ago and had no issues. Its not my favourite mode either…
Its a mode where you have to be above level 5/6 so will have less users before the game is released
That sucks. That's my preferred mode. Sounds like it's just a weird glitch then. I'm definitely having a hard time getting into matches there.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Nothing is wrong with the gameplay but nothing is exciting about the gameplay either. There's nothing exciting or interesting about Concord at all. This game wont generate any buzz because Firewalk decided to prioritize the dumbest stuff in a PvP shooter (Graphics, animations, DEI characters, story, lore, full price).

PvP players aren't built like single player gamers. We don't care about any of that stuff.
Concord is very exciting to play and certainly better then that Arc Raiders game you are promoting in your avi. Arc Raiders will be trash and everyone knows it. Those idiot devs pivoting to make the game more like Helldivers 2, they are even copying the $39.95 price point and 3rd person view, the game is no longer a free to play fps. I cant wait for that trash game to bomb. Concord will maintain a higher playerbase then that pos game. It's hilarious you have the audacity to talk crap about Concord when you're a fan of Arc Raiders lol. Your opinion is trash just like that game.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Concord is very exciting to play and certainly better then that Arc Raiders game you are promoting in your avi. Arc Raiders will be trash and everyone knows it. Those idiot devs pivoting to make the game more like Helldivers 2, they are even copying the $39.95 price point and 3rd person view, the game is no longer a free to play fps. I cant wait for that trash game to bomb. Concord will maintain a higher playerbase then that pos game. It's hilarious you have the audacity to talk crap about Concord when you're a fan of Arc Raiders lol. Your opinion is trash just like that game.
People can have different tastes. No problem with someone explaining why they prefer one game over another. No one needs to tear down one game to praise another. If you want to praise a game, it should be strong enough to praise on the back of itself.

Reactions: voke and ethomaz

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
bm.gif

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Its hilarious that if people say ugly characters then the conclusion reached is they want wankable characters. There are 2 obese teletubbies in body armor, a knockoff yellow yondu, a caricature in the form of a schizo gen z alien chick, a granny, a mushroom, a black chick with 2 headlights for a hairstyle.

Who is clamouring to play as a granny in a shooter? Do we have an audience of under represented grannies who play PvP shooters?
Exactly 🤣

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Saying the characters look terrible which apart from a couple of them do isn't saying 'not sexy enough'
Yes I agree, but you didn't behave that way. You are one of the worst offenders on this site for the negative bullshit. The worst is on sabbatical. You stunk up many threads with negativity including the beta thread where you admitted you didnt play it but continued to act the cunt in the thread. Why remain? Your hands are not clean so your comment above carries zero weight in relation to you.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
But that is what Firewalk is doing... being innovative and creative in a place where most Hero Shooters looks and plays similar.
Concord is different from your typical Overwatch.

It rely more in team play and use of than one (to be fair several) character in a match.
Where's the innovation it's a clone of a bunch of other games but worse & a £40 upfront fee 🤣

• haha
Reactions: voke and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Where's the innovation it's a clone of a bunch of other games but worse & a £40 upfront fee 🤣
You opinion could not be far from the truth...
You will hear a lot about how Concord changes the typical Hero Shooter form.

It has officially launched they're just doing that scummy thing where they release it a few days earlier for people who pay about more like what Activision does with cod & Microsoft does with Forza etc
That doesn't matter.
I can't play because I don't buy expensive editions... so the launch is indeed on Aug 23.
Today players are these that brought a $20 expensive edition (I could even bet that proportionally more people buys Deluxe editions on CoD and Forza than Concord).

It is the same to all games.
You listed Forza, CoD, etc... all these games have a surge of players after the launch while the early access was just a minor part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KvallyX

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It has officially launched they're just doing that scummy thing where they release it a few days earlier for people who pay about more like what Activision does with cod & Microsoft does with Forza etc
The game releases on August 23rd, I guess you dunno what the term early access means.

I still don't understand why you stay lurking threads about this game.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Jesus wept see how everyone of these guys jumps on you for criticizing this game 🤣 .. btw the game has launched I don't give a shit if you want to say 'early access' making a game available earlier for a more expensive edition is a scumbag move for every publisher & I'm not going to make an exception for Sony

Reactions: Shmunter
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yes I agree, but you didn't behave that way. You are one of the worst offenders on this site for the negative bullshit. The worst is on sabbatical. You stunk up many threads with negativity including the beta thread where you admitted you didnt play it but continued to act the cunt in the thread. Why remain? Your hands are not clean so your comment above carries zero weight in relation to you.
I think you're 'acting the cunt'

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Jesus wept see how everyone of these guys jumps on you for criticizing this game 🤣 .. btw the game has launched I don't give a shit if you want to say 'early access' making a game available earlier for a more expensive edition is a scumbag move for every publisher & I'm not going to make an exception for Sony

Nobody even is defending the early access. You're so paranoid even your own words frighten you in this thread 🤣.

The game still isn't Launched till Friday that's that!

You aren't criticizing anything in here, just going around looking arguments

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Nobody even is defending the early access. You're so paranoid even your own words frighten you in this thread 🤣.

The game still isn't Launched till Friday that's that!

You aren't criticizing anything in here, just going around looking arguments
If I can buy the game right now & play it in it's entirety then yes it has released

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If I can buy the game right now & play it in it's entirety then yes it has released
The full launch is Friday... That's like Saying everyone should rush out to a theater when a movie open for a Thursday night preview 💀🤣

The friday and weekend following is still when it makes the most money, you know the official release.