Sony confirms Three Seasons currently planned for Concord | Pre Load Available

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nothing is wrong with the gameplay but nothing is exciting about the gameplay either. There's nothing exciting or interesting about Concord at all. This game wont generate any buzz because Firewalk decided to prioritize the dumbest stuff in a PvP shooter (Graphics, animations, DEI characters, story, lore).

PvP players aren't built like single player gamers. We don't care about any of that stuff.
We disagree here... gameplay is basically one of the best created yet.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's not.

Or at least, it's not good enough to appreciably separate itself above the juggernauts in the genre. Overwatch, Valorant, TF2 players aren't looking at Concords gameplay with jealousy in their hearts.
It is better than Overwatch and way better than Valorant... what are you even talking about?
Maybe you will say Destiny gameplay is bad too? Because it is very similar.

• haha

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's not.

Or at least, it's not good enough to appreciably separate itself above the juggernauts in the genre. Overwatch, Valorant, TF2 players aren't looking at Concords gameplay with jealousy in their hearts.
I think Concord as significantly better gameplay with all of the games listed above (bar TF2). But you're right, its not enough to stand among them, but who said it has to?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW coincidence enough after I posted the Steam review were VERY POSITIVE here.
Somebody added a new review.
Now it is only 86% positive.

I wonder who write it from Icon :D

image-2024-08-21-110522890.png

Edit - It is up to 87% again with more positive reviews added.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I think Concord as significantly better gameplay with all of the games listed above (bar TF2). But you're right, its not enough to stand among them, but who said it has to?
Well, people who want to keep their job probably want it to. I'd be sweating if I was working at Firewalk right now. This game might kill the studio.

I guess if you polled 10,000 hero shooter fans about the gameplay, Concord isn't separating itself from the genre greats. Obviously a number of people will prefer this or that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder if Sony removed the Beta reviews on PSN it should be very one sided positive like it is been on Steam.

:unsure:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nothing is wrong with the gameplay but nothing is exciting about the gameplay either. There's nothing exciting or interesting about Concord at all. This game wont generate any buzz because Firewalk decided to prioritize the dumbest stuff in a PvP shooter (Graphics, animations, DEI characters, story, lore).

PvP players aren't built like single player gamers. We don't care about any of that stuff.
So it's bland to you based on your experience playing it. It's refreshing to hear some form of complaint backed up here.

Is it bland enough to waste time on wanting a game killed off? I doubt it. Do they look at every game that's bland released this week and spend ages complaining on the thread as to why it's made. No. You don't like it so move on and let those who play it enjoy it or if it dies it dies. There are plenty of games available.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I went to check the interest for this game on Steam.
Concord's Steam Hub page has less than 5000 subscribers, 2 days before release.

You know what other game's Hub page had less than 5000 subscribers, a couple days before releasing?

https://steamdb.info/app/721180/charts/
Captura de ecrã 2024-08-21 152437.png

Captura de ecrã 2024-08-21 152508.png

Seeing too many people say they cant find matches and reviewers cant find matches… Bs.

Yesterday and today… less then 45seconds no cross play, havent come across the same player twice yet. Playstation has sold at least

Isn't 45 seconds a lot?

• haha

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
So it's bland to you based on your experience playing it. It's refreshing to hear some form of complaint backed up here.

Is it bland enough to waste time on wanting a game killed off? I doubt it. Do they look at every game that's bland released this week and spend ages complaining on the thread as to why it's made. No. You don't like it so move on and let those who play it enjoy it or if it dies it dies. There are plenty of games available.
I find critical analysis of a project of this scale to be entertaining. Do you really want an echo chamber of cheerleaders for a game? How is that fun?

One of the great facts about multiplayer is how it really incentivizes innovation and creativity. Firewalk ignored that fact and it looks like they're getting burned.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I find critical analysis of a project of this scale to be entertaining. Do you really want an echo chamber of cheerleaders for a game? How is that fun?

One of the great facts about multiplayer is how it really incentivizes innovation and creativity. Firewalk ignored that fact and it looks like they're getting burned.
But that is what Firewalk is doing... being innovative and creative in a place where most Hero Shooters looks and plays similar.
Concord is different from your typical Overwatch.

It rely more in team play and use of than one (to be fair several) character in a match.

• haha

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
But that is what Firewalk is doing... being innovative and creative in a place where most Hero Shooters looks and plays similar.
Concord is different from your typical Overwatch.
I would say that's a crazy assessment. This slots in perfectly with all the other 5v5 hero shooters. It just doesn't stand out and they're charging 40 dollars for it for some reason.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I would say that's a crazy assessment. This slots in perfectly with all the other 5v5 hero shooters. It just doesn't stand out and they're charging 40 dollars for it for some reason.
Sorry but what other 5v5 hero shooter focus and reward you in team play instead solo play?
What others 5v5 hero shooter reward you to using others characters than your favorite?

I wonder if you understood how to play Concord at all.
The game mechanics are different from your typical Hero Shooter.

It is painful to see you guys talking about Hero Shooter fatigue and at the same time ignore when a Hero Shooter tries to be creative and change things.
You guys basically don't give chance to innovation lol

• haha

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Sorry but what other 5v5 hero shooter focus and reward you in team play instead solo play?
Overwatch and Valorant for sure.
What others 5v5 hero shooter reward you to using others characters than your favorite?
This isn't a big enough wrinkle to move the needle. Each game in the genre has little wrinkles like this. Its not enough to stand out.
The game mechanics are different from your typical Hero Shooter.
All games mechanics are different from all other games. The question is whether you can stand apart and excite the larger audience. Concord can't.