ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Overwatch and Valorant for sure.

This isn't a big enough wrinkle to move the needle. Each game in the genre has little wrinkles like this. Its not enough to stand out.

All games mechanics are different from all other games. The question is whether you can stand apart and excite the larger audience. Concord can't.
😂 😂 😂

Nope... did you really play Overwatch and Valorant at all?
If you want a honest opinion Concord is more like an Arena Shooter (Arena Hero Shooter?) than Overwatch / Valorant typical gameplay.

If you can't even understand that I have no ideia how to explain in a easy way the differences.

And yes Concord stand out against it peers even if it fails to enter in the market.
It ties to do flash things in the market.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
😂 😂 😂

Nope... did you really play Overwatch and Valorant at all?
If you want a honest opinion Concord is more like an Arena Shooter (Arena Hero Shooter?) than Overwatch / Valorant typical gameplay.

If you can't even understand that I have no ideia how to explain in a easy way the differences.
We shall agree to disagree.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I find critical analysis of a project of this scale to be entertaining. Do you really want an echo chamber of cheerleaders for a game? How is that fun?

One of the great facts about multiplayer is how it really incentivizes innovation and creativity. Firewalk ignored that fact and it looks like they're getting burned.
No, I've no issue with complaints/praise of a game if it's backed up. Irrational blindness is fucking nuts. I've said that I enjoyed the beta but PvP isn't my thing. The complaints about the game from this board is floaty jumps (three/four posts) and now bland (one post). When I've asked for opinions on gameplay from those who complained about the game, I usually tend to get nothing back, the characters are too ugly for me (they are aliens), I didnt play the beta or a generic response that explains nothing.

When I've asked for a breakdown of what's wrong with the game I get idiotic posts like "woke bs" which means fuck all in a game with aliens. You can accept aliens but not a fat human looking character? "Woke BS" isn't even expanded on, it's an empty buzzword.

Is the art style my thing? Not really. It's fine but I wouldn't understand why someone who would care that much to want a game obliterated based on it's art style when so many games have the same look and there isn't the hatred. I like Fall Guys which has the excessive bright colours but the gameplay is enjoyable to me as a fan of Takeshi's Castle. It's dumb fun.

If someone wants to buy a game you dont like, let them and move on. Although I love Bloodborne, a similar type of game in Wukong isn't grabbing me at the moment to want to buy it. Should that mean I want the game killed off? Absolutely not, I may want to play it in the future.

Reactions: voke

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Fine... just call me back when Overwatch 2 add half of depth in gameplay that Concord has right now.
I will play it again.
You're in the honeymoon period with Concord. Talking about it's depth when it hasn't even been live for more than 10 days is kinda funny.

Let's revisit in 1 year and see where you stand.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If someone wants to buy a game you dont like, let them and move on. Although I love Bloodborne, a similar type of game in Wukong isn't grabbing me at the moment to want to buy it. Should that mean I want the game killed off? Absolutely not, I may want to play it in the future.
Just a hint here and not talking about which is better of not.

But Wukong has nothing similar to Bloodborne.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Just a hint here and not talking about which is better of not.

But Wukong has nothing similar to Bloodborne.
Looking at it it does have a Soulsborne flavour to it. I'm on about how it looks to me, I haven’t played it. I'm not on about art style. A game can play similar with different art styles. It's just hasn't grabbed me. It's weird as I would have thought I'd love a more Boss Rush focused game.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I went to check the interest for this game on Steam.
Concord's Steam Hub page has less than 5000 subscribers, 2 days before release.

You know what other game's Hub page had less than 5000 subscribers, a couple days before releasing?

https://steamdb.info/app/721180/charts/
View attachment 5466

View attachment 5467

Isn't 45 seconds a lot?

I dont play on Steam, so this means nothing to me.
Thought the numbers were basically zero for the Beta. Match making was fine then and is fine now.

This game is likely to be a PS centric title as Steam players have there preferred Hero Shooter. I couldnt care less if they like it or not, they dont dictate Playstation

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Looking at it it does have a Soulsborne flavour to it. I'm on about how it looks to me, I haven’t played it. I'm not on about art style. A game can play similar with different art styles. It's just hasn't grabbed me. It's weird as I would have thought I'd love a more Boss Rush focused game.
Let's say gameplay is unique and not similar to Soulsborne or GoW games.
There is a demo in PC you should try it to see if it is your liking.

I appreciate the team didn't try to copy others and did they own thing.

Reactions: Dick Jones

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I played the beta on both occasions. Gameplay was fine as it is with every other shooter, nothing over and above the basic expectations from something like this. The price tag in a field of countless free options, the aesthetic, the woke bs, the genre itself from a Sony studio all add up to a supremely unappealing product.

Sony not realising it and backing this catastrophe is the biggest disappointment.

If thats your opinion but I feel he gunplay is better than most Ive played. Im a PVP newb so it works for me. Compared to Volarant, its much smoother and not as fast as something like COD.

Im not into F2P so this suits me fine.
My only issues are some of the character designs and having no campaign. This would of fit a TimeSplitters 2/ No1 lives forever style level designs for a campaign.

Reactions: Shmunter

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
No, I've no issue with complaints/praise of a game if it's backed up. Irrational blindness is fucking nuts. I've said that I enjoyed the beta but PvP isn't my thing. The complaints about the game from this board is floaty jumps (three/four posts) and now bland (one post). When I've asked for opinions on gameplay from those who complained about the game, I usually tend to get nothing back, the characters are too ugly for me (they are aliens), I didnt play the beta or a generic response that explains nothing.

When I've asked for a breakdown of what's wrong with the game I get idiotic posts like "woke bs" which means fuck all in a game with aliens. You can accept aliens but not a fat human looking character? "Woke BS" isn't even expanded on, it's an empty buzzword.

Is the art style my thing? Not really. It's fine but I wouldn't understand why someone who would care that much to want a game obliterated based on it's art style when so many games have the same look and there isn't the hatred. I like Fall Guys which has the excessive bright colours but the gameplay is enjoyable to me as a fan of Takeshi's Castle. It's dumb fun.
If a serious person were to compile a list of the 7 best Hero Shooters ever made, Concord would have to be on that list. It's functional. It's competent. It plays well enough. However...

- It doesn't do anything exciting. You can't describe or show the game to a potential player and get them overly interested.
- If you can't get people interested, then why are you charging $40 dollars for it? F2P produces a "Ah what the hell, I'll give this a shot" effect. The malaise surrounding this game plus the high cost of entry is killer.
- The things it does exceptionally well (graphics, animations, story, lore) are things PvP players don't value. PUBG, Fortnite, Fall Guys, Lethal Company, Valheim etc...multiplayer gamers value concept innovation over spit polish any day of the week.
- The woke stuff does have a degree of merit. I would hypothesize that PvP players are likely more sensative to SJW nonsense in their games than the single player audience. Though I do agree with you that it's certainly overblown on the internet.
- The progression in the game is ABYSMAL. It literally has the worst sense of progression in any multiplayer game I've played since the GAAS era. There's no rank and you're unlocking silly cosmetics.
You could also apply the same logic to the people who enjoy Concord. "If you like the game, ignore the conversation, move on, and let people hypothesis it's shortcomings if that's what they want to do.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You could also apply the same logic to the people who enjoy Concord. "If you like the game, ignore the conversation, move on, and let people hypothesis it's shortcomings if that's what they want to do.

I do think about that, but then I think, Ill play and between matches why let haters spread bs like it takes 5 minutes for a match.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I do think about that, but then I think, Ill play and between matches why let haters spread bs like it takes 5 minutes for a match.
Even that's not total BS. The RIVALRY mode does take that long when it works. I've only gotten into 3 matches in that mode and all the other times it kicks me to lobby and unqueues me.

So if that's what they're referring to, they're not wrong.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
ou could also apply the same logic to the people who enjoy Concord. "If you like the game, ignore the conversation, move on, and let people hypothesis it's shortcomings if that's what they want to do.
That doesn't even makes sense lol

You love Concord = You can't talk about it.
You hate Concord = You should talk about it.

Is it not the opposite? These that loves it continue talking about it and these that hate it move on to what they love?
Are you saying you prefer to talk about the girl you hate instead the one you love? :unsure:

It is very weird... seems like obsession from what you hate to the point to be bigger than what you love...

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
That doesn't even makes sense lol

You love Concord = You can't talk about it.
You hate Concord = You should talk about it.

Is it not the opposite? These that loves it continue talking about it and these that hate it move on to what they love?

No. We actually agree.

I don't think people should not talk about a game if they dislike it.
I don't think people should not talk about a game if they do like it.

I think everyone interested in a game (good or bad) should be able to talk about it.

I just phrased it differently to prove a point.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Even that's not total BS. The RIVALRY mode does take that long when it works. I've only gotten into 3 matches in that mode and all the other times it kicks me to lobby and unqueues me.

So if that's what they're referring to, they're not wrong.
People where posting 30s max for Rivalry on PS5... are you playing on PC? Because PC players where posting 40s or more... even minutes queues.