Sony FY2023 Earnings Announcement: 4.5M PS5 sold in Q4 (20.8M in FY2023, 59.2M LTD). Allocating 11.5 billion in future acquisitions.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BRFKulL.jpeg

QN5JRnv.jpeg
There's a seperate thread on this.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony says they will invest the most into the Music segment, followed by PlayStation

if they invest half of this money on PlayStation that would already be enough to get Arrowhead, Ballistic Moon, Shift Up and a medium size publisher like Kadowaka or Square Enix

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Square Enix is at their lowest, god, Sony is so dumb, they'll let SE go now that they'll focus 100% on AAAs

Reactions: Dabaus

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I'm personally glad the gold rush of acquisitions is over

Sony would be smarter building up a war chest if it happens again

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sony says they will invest the most into the Music segment, followed by PlayStation

if they invest half of this money on PlayStation that would already be enough to get Arrowhead, Ballistic Moon, Shift Up and a medium size publisher like Kadowaka or Square Enix

Sony music will get the first dibs on that, PS will get about 4-5 billion max, maybe they can pull off kadokawa + smaller studios. Square and Shift Up will be a pipe dream but if I were a betting man I would pick up Shift up as they are poised to release their own genshin type AAA game for consoles for p5 and ps 6 cross gen and looking at nikke- the game will be a smash hit

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I'm personally glad the gold rush of acquisitions is over

Sony would be smarter building up a war chest if it happens again
one thing is certain, they need Arrowhead, they can't let this studio remain independent after 12M copies sold of Helldivers 2, specially with a dirty company like MS around

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
one thing is certain, they need Arrowhead, they can't let this studio remain independent after 12M copies sold of Helldivers 2, specially with a dirty company like MS around

It all depends how their relationship is...

If it's bad, there may be no point. If it's good, they need to make sure everyone will stick around after the payday.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony music will get the first dibs on that, PS will get about 4-5 billion max, maybe they can pull off kadokawa + smaller studios. Square and Shift Up will be a pipe dream but if I were a betting man I would pick up Shift up as they are poised to release their own genshin type AAA game for consoles for p5 and ps 6 cross gen and looking at nikke- the game will be a smash hit
5 billion dollars is enough for Kadokawa, Arrowhead and Ballistic Moon very easily, tho i would prefer SE, specially now that they're focusing 100% on AAAs, i feel like they're going to be a lot more valuable in the future, like Capcom after 2017, the time to buy is RIGHT NOW

Reactions: Muddasar and Dabaus

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It all depends how their relationship is...

If it's bad, there may be no point. If it's good, they need to make sure everyone will stick around after the payday.
the relationship is good, Sony is the reason Arrowhead is still around, they've been funding this studio for almost a decade at this point

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75