Sony have dodged a bullet

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
After that piss poor showing from Sony there was a worry that Microsoft would shift the tides with their showing.

Fortunately for Sony it wasn’t any better. In fact I would say worse simply because Microsoft have shown their cards and they were average.

Fable, Avowed and Hellblade 2 are no match for Sony First Party.

Sony on the other hand have not shown their cards so who knows what ND, SMS and SP have to offer.

Even so, a lineup of FF16, Spiderman, Wolverine, FF7R2 and Silent Hill trump Starfield, Fable, Hellblade and Avowed.

Microsoft have no chance to change things this generation. It’s Over.

OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They dodged it and we caught it.

Sony needs some real competition after that horrible showcase. Some people here hate xbox and they want it to dissapear. As consumers we actually need them to do good.

Nobody hates Xbox.

Nobody slates the OG Xbox or 360.

Theres a reason Xbox is third place and the least favourite platform.

This showing hasn’t shifted anything.

Reactions: Kudun khanor

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Sony needs some real competition after that horrible showcase. Some people here hate xbox and they want it to dissapear. As consumers we actually need them to do good.

After they saw the reaction to the last showcase, they may start to get the message. It's just that there is so little interaction with the fanbase from PS staff.... so they don't get much feedback and when they do, it's usually late and takes time to course correct imo.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022

i don't hate Xbox at all.

I was hoping MS was gonna bring the heat to Sony and force them to show their cards. Too bad MS doesn't have anything that can compete even with Sony's poor showing.

We're just gonna have to accept that Sony has the best devs in the world on their side and MS is always gonna be playing catchup at this point. MS' decision to try and buy Activision makes a lot of sense now after seeing their lineup of games.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
After they saw the reaction to the last showcase, they may start to get the message. It's just that there is so little interaction with the fanbase from PS staff.... so they don't get much feedback and when they do, it's usually late and takes time to course correct imo.
Sony's current marketing will hurt them on the long run.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PlayStation is in an extremely strong position.

Starfield is a harder hitter than spider-man but Sony has already successfully debuted many of its strongest IPs and coming into the holiday with both FF16 and Spider-man.

The online games shown at Sony’s show are doubtfully even 2024 games outside of maybe Marathon. So next year is still mostly up in the air and what to expect is based on assumptions. Need something real and that won’t happen for a quite awhile and if we’re lucky maybe see something in august from any game dev.

Do we believe Xbox showed their 2024 slate today? Do we believe Fable will make it? Eh.

I think Starfield is all they got for the long while tbh. Can’t hate… Todd Howard is carrying that entire games division.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PlayStation is in an extremely strong position.

Starfield is a harder hitter than spider-man but Sony has already successfully debuted many of its strongest IPs and coming into the holiday with both FF16 and Spider-man.

The online games shown at Sony’s show are doubtfully even 2024 games outside of maybe Marathon. So next year is still mostly up in the air and what to expect is based on assumptions. Need something real and that won’t happen for a quite awhile and if we’re lucky maybe see something in august from any game dev.

Do we believe Xbox showed their 2024 slate today? Do we believe Fable will make it?

I really don't see Starfield being a bigger hitter than Spider-man.

Especially without the PS console base supporting it with sales.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Hellblade will look pretty but it's going to be another seven hour walking simulator like the first one was.

It's pretty clear Fable (plus Everwild, Perfect Dark and Indiana Jones) are miles off.

Avowed looked like a huge disappointment. Xbox owners will play it due to GamePass, but it didn't look nearly as epic as I was expecting.

Basically Xbox is banking on Starfield, and Forza (yet again). Starfield looked better this time round, but at times it's 25fps.

Plus obviously Xbox doesn't have Diablo 4 on GamePass.

Overall an average showcase from Xbox. I would probably give it 6/10. So much in-engine crap shown aswell.

Considering Sony put out a 5/10 showcase I think they can be pretty happy. As you say Xbox cannot match Sony's first-party, outside of maybe Bethesda. And either side of Starfield Sony has two huge juggernauts to take the focus onto themselves. Early 2024 we have FFVII Part Two aswell.

Make no mistake though early year next I do want updates on Silent Hill, Death Stranding, and Stellar Blade.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony can't do a game like Awowed or Fable even if their life depended on it. They better stick to cover shooters with nice cutscenes or Ubisoftian stuff.

Naughty dog should have developed a Witcher 3 killer after TLOU2 but they clearly don't have what it takes to develop an AAA RPG.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony can't do a game like Awowed or Fable even if their life depended on it. They better stick to cover shooters with nice cutscenes or Ubisoftian stuff.

Naughty dog should have developed a Witcher 3 killer after TLOU2 but they clearly don't have what it takes to develop an AAA RPG.
I'm glad sony can't do a game like avowed, it looks mediocre as fuck lmao. Fable, no one even knows how that game looks or plays lmao they only showed CGI trailers

24 Jun 2022
I probably thought the Xbox showcase was a bit better than some of y'all might've thought. I overall thought it was an 8/10. I said that MS needed some substantive updates on most of their games and they (mostly) delivered. Fable looks great. Compulsion's game looks like it could be quite interesting. inXile's game looks good. Sadly Avowed doesn't have the aesthetic I was hoping it'd of had, and Hellblade II literally told us NOTHING new about that game, no new gameplay either.

However some of the 3P games were great, like Metaphor, Capcom's game and Dontnod's game. Also the 1P MS showed off had a much better balance of 'traditional' and live-service games (as well as AAA and AA style games) than Sony's last showcase. However, I DO think Sony could outdo this showcase without too much effort. A reveal of SSM's new IP alone and some 3P AAA exclusive like FF IX or X Remake and that would give them a strong showcase alongside the usual 3P premiers and such.

That said, I can only talk about what has actually been shown in terms of respective recent showcases, that's why I'd give this one an 8/10 and the last PS Showcase a 6.5/10.

TF? Horizon: Call of the Mountain is basically Avowed with a better aesthetic and visuals, first-person, AND has full-on VR support to boot. And that's a side game in the Horizon universe.

How would you know that when they haven't even revealed their next game? Such a dumb comment.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

post reaction s GIF