Sony have dodged a bullet

OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
These games are huge. Starfield will eclipse all prior no doubt.

No it won’t.

No Playstation version.

Exclusive to Xbox on console with Gamepass.

It will only sell copies on PC.

No way is it selling more than 10 million.

D

Deleted member 417

It will only sell copies on PC.
*Steam.

It will only sell copies on steam because Gamepass on PC. It won't reach 2 million, because why buy it when it's free on the only platforms it is launching for?

I still believe Starfield will be timed exclusive. That's not cope, i'll be playing it on PC, but Microsoft didn't get rich by giving shit away for free.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nobody hates Xbox.

Nobody slates the OG Xbox or 360.

Theres a reason Xbox is third place and the least favourite platform.

This showing hasn’t shifted anything.

I hate Xbox lol. Well its more I hate MS.
Ive love Sega, Nintendo and PS. Was a hardcore Sega fan too. Loved the OG Xbox too.

But during the 360 Era I started discovery how MS was pure… nasty. History and seeing what they were trying to pull off. And I literally cant wait for them to leave this industry.

I couldn’t care about console wars, like I said I loved Sega, Nintendo, Playstation etc.
Id welcome Apple, Steam, Samsung, Google, Amazon into the competition. But just fuck MS off. The last few years really showed how they try and dictate the industry via shills and try and buy Ips they had nothign to do with creating

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Fable was the only MS reveal that surprised me in a good way. Avowed moved down. Starfield stayed the same. Clockwork Revolution is 100% my kind of game, but might be TOO derivative of Bioshock and not have its own creative spark. A lot of the showcase looked more Series S than Series X to me. Probably Hellblade is the only thing that really looks next-gen.

Playstation has nothing to worry about.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I take bigger issue with PlayStation staking the rest of its 2023 on Spider-Man, a franchise I personally haven’t been interested in since grade school. It’s a sequel, at that. I’m more interested in games that push the needle in some form and since web-slinging has been iterated on in past Spidey games, as well as the combat lifted directly from Arkham series, I’m not looking forward to it as a game changer.

I don’t know if Microsoft ever gains back it’s goodwill but Starfield is at least a game I want to play.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I take bigger issue with PlayStation staking the rest of its 2023 on Spider-Man, a franchise I personally haven’t been interested in since grade school. It’s a sequel, at that. I’m more interested in games that push the needle in some form and since web-slinging has been iterated on in past Spidey games, as well as the combat lifted directly from Arkham series, I’m not looking forward to it as a game changer.

I don’t know if Microsoft ever gains back it’s goodwill but Starfield is at least a game I want to play.
OMG! How DARE they release a high-profile title you don't personally approve of!

Get over yourself, you are acting like a clown.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I mean I could give a shit about spider-man either but the population that does care is huge.

Sony and Spider-Man has been a recipe for juggernaut media success many times over since Tobey Maguire.

It just keeps getting bigger and I think spider-man 2 post Spider-verse movie is going to set even greater heights considering ps5’s rocketing momentum. It’s just what it is.

Spider-man and Final Fantasy may not be the answer for many but it’s nothing to disregard. Especially considering the historical importance of final fantasy and Sony having struck a deal that gives those fans two major blockbuster releases for the series; something that happens once every 5 years just a few months apart.

They’re not really pulling punches. While rpg fans of western type are not served well the jrpg fan is.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
OMG! How DARE they release a high-profile title you don't personally approve of!

Get over yourself, you are acting like a clown.
How is he "acting like a clown"? I feel like he just made a reasoned statement, and it's one that I agree with. I don't think having only Spider-Man for the fall is a good anchor for the end of 2023. Yeah, it will be popular but it doesn't seem like quite the heavy hitter they should have at this point in the console cycle.

I agree with you entirely on this. I mean, I'm not sure I want to play Starfield, and MS had nothing to do with making it and basically stole it, but in general I agree with what you're saying here.

Reactions: anonpuffs

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Let's just say this is the first time in decades where every first party game shown by Xbox was something I'm interested in and looking forward to, while Sony's GaaS fest left me actively turned off. Thank god for xcloud so I don't have to invest in a PC or Series X

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
How is he "acting like a clown"? I feel like he just made a reasoned statement, and it's one that I agree with. I don't think having only Spider-Man for the fall is a good anchor for the end of 2023. Yeah, it will be popular but it doesn't seem like quite the heavy hitter they should have at this point in the console cycle.

I agree with you entirely on this. I mean, I'm not sure I want to play Starfield, and MS had nothing to do with making it and basically stole it, but in general I agree with what you're saying here.
Blowing up over Sony "staking their whole year on Spider-Man 2" as if 1. That is all that is coming to PS5, and 2. the first and Miles Morales weren't massive hits.

That is clown talk.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean I could give a shit about spider-man either but the population that does care is huge.

Sony and Spider-Man has been a recipe for juggernaut media success many times over since Tobey Maguire.

It just keeps getting bigger and I think spider-man 2 post Spider-verse movie is going to set even greater heights considering ps5’s rocketing momentum. It’s just what it is.

Spider-man and Final Fantasy may not be the answer for many but it’s nothing to disregard. Especially considering the historical importance of final fantasy and Sony having struck a deal that gives those fans two major blockbuster releases for the series; something that happens once every 5 years just a few months apart.

They’re not really pulling punches. While rpg fans of western type are not served well the jrpg fan is

While there is nothing wrong with a summer release for FF16, it's interesting how the perception of "big games in the fall" still exists. I mean I have it too, I just posted about it above.

But I do kinda feel like if FF16 were launching in Sep or Nov (leaving Oct for Spider-Man 2), it would be seen differently. It would be Sony's big holiday release, and no one would have a problem with that.

Blowing up over Sony "staking their whole year on Spider-Man 2" as if 1. That is all that is coming to PS5, and 2. the first and Miles Morales weren't massive hits.

That is clown talk.

Where did he "blow up"? He just stated his opinion man. I saw zero emotion in it.

But honestly, what else does Sony have? Yeah it will be a hit, and there are plenty of people who like Spider-Man obviously. But I am hoping they have something else too. After FF16, my Sony wishlist is looking empty for the rest of the year. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
While there is nothing wrong with a summer release for FF16, it's interesting how the perception of "big games in the fall" still exists. I mean I have it too, I just posted about it above.

But I do kinda feel like if FF16 were launching in Sep or Nov (leaving Oct for Spider-Man 2), it would be seen differently. It would be Sony's big holiday release, and no one would have a problem with that.
You know that there would be tons of bitching about it, both from the crowd screeching How could Sony make a third-party game their big holiday release?" and the "Japanese games aren't a big deal!" crowd.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Holiday season window is overrated. It’s for hardware and hardware doesn’t need much help anymore. PS5 will not stop.

We’ve seen the shift with the biggest releases like Elden Ring and Hogwarts being late winter juggernauts.

Spider-man is positioned better than Ragnarok as their tentpole holiday release especially with the FF16 lead in and the success of the platform since then.

It’s the doomers that will be eating crow. Not a doubt about it.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Let's just say this is the first time in decades where every first party game shown by Xbox was something I'm interested in and looking forward to, while Sony's GaaS fest left me actively turned off. Thank god for xcloud so I don't have to invest in a PC or Series X
I see you are yet to learn your lesson when it comes to Xbox.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko