Sony have dodged a bullet

Ass of Can Whooping

9 Jul 2022
Horizon is an RPG? Remember that bars filling up and XP numbers increasing do not make an RPG these days. Every single AAA game has that.

Sony big AAA releases are Ubisoftian action adventure with some extra polish. That star wars outlaws game might as well be a Sony first party release.

Thats Sony's first party weakness. ND for all the great characters they create and great cutscenes they have, have not followed their next obvious step which was releasing a big RPG. Instead they went with a GAAS. What are they going to offer next? A sad dad cover shooter? That stuff is getting long in the tooth.

And I'd say it for MS as well. I don't want a 6th gears game. Put that franchise to sleep.

If you think Fable constitutes as an RPG then yeah so does Horizon. That's why i'm asking you

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sony can't do a game like Awowed or Fable even if their life depended on it. They better stick to cover shooters with nice cutscenes or Ubisoftian stuff.

Naughty dog should have developed a Witcher 3 killer after TLOU2 but they clearly don't have what it takes to develop an AAA RPG.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Unit sales won’t be a valid metric for Starfield. Neither will revenue since it’ll hemorrhage most of its budget because gamespass sells it for a rental fee. That’s a Ms problem.

10s of millions will play this game. No doubt. I see it surpassing Skyrim. Starfield isn’t going anywhere for a long long time.
Again, how is it going to surpass Skyrim? I bought Skyrim like 3 or 4 times. I'm not sure I'll even seriously play this game (I might load it on XCloud to check it out).

You are going from having a game like Skyrim on every system and platform under the sun to Starfield being on PC and the smallest console base on the planet. And you think it's going to be bigger than Skyrim which made its way ALL the way to Switch?

How is that going to happen?

16 Feb 2023
I didn't see any new GaaS announcements from Xbox today.
Sea of Thieves, Fallout 76, Elderscrolls online and arguably Forza motorsport, Flight sim & Overwatch 2 were all live service games which had updates announced. So while they weren't new there is still plenty of live service, which for some reason is a dirty word for forumites but is in reality incredibly popular.

Reactions: Vertigo

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Cyberpunk did like 20 million. Starfield is a significantly bigger and more important release than cyberpunk. .

Don’t kid yourselves. Game is gonna be huge and hang around for years.

You’re fooled by the marketing presentation. Even that still had the usual Bethesda jank gameplay and boring characters, dialogue, and story. Wait until in releases to really see all the flaws.

You’re crazy if you believe Starfield will be bigger than Spider-Man 2.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sea of Thieves, Fallout 76, Elderscrolls online and arguably Forza motorsport, Flight sim & Overwatch 2 were all live service games which had updates announced. So while they weren't new there is still plenty of live service, which for some reason is a dirty word for forumites but is in reality incredibly popular.

They had a shit ton of live service. Starfield pricing also included the first of 200 expansions.

All that shit is semantics. It’s alll there in everything.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You’re fooled by the marketing presentation. Even that still had the usual Bethesda jank gameplay and boring characters, dialogue, and story. Wait until in releases to really see all the flaws.

You’re crazy if you believe Starfield will be bigger than Spider-Man 2.
It sure as hell won't be in terms of sale if Gamepass can help it.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Sony can't do a game like Awowed or Fable even if their life depended on it. They better stick to cover shooters with nice cutscenes or Ubisoftian stuff.
Not sure if this is a joke...

Avowed I was expecting to be an epic, medieval, Skyrim-like RPG. Instead it looks like a colourful, low-budget effort.

What are you basing your analysis of Fable on? We don't even know how it plays ffs lol.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not sure if this is a joke...

Avowed I was expecting to be an epic, medieval, Skyrim-like RPG. Instead it looks like a colourful, low-budget effort.

What are you basing your analysis of Fable on? We don't even know how it plays ffs lol.

Seriously.

That fable trailer was anything but interesting. Cringeworthy every second? Yes. Showed nothing of even gameplay concept? Correct. Bullshit trailer? 100% 2024? Plus two years.

Avowed? Huge disappointment. Change in art direction doesn’t look great at all. And if comes off as discount Skyrim. When you own Bethesda proper it’s easy to not give a shit. Feel similar about that in-exile bioshock clone.

Outside of Starfield the show doesn’t do post Starfield Xbox any favors.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They dodged it and we caught it.

Sony needs some real competition after that horrible showcase. Some people here hate xbox and they want it to dissapear. As consumers we actually need them to do good.
If you count on Xbox to be PlayStation's competition this is what you get. Maybe if Xbox disappeared a real competitor would show up.

I made the mistake of hoping MS would have a great show to teach Sony a lesson but even in this moment of complete despair for Xbox this is the best they could come up with.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
After that piss poor showing from Sony there was a worry that Microsoft would shift the tides with their showing.

Fortunately for Sony it wasn’t any better. In fact I would say worse simply because Microsoft have shown their cards and they were average.

Fable, Avowed and Hellblade 2 are no match for Sony First Party.

Sony on the other hand have not shown their cards so who knows what ND, SMS and SP have to offer.

Even so, a lineup of FF16, Spiderman, Wolverine, FF7R2 and Silent Hill trump Starfield, Fable, Hellblade and Avowed.

Microsoft have no chance to change things this generation. It’s Over.
Lol.
Look around. Forums, Twitter, etc.
People really liked the Xbox showcase.

Geoff's Summer Game Fest showcase was good. The Xbox showcase was really good.
The PlayStation showcase was terrible.

• haha
Reactions: ghostz and Hezekiah