Sony have no marketing organisation and it's hurting them

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony marketing team sucks, arrogant Sony theory hit again, unless they are pressed against the wall they just coast and do the bare minimum. Right now they only have eyes for PC/GaaS/Movies/Series and soon mobile while they take PS players for granted.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony marketing team sucks, arrogant Sony theory hit again, unless they are pressed against the wall they just coast and do the bare minimum. Right now they only have eyes for PC/GaaS and soon mobile while they take PS players for granted.
I don't think it's arrogant sony. I think it's greedy Sony. Thank God they didn't buy into the NFT trash because imo Jim Ryan would have been on stage today peddling individualized jpg DLCs

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Yobo

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Pre production taking years has to be the biggest joke of development

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Excuses, excuses!

If games take years to produce than announce them, let people have an idea of what is coming.

I'm getting the impression that there is a lot less on the way than people expect as far as big releases.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
The whole secrecy thing is stupid, show us that you get interesting stuff in the pipeline or gtfo.

Sony has had terrible communication for a many years now and now it also seems they are out of touch and not valuing what they have. The chase for GaaS at the cost of quality single player output is going to destroy them.

PS5 is just a branded PC with less optimization issues and where you get to play some very few select games in advance.
This is why I love Nintendo and how they announce games they show it once like Metro Prime and boom 3 years of nothing, Xbox did it which is fine sure whatever but Sony has not said anything other than Spider-Man 2. Like where are the games from the other studios, I mean it's not going to hurt them to show some CGI trailer since it's bad enough they did it with this presentation and show a damn logo like Nintendo did with Metro Prime and boom people are somewhat satisfied.

• haha
Reactions: ChorizoPicozo

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is why I love Nintendo and how they announce games they show it once like Metro Prime and boom 3 years of nothing, Xbox did it which is fine sure whatever but Sony has not said anything other than Spider-Man 2. Like where are the games from the other studios, I mean it's not going to hurt them to show some CGI trailer since it's bad enough they did it with this presentation and show a damn logo like Nintendo did with Metro Prime and boom people are somewhat satisfied.
A logo or a teaser is better than nothing. At least Metroid fans know that Metroid 4 is coming, that is something. An Uncharter or Bloodborne fan are just kept in the dark with no idea if something is even being made.

• haha
Reactions: ChorizoPicozo

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Are some of you new? All this isn't news about Sony, some of us have bee saying it and eating warnings/bans for years, when not been drowned out for years as "bu bu bu, PS4/PS5 sales" or "GamePass greatest deal in gaming".

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
A logo or a teaser is better than nothing. At least Metroid fans know that Metroid 4 is coming, that is something. An Uncharter or Bloodborne fan are just kept in the dark with no idea if something is even being made.
That's what I mean, Sony should have done that or at least did what Xbox did and do a presentation that is solely coming out throughout the remainder of 12 months of release. See that was a good idea and we know what is suspected to come out for Xbox. It's very odd that Sony didn't do that and they showed games that were even slated for 2024 that were indie but not Sony's studio. Seems like something is going on and Sony does not want to admit it.

OP
OP
Yobo

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Remember that Uncharted teaser earlier in the year. Wtf was that then?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Are some of you new? All this isn't news about Sony, some of us have bee saying it and eating warnings/bans for years, when not been drowned out for years as "bu bu bu, PS4/PS5 sales" or "GamePass greatest deal in gaming".
Saying what? I sure as hell didn't see this coming as even during the PS3 Sony was still releasing plenty of exciting AAA games and new IPs in particular.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They break sales record numbers with their console, games and subscription. And achieve record numbers of awards, demand, and engagement on their console and in social media.

Sure, Sony is super doomed. They will quit gaming tomorrow. C'mon guys, all this drama queen stuff you are doing recently with these crazy hyperboles it's getting ridiculous.

Remember that Uncharted teaser earlier in the year. Wtf was that then?
Maybe a teaser of an upcoming Uncharted game with the daughter as playable/main character (I'd bet on this, but not sure who has been free to work on it in recent years). Or maybe just an 'inclusive' easter egg for Uncharted fans who would get it.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They break sales record numbers with their console, games and subscription. And achieve record numbers of awards, demand, and engagement on their console and in social media.

Sure, Sony is super doomed. They will quit gaming tomorrow. C'mon guys, all this drama queen stuff you are doing recently with these crazy hyperboles it's getting ridiculous.
They do all that so they can make shit show like this? So what is PlayStation sells well? All I care about is getting good game and I ain't going to be getting them from Sony anytime soon apparently. I want a lot more than GaaS and Marvel games.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They do all that so they can make shit show like this? So what is PlayStation sells well? All I care about is getting good game and I ain't going to be getting them from Sony anytime soon apparently. I want a lot more than GaaS and Marvel games.
They sell very well because there are dozens of millions of players with different tastes than you, or that they don't act as if PS5 now only would have GaaS and Marvel games released and announced.

And there are many millions who love superhero games and GaaS, and since GaaS are dominating the market and Spider-Man is one of their best selling games ever, since they have common sense running their business very successfully, instead of following your specific personal opinion they look at what their fanbase prefers, so announced a couple of Marvel games more and some GaaS. In addition to a shit ton of different non GaaS games more big and small, single and multiplayer, 1st and 3rd party and from all genres. But focusing on what most of their customers prefer.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Saying what? I sure as hell didn't see this coming as even during the PS3 Sony was still releasing plenty of exciting AAA games and new IPs in particular.
Examples like:
  • Poor marketing/communication, especially in the face of MS's proven FUD/astroturfing campaign regarding supposed console limitations, fake news on games supposedly being made that Sony do little to correct (where's rumored SOCOM, resistance, new uncharted, castlevania, BloodBourne, blah blah blah).
  • Poor business decisions like soured/lost 3P relationships verses PS3/PS4 gen (RAD, SM, QD, SEGA and more...)
  • Bad faith censorship (ND sub-contracted 3rd party attempting to hide involvement on bad video review takedowns)
  • Missing would-be slam dunk opportunities to bolster own efforts, as other companies buy publishers, developers, IP's).
  • The constant throwing out of the baby with the bathwater; or how one part never seems to know what the other is doing/doesn't co-operate. Let's buy EVO, but not enhance the pipeline by also buying/investing in some combo of Capcom, Dimps, NeatherRealm/WB or Arc System Works. No, instead gonna buy mobile studios, after shutting the old PS Mobile/minis department. But we're not gonna take SE West's teams with prior mobile game experience, or the Tomb Raider/Legacy Of Kain etc liscenses. And we're not gonna roll whatever mobile games the music/anime divisions have under them into the newly re-created PS mobile division so they could all benefit, nah, that'd make too much sense.
  • The none-capitalizing on opportunities that they really should. What did early purchasing of onlive/gaikai really amount to? Still can't do proper downloadable PS3 games on PS5.
  • PC direction as a whole being a stupid endeavour.
Absolutely loads to ding Sony on since at least when Layden left, if not before. It's nice to see other people actually saying it though, to be fair.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Examples like:
  • Poor marketing/communication, especially in the face of MS's proven FUD/astroturfing campaign regarding supposed console limitations, fake news on games supposedly being made that Sony do little to correct (where's rumored SOCOM, resistance, new uncharted, castlevania, BloodBourne, blah blah blah).
  • Poor business decisions like soured/lost 3P relationships verses PS3/PS4 gen (RAD, SM, QD, SEGA and more...)
  • Bad faith censorship (ND sub-contracted 3rd party attempting to hide involvement on bad video review takedowns)
  • Missing would-be slam dunk opportunities to bolster own efforts, as other companies buy publishers, developers, IP's).
  • The constant throwing out of the baby with the bathwater; or how one part never seems to know what the other is doing/doesn't co-operate. Let's buy EVO, but not enhance the pipeline by also buying/investing in some combo of Capcom, Dimps, NeatherRealm/WB or Arc System Works. No, instead gonna buy mobile studios, after shutting the old PS Mobile/minis department. But we're not gonna take SE West's teams with prior mobile game experience, or the Tomb Raider/Legacy Of Kain etc liscenses. And we're not gonna roll whatever mobile games the music/anime divisions have under them into the newly re-created PS mobile division so they could all benefit, nah, that'd make too much sense.
  • The none-capitalizing on opportunities that they really should. What did early purchasing of onlive/gaikai really amount to? Still can't do proper downloadable PS3 games on PS5.
  • PC direction as a whole being a stupid endeavour.
Absolutely loads to ding Sony on since at least when Layden left, if not before. It's nice to see other people actually saying it though, to be fair.
Right now Sony is just lucky things are so rough on the PC front as far as hardware and optimization. Consoles are losing a lot of their appeal, Alan Wake II doesn't even have physical release.

OP
OP
Yobo

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Right now Sony is just lucky things are so rough on the PC front as far as hardware and optimization. Consoles are losing a lot of their appeal, Alan Wake II doesn't even have physical release.
Sony should be busy like Nintendo making their console undeniably valuable. Unmissable exclusives

Instead they are becoming a third party publisher lol

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Sony should be busy like Nintendo making their console undeniably valuable. Unmissable exclusives

Instead they are becoming a third party publisher lol
The last thing sony needs to do its become nintendo,this inocuous show have made half the forum lose his mind for gods sake