Sony Might Have Just Internally Delayed Several PlayStation Exclusives

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some of you guys are seriously overreacting.

The problem is that some of you need to realize that for Sony to grow and expand in the future... they need to branch out and explore new markets. That means new hardware and new services. That also inevitably means that you're going to feel like there's less attention specifically on your little box and that you're being neglected... like a young child throwing tantrums because they have to share the attention with their new baby brother...

It's going to be ok.

Apple soon exploring the Android market to gain new customers for their creative suite.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't undrestand you, what do you mean with this post? Please develop. Do you mean that they delayed all their upcoming non-GaaS titles coming to 2023-2024?

The way they walk about Spider-Man 2 seems it won't be delayed. Wolverine I assume that since the start was planned for 2024 and Insomniac are very reliable so I think it continues having that release date.

I think they give Kojima a blank check so I think Death Stranding 2 will be released when ready and pretty likely doesn't have a release date set yet specially considering they released DS1 less than 4 years ago, its PC port less than 3 years ago and the Director's cut less than 2 years ago plus Kojima also had other projects like the movie, the MS game, the documentary etc. So I think DS2 isn't a delayed game.

Also, I think China Hero games are low budget games not important for them if released before or later.

Maybe a delayed game can be Stellar Blade -officially a 2023 game-, which may require more time.

Or some unannounced game, which could be the Cory new IP who if he's working on the new IP he wanted to pitch to Sony he will have been on it for 5 years, meaning possibly was originally scheduled for this FY and they decided to give it an extra year or two.

In any case, doesn't matter if in addition to TLOU or the Deviation game they delayed a game or two more, and if GaaS or not. Sony delayed some games because they needed time to be improved and gave them extra time they needed. This is what they should do, and it's better than to release them uncomplete, unpolished and broken.

Death stranding is not a PS Studios game, it's only published by them. Stellar is the same.

Thanks for playing.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Some of you guys are seriously overreacting.

The problem is that some of you need to realize that for Sony to grow and expand in the future... they need to branch out and explore new markets. That means new hardware and new services. That also inevitably means that you're going to feel like there's less attention specifically on your little box and that you're being neglected... like a young child throwing tantrums because they have to share the attention with their new baby brother...

It's going to be ok.
Playstation, you know, is Playstation. Not some 3rd party or PCstation.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
24 Jun 2022
A few days ago I posted a very long list of upcoming 1st and 2nd party games they have announced or shown, or at least mentioned separating GaaS from non-GaaS. They also released many. When adding 3 party exclusives, both AAA and indie the list goes way bigger. They have a lot of games coming, including many non-GaaS titles.

Obviously they will have more to be announced or shown in the future because they are still in a early shape where they still don't want to show them, or because they want to market other games planned to be released before them and save announcements or trailers for other points of the year/other years.

You can link to that post if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure many of the non-GaaS titles are basically just "Unannounced third-person action-adventure game" or something like that. As I've seen similar wording used before, from yourself and others.

The 3P stuff, isn't necessarily part of my point. Because in many of those cases they are just timed exclusives, or in some cases like with the China Hero Project games, they will still be Day 1 on PC, so in a sense not "really" exclusive to the console. I mean they are console-exclusive if just looking at PlayStation, Xbox and Switch, but more and more hardcore/enthusiasts are taking PC as a legit replacement for anything but a Switch/Nintendo, and doing Day 1 on that platform for more 3P games, even in cases where Sony is the publisher, is enabling that switch.

I don't undrestand you, what do you mean with this post? Please develop. Do you mean that they delayed all their upcoming non-GaaS titles coming to 2023-2024?

The way they walk about Spider-Man 2 seems it won't be delayed. Wolverine I assume that since the start was planned for 2024 and Insomniac are very reliable so I think it continues having that release date.

Two superhero AAA games in back-to-back years might be a bit much and, while it is outside of Sony's control, Marvel/Disney have practically shit the bed with the MCU the past two years, which would reflect in hype for superhero games, particularly Marvel-related ones, being slightly less than otherwise. Especially since, the comics themselves aren't good, either.

Maybe the upcoming X-Men '97 show is good like the '90s one was, which would be great for Wolverine in particular. The showrunner seems to respect the source material, so that's a decent start.

I think they give Kojima a blank check so I think Death Stranding 2 will be released when ready and pretty likely doesn't have a release date set yet specially considering they released DS1 less than 4 years ago, its PC port less than 3 years ago and the Director's cut less than 2 years ago plus Kojima also had other projects like the movie, the MS game, the documentary etc. So I think DS2 isn't a delayed game.

OK but then that just proves it's very far out from release. So, yet another non-GaaS exclusive that is very far out for Sony.

And, considering how aggressive Kojima wants to be with PC, will probably be a 6 month/1 year timed console exclusive before going to PC with a bunch of extra bells and whistles. Not a great feeling if you're an enthusiast on the console side, I'm sure.

Also, I think China Hero games are low budget games not important for them if released before or later.

They are important in that they could fill in gaps WRT exclusive console content, at least in theory, between the big 1P AAA releases.

But technically speaking, those CHP games will be on PC Day 1 anyway, so it's a bit muted in terms of calling them console exclusives.

Maybe a delayed game can be Stellar Blade -officially a 2023 game-, which may require more time.

Yeah, that would be one of them.

Or some unannounced game, which could be the Cory new IP who if he's working on the new IP he wanted to pitch to Sony he will have been on it for 5 years, meaning possibly was originally scheduled for this FY and they decided to give it an extra year or two.

Which, again, compounds a developing problem: increasing lack of new 1P exclusives for the PS5 console. An internal delay for say, Cory's game, also means a delay the fans have in learning anything about it.

In any case, doesn't matter if in addition to TLOU or the Deviation game they delayed a game or two more, and if GaaS or not. Sony delayed some games because they needed time to be improved and gave them extra time they needed. This is what they should do, and it's better than to release them uncomplete, unpolished and broken.

I'm not saying they're wrong for delaying games. What I'm saying is, it seems very unbecoming of them to start having these large gaps appear in terms of 1P releases for their platform. Just imagine where 1P would be right now if Insomniac weren't a part of their 1P fold; it'd be abysmal if we're talking about non-cross gen, non-GaaS releases, and that's a sad fact.

Basically, it's feeling like both Sony (Insomniac) and Microsoft (Bethesda) got really lucky clutch saves for their 1P output these first 3 years into the generation with certain key acquisitions that were ready to put out some content. Sony more so, considering Insomniac, Bluepoint, Housemarque etc. have been more consistent. But for Sony it's looking like the tank is momentarily about to come up empty for a while post-Spiderman 2, if you're looking forward to non-GaaS titles.

And, again, I'm not talking 3P exclusives, because most of those are just timed, or will be on PC Day 1 anyway. And in terms of AAA the only surefire one set for 2024 is Final Fantasy Rebirth. Rise of the Ronin might get delayed. Stellar Blade is from a smaller team, that have to prove themselves, but it looks very promising. There's nothing else I can really think of, meanwhile with Sony it's seemingly going to be GaaS titles and maybe Wolverine, though that one might be delayed to 2025 and it could potentially run the risk of seeming "too similar" to Spiderman 2, too soon.

I think if Sony kept up with the AA and mid-tiered 1P efforts like they did during the PS3 gen and early PS4, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The ironic part being, at least in the short-to-mid-term, it looks like Microsoft will be the one bringing some action on that front 1P-wise, though they obviously have their own problems with production, messaging, marketing, QA etc. (in some cases drastically more so than either Sony or Nintendo). But we know the Zenimax studios are cooking up some stuff. We know Compulsion are, that inXile are, that Playground are. Hellblade 2 and Avowed will be coming next year, and potentially other stuff too from AAA and AA and, again, I'm just talking 1P here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Vader

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You can link to that post if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure many of the non-GaaS titles are basically just "Unannounced third-person action-adventure game" or something like that.
Which, again, compounds a developing problem: increasing lack of new 1P exclusives for the PS5 console
What I'm saying is, it seems very unbecoming of them to start having these large gaps appear in terms of 1P releases for their platform. Just imagine where 1P would be right now if Insomniac weren't a part of their 1P fold; it'd be abysmal if we're talking about non-cross gen, non-GaaS releases, and that's a sad fact.

This is the list I mentioned.

Upcoming live service games they announced/mentioned:
  • Firewall Ultra (August 24, 2023)
  • Helldivers 2 (2023)
  • Concord (2024)
  • Fairgame$ (TBA, I bet 2024/2025)
  • Marathon (TBA, I bet late 2024 or early 2025)
  • The Last of Us Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Horizon Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Sony London hero shooter new IP, (TBA, I bet early 2026)
  • Other Bungie new IP (TBA, I bet late 2025 or early 2026)
  • Deviation's new IP (TBA, maybe cancelled or rebooted I'd say 2026)
Upcoming non-GaaS games they announced/mentioned:
  • Stellar Blade (2023)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)
  • Rise of the Ronin (2024)
  • Wolverine (TBA, maybe 2024?)
  • Death Stranding 2 (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Cory's new IP (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Team Asobi's next game, a bigger 3D action platformer (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (TBA)
  • At least one SP ND game under development (TBA)
  • Horizon 3 (TBA)
  • Project Boundary (China Hero Project)
  • Lost Soul Aside (China Hero Project)
  • Convallaria (China Hero Project)
  • RAN: Lost Islands (China Hero Project)
  • Exiledge (China Hero Project)
  • AI-Limit (China Hero Project)
  • Daba: Land of Water (China Hero Project)
  • Dark Star (China Hero Project)
  • The Wind Rising (China Hero Project)
  • The God Slayer (China Hero Project)
  • Awaken: Astral Blade (China Hero Project)
  • Will-less (China Hero Project)
  • Evotiction (China Hero Project)
Known upcoming games that we don't know if they are GaaS or not:
  • Housemarque next game
  • Media Molecule's next game
  • Bend new IP featuring MP
  • Insomniac unannounced game featuring MP
  • Ballistic Moon (former Until Daw/Supermassive devs) new IP
  • Sucker Punch unannounced game featuring MP
  • Firesprite unannounced game featuring MP
Do you think they are all lies and doesn't exist? According to you when Hermen said they had over 25 games under development at PS Studios (so not counting Bungie) and that out of them 12 were GaaS (so they had way more than a dozen non-GaaS games under development, and back then many of these China Heros weren't signed).

And what happens with all the games they released in 2-3 years? When big AAA games now take around 5-6 (or more) years to be made and Sony likes to shown them when they are around a year before release or so, how do you expect people who released recently Horizon CoM, TLOUP1, HFW, GT7, GOWR, MLB, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Morales, TLOU2, Tsushima and so on? Do they don't count for you?

Updated to this year:

image.png

Haven = Fairgame$, Naughty Dog = TLOU Online, Firewalk = Concord, Guerrilla = Horizon Online

Add there GT7, Helldivers 2, Marathon, Deviation, London's new IP and a Firesprite game. You have 12 GaaS.

I assume GT isn't listed in either side because maybe they count it as both "single-player game catalog" and "live services game catalog".

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
This is the list I mentioned.

Upcoming live service games they announced/mentioned:
  • Firewall Ultra (August 24, 2023)
  • Helldivers 2 (2023)
  • Concord (2024)
  • Fairgame$ (TBA, I bet 2024/2025)
  • Marathon (TBA, I bet late 2024 or early 2025)
  • The Last of Us Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Horizon Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Sony London hero shooter new IP, (TBA, I bet early 2026)
  • Other Bungie new IP (TBA, I bet late 2025 or early 2026)
  • Deviation's new IP (TBA, maybe cancelled or rebooted I'd say 2026)
Upcoming non-GaaS games they announced/mentioned:
  • Stellar Blade (2023)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)
  • Rise of the Ronin (2024)
  • Wolverine (TBA, maybe 2024?)
  • Death Stranding 2 (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Cory's new IP (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Team Asobi's next game, a bigger 3D action platformer (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (TBA)
  • At least one SP ND game under development (TBA)
  • Horizon 3 (TBA)
  • Project Boundary (China Hero Project)
  • Lost Soul Aside (China Hero Project)
  • Convallaria (China Hero Project)
  • RAN: Lost Islands (China Hero Project)
  • Exiledge (China Hero Project)
  • AI-Limit (China Hero Project)
  • Daba: Land of Water (China Hero Project)
  • Dark Star (China Hero Project)
  • The Wind Rising (China Hero Project)
  • The God Slayer (China Hero Project)
  • Awaken: Astral Blade (China Hero Project)
  • Will-less (China Hero Project)
  • Evotiction (China Hero Project)
Known upcoming games that we don't know if they are GaaS or not:
  • Housemarque next game
  • Media Molecule's next game
  • Bend new IP featuring MP
  • Insomniac unannounced game featuring MP
  • Ballistic Moon (former Until Daw/Supermassive devs) new IP
  • Sucker Punch unannounced game featuring MP
  • Firesprite unannounced game featuring MP
Do you think they are all lies and doesn't exist? According to you when Hermen said they had over 25 games under development at PS Studios (so not counting Bungie) and that out of them 12 were GaaS (so they had way more than a dozen non-GaaS games under development, and back then many of these China Heros weren't signed).

And what happens with all the games they released in 2-3 years? When big AAA games now take around 5-6 (or more) years to be made and Sony likes to shown them when they are around a year before release or so, how do you expect people who released recently Horizon CoM, TLOUP1, HFW, GT7, GOWR, MLB, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Morales, TLOU2, Tsushima and so on? Do they don't count for you?

Updated to this year:

image.png

Haven = Fairgame$, Naughty Dog = TLOU Online, Firewalk = Concord, Guerrilla = Horizon Online

Add there GT7, Helldivers 2, Marathon, Deviation, London's new IP and a Firesprite game. You have 12 GaaS.

I assume GT isn't listed in either side because maybe they count it as both "single-player game catalog" and "live services game catalog".

C'mon now, that list above is like 2/5ths live-service/GaaS titles, and it's the same dumb list war stuff we saw Xbox people doing on Twitter and forums a couple years back. Just vague titles for games the majority of which we as gamers know nothing about specifically. And, in that you still have a ton of 3P games like Stellar Blade (100% NOT releasing in 2023 since there doesn't seem to be another Showcase around the corner, and the last update we got on the game was over a year ago) which will also be on PC Day 1. Or, games like Rise of the Ronin, which have no set date and can easily get delayed into 2025.

And again, you're also bringing up games from the China Hero Project, and I've already expressed my thoughts on those. They will all be PC Day 1, so that doesn't really add too much an incentive to get a console to play them. Some of them are also VERY far off, we're talking 2026 or later, and anything can happen in the meantime. Also, just for my preferences, some seem a bit samey stylistically to each other. Many want to be Soulsborne-like, but the irony is that Sony own the IP rights to Bloodborne, and could literally have done a Bloodborne 2, something a lot of core fans actually want. Get a few From Software people involved, have Blue Point (who've already proven themselves with the Demons Souls Remake) build out a sequel expanding on the original game's framework. We probably would have already gotten a reveal for it by now with a set date for 2024 or 2025, that would have been very exciting.

Instead Sony chose to reveal several live-service/GaaS titles back in May :/

Herman and whoever else at Sony can say they have 25+ games in development, but, seeing is believing. There's no telling how much progress has been done with those games, if there are more like TLOU2 Factions which are going through a sort of internal soft reboot which will add more development time (pushing release dates back, pushing reveals and more details rollout back), etc. You're also just highlighting more issues for me: 25 games, almost 1/2 of them GaaS. So only 13 traditional games in development...and that quote's from October 2022. Guess what one of those games is? Spiderman 2. Guess what another was? Horizon: Call of the Mountain. A third one? Wolverine. So, one's already been released, one is about to be released, and the third might release in 2024. That's 10 traditional games left.

How many of those 10 traditional games are earmarked for multiple fiscal years of funding budget to complete? How many are for games which started development around the start of, say, FY 2019, that haven't released yet and that we don't know about? How many of those are for new games which just started development within the past couple of years (assuming these are AAA games, that would give them enough time to perhaps come out by 2026-2027)? How many of those 10 are for games that just began development this year? Because in that case, we aren't seeing them until the PS6; at the very least they will be cross-gen games. Are Sony going to increase that number of games in production, or have they already? By how much? Are they going to include some AA games, perhaps in the hopes that some actually get released this generation say between 2025-2026?

As to the games they've already released...here's the thing. HFW, GOW Ragnarok, GT7...those are all games that started development before the current PlayStation management took the reigns. Those are all fantastic games, so yes they do count...but the concern some are starting to have is that there's going to be a good deal less of those games from 1P this gen under the new management, and that we'll see more GaaS titles taking their place. And, if Sony are going to 100% focus their traditional efforts on AAA games, almost anything that started development from 2021 and later isn't going to see a release until at least 2026. That's three years from now. So, what are Sony going to do in terms of exclusives in the meantime while those cook? 1P-wise it's a toss-up for anything beyond Spiderman 2 and Wolverine, and again, I think Wolverine might see a release window of 2025 rather than 2024. So that leaves 3P games but, the issue with some like FF7 Rebirth is, they are "just" timed exclusives. Or you have others like Stellar Blade which will be Day 1 on PC, so where does that really incentivize an enthusiast on the console side who might also already have a pretty decent PC rig?

Reactions: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
C'mon now, that list above is like 2/5ths live-service/GaaS titles, and it's the same dumb list war stuff we saw Xbox people doing on Twitter and forums a couple years back. Just vague titles for games the majority of which we as gamers know nothing about specifically. And, in that you still have a ton of 3P games like Stellar Blade (100% NOT releasing in 2023 since there doesn't seem to be another Showcase around the corner, and the last update we got on the game was over a year ago) which will also be on PC Day 1. Or, games like Rise of the Ronin, which have no set date and can easily get delayed into 2025.

And again, you're also bringing up games from the China Hero Project, and I've already expressed my thoughts on those. They will all be PC Day 1, so that doesn't really add too much an incentive to get a console to play them. Some of them are also VERY far off, we're talking 2026 or later, and anything can happen in the meantime. Also, just for my preferences, some seem a bit samey stylistically to each other. Many want to be Soulsborne-like, but the irony is that Sony own the IP rights to Bloodborne, and could literally have done a Bloodborne 2, something a lot of core fans actually want. Get a few From Software people involved, have Blue Point (who've already proven themselves with the Demons Souls Remake) build out a sequel expanding on the original game's framework. We probably would have already gotten a reveal for it by now with a set date for 2024 or 2025, that would have been very exciting.

Instead Sony chose to reveal several live-service/GaaS titles back in May :/

Herman and whoever else at Sony can say they have 25+ games in development, but, seeing is believing. There's no telling how much progress has been done with those games, if there are more like TLOU2 Factions which are going through a sort of internal soft reboot which will add more development time (pushing release dates back, pushing reveals and more details rollout back), etc. You're also just highlighting more issues for me: 25 games, almost 1/2 of them GaaS. So only 13 traditional games in development...and that quote's from October 2022. Guess what one of those games is? Spiderman 2. Guess what another was? Horizon: Call of the Mountain. A third one? Wolverine. So, one's already been released, one is about to be released, and the third might release in 2024. That's 10 traditional games left.

How many of those 10 traditional games are earmarked for multiple fiscal years of funding budget to complete? How many are for games which started development around the start of, say, FY 2019, that haven't released yet and that we don't know about? How many of those are for new games which just started development within the past couple of years (assuming these are AAA games, that would give them enough time to perhaps come out by 2026-2027)? How many of those 10 are for games that just began development this year? Because in that case, we aren't seeing them until the PS6; at the very least they will be cross-gen games. Are Sony going to increase that number of games in production, or have they already? By how much? Are they going to include some AA games, perhaps in the hopes that some actually get released this generation say between 2025-2026?

As to the games they've already released...here's the thing. HFW, GOW Ragnarok, GT7...those are all games that started development before the current PlayStation management took the reigns. Those are all fantastic games, so yes they do count...but the concern some are starting to have is that there's going to be a good deal less of those games from 1P this gen under the new management, and that we'll see more GaaS titles taking their place. And, if Sony are going to 100% focus their traditional efforts on AAA games, almost anything that started development from 2021 and later isn't going to see a release until at least 2026. That's three years from now. So, what are Sony going to do in terms of exclusives in the meantime while those cook? 1P-wise it's a toss-up for anything beyond Spiderman 2 and Wolverine, and again, I think Wolverine might see a release window of 2025 rather than 2024. So that leaves 3P games but, the issue with some like FF7 Rebirth is, they are "just" timed exclusives. Or you have others like Stellar Blade which will be Day 1 on PC, so where does that really incentivize an enthusiast on the console side who might also already have a pretty decent PC rig?

You're wasting your time.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Is Helldivers 2 day one on PC too?

PlayStation just isn't what used to be, turned into a less shitty Xbox.

Count as a day one game on Gamepass.
TBH Im not bothered by online games going to PC day 1. Plus it gets rid of the whole review killing which happens to PS exclusives

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Whether this is true or not and ignoring the Doom everyone does every time PS has news.

Hermen needs to be fired. 25 games my ass. PS5 was meant to be a PS3/PS4 doubled down. As in more games and faster. Single player and Gaas.
Instead its been as slow as the PS4/PS3 gen when it comes to exclusives. And we dont even get the smaller titles like PS3/PS4 did from 1st party.

Its not all been bad but God of War, GT7 and Horizon were meant to be 2020 products. Herman can’t seem to manage what he is doing and it shows. Imagine that was the case and we got a super strong 2020-2021. But 2022 and 2023 would of been disastrous.

Saying that, next year will probably have Wolverine, Rise of Ronin and Im sure there must be another game in the works as in single player.
But regardless, Herman isn’t the guy for head of WWS.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Whether this is true or not and ignoring the Doom everyone does every time PS has news.

Hermen needs to be fired. 25 games my ass. PS5 was meant to be a PS3/PS4 doubled down. As in more games and faster. Single player and Gaas.
Instead its been as slow as the PS4/PS3 gen when it comes to exclusives. And we dont even get the smaller titles like PS3/PS4 did from 1st party. Its not all been bad but God of War, GT7 and Horizon were meant to be 2020 products. Herman can’t seem to manage what he is doing and it shows. Imagine that was the case and we got a super strong 2020-2021. But 2022 and 2023 would of been disastrous.

Saying that, next year will probably have Wolverine, Rise of Ronin and Im sure there must be another game in the works as in single player.
But regardless, Herman isn’t the guy for head of WWS.
PS3 wasn't slow with exclusives. What are you talking about. It had loads of 1st party exclusives.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Good job Hermen. He's doing such a bang up job at wrecking WWS.

But I'm assuming these are their GaaS titles probably including Factions
Yeah he’s doing a terrible job he should just release unfinished broken games that are unplayed just because some people are infants with no idea how the world works

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS3 wasn't slow with exclusives. What are you talking about. It had loads of 1st party exclusives.

It wasn’t? I remember it getting good around 2008-2009 And before that it wasnt much better.

2006 - MotorStorm - Resistance - NBA 07 - Untold Legends

2007 - Ratchet and Clank - Uncharted 1 - Warhawk - MLB - LocoRoco -

2008 - Little Big Planet - Wipeout HD - Resistance 2 - MLB - Singstar

2009 - Uncharted 2 - Killzone 2 - Infamous - Ratchet and Clank 2nd title- Demons Souls

Compared to PS5

2020 - Demons Souls. Spiderman MM. Astro’s playroom. Sackboy Adventure - MLB

2021- Destruction All Stars - Ratchet and Clank - Returnal- MLB

2022 - God of War Ragnarok - GT7 - Horizon 2 - TLOU Remaster - MLB -

2023 - Spiderman 2 - MLB

Apart from the 4th year, theres not much between them in the first 3 years.

Saying all this, Im not happy with the management at PS and Hermen just doesnt seem like the guy to do the job.
I shouldnt be comparing PS3 and PS5 in all honesty. Because Im expecting PS to have double the amount they did PS3 days. They have more money and more talented studios, as someone who has been involved in games developement, I can understand how indiviual studios could face delays, mess ups and, covid and issues but this isn’t good enough from WWS at this point in time. They’ve been carried by Insomnia

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
2009 - Uncharted 2 - Killzone 2 - Infamous - Ratchet and Clank 2nd title- Demons Souls
That is just fantastic and shits all over 2023 exclusives lineup.

Yeah he’s doing a terrible job he should just release unfinished broken games that are unplayed just because some people are infants with no idea how the world works
You sound exactly like Phil Spencer apologists.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That is just fantastic and shits all over 2023 exclusives lineup.

It was a great year, maybe the best but I dont think we got another year like that ever?

Maybe 2020 with Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Dreams, Demons Souls, Spiderman MM and “Astrobot”

2022 was pretty strong too with God of War, Horizon 2, GT7 and TLOURemaster but I prefer 2009 Overall.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It was a great year, maybe the best but I dont think we got another year like that ever?

Maybe 2020 with Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Dreams, Demons Souls, Spiderman MM and “Astrobot”

2022 was pretty strong too with God of War, Horizon 2, GT7 and TLOURemaster but I prefer 2009 Overall.
2020 was fire but 2022 doesn't do it for me at all.

It's good but I'm not a Horizon guy and Ragnarok was slightly disappointing as well to me (despite still being very good).

2020 also had FFVII Remake as a third party exclusive. TLoU Part 2 was one of the best games of the generations and the PS5 launch lineup damn good.

2009 has two of the most important games in PlayStation history as far as I'm concerned, Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2020 was fire but 2022 doesn't do it for me at all.
Probably the same for me too, but toe to toe its not too far off.

God of War Ragnarok - Uncharted 2

KillZone 2 - Horizon 2

Infamous - TLOU Remaster - ( A new IP in Infamous probably has this beat )

GT 7 - Ratchet and Clank & Demon Souls

Considering Demon Souls and U2 are probably my favourite PS3 games ( Ok TLOU & MGS4 ) I prefer 2009 but I cant deny GOW and GT7, amazing games for me