Sony Might Have Just Internally Delayed Several PlayStation Exclusives

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS5 had a better start than any other Sony console... However it' seems to be in reverse as the other systems were just kicking into overdrive at this phase where they can't seem to get the cylinders lit.
Yeah I agree with that.
2023 is a bad year for them and should be where the console goes up.
Next year will have Wolverine and Rise of the Ronin at least. Plus all the other studios will have things cooked up to go into overdrive.
Still Hermen needs to go

Reactions: Danja

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I dont think Until Dawn was 1st party.
And I still think PS4 had a similar start to PS5.

This year should of definitely been there 2016 moment though, no excuses for that. Thats where it has gone wrong
Until Dawn is a first party game developed by an external developer (Supermassive) on a Sony proprietary engine ( a proto- version of what will now know as Decima). It is in a similar position of Bloodborne.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yeah I agree with that.
2023 is a bad year for them and should be where the console goes up.
Next year will have Wolverine and Rise of the Ronin at least. Plus all the other studios will have things cooked up to go into overdrive.
Still Hermen needs to go
I would say Hermen got good connection, just his optic is jumping on many cargos at once, unlike Yoshida, which is pretty demanding on quality.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Plenty of examples of the pitfalls once a rushed game is launched and trying to fix it later. Better to delay get it right then launch.
When it comes to gaas, sony should not have to relay on 3rd party for all their gaas content, they need to establish 1st party gaas, this way a rich asshole cant swing in and buy up shit and take gaas off the ps5.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Plenty of examples of the pitfalls once a rushed game is launched and trying to fix it later. Better to delay get it right then launch.
When it comes to gaas, sony should not have to relay on 3rd party for all their gaas content, they need to establish 1st party gaas, this way a rich asshole cant swing in and buy up shit and take gaas off the ps5.
I mean if you own a portion of something and it blows, it still better than own it and that blows.
Or something something egg basket.

Also sign a contract, it is not that hard.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I see.
Either way 2013 and 2014 was pretty bleak and worse than PS5’s 2020-2021. Id say 2022 was better than 2015 too overall.
And Bloodborne is my favourite game on either console.
Just because PS4 didn't have backward compatibility with PS3.

2013 also had TLoU, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Sony also did publish a lot more smaller games back then.

PS5 ended up getting tons of what are essentially PS4 games like Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, GT7.

Their output of games just seems to be getting considerably smaller over time and now they decided to shift a lot of their resources towards GaaS and PC ports (things that I believe will slow down their output of traditional games even further).

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just because PS4 didn't have backward compatibility with PS3.

2013 also had TLoU, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

PS5 ended up getting tons of what are essentially PS4 games like Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, GT7.

Their output of games just seems to be getting considerably smaller over time and now they decided to shift a lot of their resources towards GaaS and PC ports.
For sure.

But it was the most empty my PS’s have ever felt. Resogun kept it alive for me. Killzone ShadowFall was damn right awful and Knack was Knack lol.
Driveclub Launched broken and Infamous lost its spark for me at this point. We had a year where Dragon Age won the GOTY because 2014 was so bleak Lol.

And yeah PS5 got those PS4 games. Personally I think they should of all gone PS5 exclusive, but I guess with Supply issues it made sense, otherwise they should of been PS5 games and I technically played them on PS5.

I agree about there output getting smaller, which should not be happening with all the money they made last gen.
Even if you consider games like Horizon, Spiderman, TLOU2, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima takes alot longer than the games they were putting out on PS3 etc. They should have been more prepared by expanding there studios by making them larger, and having multiple teams per studio to work on more games. I mean how else can you expand unless you buy more studios. Sony need to do more. Buy more, creat more, secure more IPs.

As much as I hate PC ports, I dont think they are using the main teams for porting and using those resources. And Gaas wise, outside of the Naughty Dog, I havent seen news where the old teams are working on Gaas as there main projects. Maybe the London team that worked on VR thats about it.

Either way they are messing up by not buying the correct studios that bring more exclusives games to PS5. And havent expanded them enough to give us more. Still enjoying the games the start of this gen then PS4 but thats not the point.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
For sure.

But it was the most empty my PS’s have ever felt. Resogun kept it alive for me. Killzone ShadowFall was damn right awful and Knack was Knack lol.
Driveclub Launched broken and Infamous lost its spark for me at this point. We had a year where Dragon Age won the GOTY because 2014 was so bleak Lol.

I agree about there output getting smaller, which should not be happening with all the money they made last gen.
Even if you consider games like Horizon, Spiderman, TLOU2, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima takes alot longer than the games they were putting out on PS3 etc. They should have been more prepared by expanding there studios by making them larger, and having multiple teams per studio to work on more games.

As much as I hate PC ports, I dont think they are using the main teams for porting. And Gaas wise, outside of the Naughty Dog, I havent seen news where the old teams are working on Gaas as there main projects. Maybe the London team that worked on VR thats about it.
Sony handled it much better now but it was also much easier to do it with the PS5 having BC with the PS4 and all the momentum from the previous console success. What is disappointing to me is that Sony didn't see all of this as a reason to double down on console instead they saw it as an opportunity to try and expand to GaaS/PC/mobile/cloud.

2023 wasn't very good as far as their own output and the next few years look completely empty as well other than GaaS games (including games that even release on Xbox).

Games taking longer to make should've been compensated by expanding the studios size and count, they did that to an extend but mostly targeting more GaaS games.

As for not using their main team for porting, they pretty much had to port all their internal engines to be able to release commercial games on PC, ND their most prestigious studio actually made the port of TLoU Part I themselves (an embarrassing one btw).

If Sony actually ends up hitting on some massive GaaS success than it's going to become even worse going forward for investment in traditional games.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I would say Hermen got good connection, just his optic is jumping on many cargos at once, unlike Yoshida, which is pretty demanding on quality.
This man praised the last showcase. I will never take him seriously again. He's Phil Spencer 2.0.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS5 had a better start than any other Sony console... However it' seems to be in reverse as the other systems were just kicking into overdrive at this phase where they can't seem to get the cylinders lit.
No. In the last year Sony had more big exclusives, Nintendo basically only had Zelda and MS nothing. Same goes for the next year, MS only has Forza GaaS with some important features removed at launch and Starfield, Nintendo has a 2D Mario and Sony has way more big exclusives.

This man praised the last showcase. I will never take him seriously again. He's Phil Spencer 2.0.
The difference is that unlike Spencer, Hermen's games are better rated, better selling and win more awards than they ever did in his company, helping to achieve record numbers with his console. He's very successful.

Playstation is doing a great job. They've hardly slowed up since Uncharted 2. Everything currently announced looks good to me, especially Marathon.

Key areas of improvement:
- new IP from a proven team
- day and date Steam ports
- release Last of Us multiplayer
Around half of their games under development are new IPs, meaning they have over a dozen new IPs under development.

This includes new IPs from Sony Santa Monica, Bend, Media Molecule, Haven (including ex-Ubisoft people broke 2 times the best selling ever new IP record), Bungie (broke once the fastest selling ever new IP record), Firewalk (ex-Bungie), Deviation (ex-CoD and other top shooters) and apparently Naughty Dog and a ex-Supermassive/Until Dawn team. Al more than proven teams.

Day and date Steam ports will only happen with some of their GaaS. Won't do it with all games because pretty likely it would kill their console as it's happening with MS.

TLOU MP is under development, they'll release it when ready.

I dont think Until Dawn was 1st party.
And I still think PS4 had a similar start to PS5.

This year should of definitely been there 2016 moment though, no excuses for that. Thats where it has gone wrong
Until Dawn is a Sony owned IP published by Sony. It's a first party IP/game.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS4:

2013: Resogun, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack
2014: Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, LBP3
2015: Bloodborne, Until Dawn, The Order 1886
2016: Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian

This year should have an E3 2016 moment, Sony should step up I hope.

As I remember, PS5 has:

2020: Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy Adventure, Astro (plus BC with TLOU2 and Tsushima released a few months before)
2021: Returnal, Ratchet Rift Apart, Tsushima DC, Death Stranding DC, Destruction AllStars, Days Gone PC
2022: Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, HFW, GT7, GoWR, TLOUP1, PC ports of GoW/Spider-Man/Morales/Sackboy/Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
2023: Horizon CoM, Firewall Ultra, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Spider-Man 2, Convallaria, PC ports of Returnal/TLOUP1/Ratchet Rift Apart...
2024: Concord, Rise of the Ronin, Lost Soul Aside, pretty likely Wolverine and Marathon...

I think the first 3 years are clearly better in PS5, while the 4th year so far seems better in PS4 because it had less quantity but more quality. I think the 5th year will be better in PS5 too but still have to reveal or show a lot of stuff.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No. In the last year Sony had more big exclusives,
Yes Sony mostly has years with alot of exclusives. They need to go bigger now though. We all want that

Nintendo basically only had Zelda and MS nothing.

Ahem Pikmin 4 lol.
And they might not be big titles but Metroid Prime Remaster, Pikmin 1+2 Port, Fire Emblem Engage and the upcoming Mario Bro Wonder is decent As far as exclusives. Also Advance Wars and Detective Pikachu Returns are possible for 2023 too. On top of Zelda thats a good year

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes Sony mostly has years with alot of exclusives. They need to go bigger now though. We all want that
Since Jimbo and Hermen were promoted, Sony grew a lot the manpower of all their teams, growing studios like Naughty Dog or Guerrilla from being able to work in a single big game to work in 3 or 4 like Insomniac.

They also acquired a lot of teams like Insomniac, Bungie, Housemarque, Bluepoint, Firesprite, Firewalk (ex-Bungie), Nixxes and Haven (ex-Ubisoft).

According to their board they made a record investment to sign 2nd party games for the whole PS5 generation, the biggest one compared to their previous generations.

According to Jimbo PS5 will have more 3rd party exclusives than any previous PS console.

Ahem Pikmin 4 lol.

And they might not be big titles but Metroid Prime Remaster, Pikmin 1+2 Port, Fire Emblem Engage and the upcoming Mario Bro Wonder is decent As far as exclusives. Also Advance Wars and Detective Pikachu Returns are possible for 2023 too. On top of Zelda thats a good year
Before Pikmin 4 the whole Pikmin series combined, even including refurbished ports, sold under 8M copies. Pikmin isn't a big game at least compared to big 2023 Sony exclusives like Spider-Man 2 or Final Fantaxy XVI:
https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Pikmin

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Ahem Pikmin 4 lol.

Super Mario Wonder. Then followed by the Mario RPG remake in November. Super Mario Wonder has the potential to be the best selling Mario game ever.

It started with Jedi Survivor and SF6 but this is gonna go down as a legendary year. It feels like Nintendo is on autopilot so it’s easy to ignore what they’re doing.

I mostly ignore it because it’s handheld… but there’s no denying their frequency of bangers and their juggernaut status

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Super Mario Wonder. Then followed by the Mario RPG remake in November. Super Mario Wonder has the potential to be the best selling Mario game ever.

It started with Jedi Survivor and SF6 but this is gonna go down as a legendary year. It feels like Nintendo is on autopilot so it’s easy to ignore what they’re doing.

I mostly ignore it because it’s handheld… but there’s no denying their frequency of bangers and their juggernaut status
Ah, I forgot about Mario RPG. I play the Switch in Dock mode 99% of the time lol.
This year seems like a great year

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
As I remember, PS5 has:

2020: Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy Adventure, Astro (plus BC with TLOU2 and Tsushima released a few months before)
2021: Returnal, Ratchet Rift Apart, Tsushima DC, Death Stranding DC, Destruction AllStars, Days Gone PC
2022: Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, HFW, GT7, GoWR, TLOUP1, PC ports of GoW/Spider-Man/Morales/Sackboy/Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
2023: Horizon CoM, Firewall Ultra, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Spider-Man 2, Convallaria, PC ports of Returnal/TLOUP1/Ratchet Rift Apart...
2024: Concord, Rise of the Ronin, Lost Soul Aside, pretty likely Wolverine and Marathon...

I think the first 3 years are clearly better in PS5, while the 4th year so far seems better in PS4 because it had less quantity but more quality. I think the 5th year will be better in PS5 too but still have to reveal or show a lot of stuff.
DLCs, PC ports, chinese/korean vaporware, Xbox game...

aint nobody got time for that GIF

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Or he should just resign and sail off into the Mediterranean forever on that yacht of his.
Resign for what ps has never been bigger, it’s generating more money than ever before, ps have never been bigger, Sony is spending more money than ever before and u guys are still crying over nothing. Not only do Jim and Herman clear any leadership terms in all of gaming today. They clear any leadership team in the industry in the past decade including PlayStation.

24 Jun 2022
Resign for what ps has never been bigger, it’s generating more money than ever before, ps have never been bigger,

Why do I care how much money PlayStation makes? Some of y'all are starting to sound like the Xbox people who keep gloating about the money Microsoft makes.

I. Do. Not. Care. How. Much. Money. These. Companies. Make. Unless I'm a shareholder, it's only worth bragging rights in some sales conversations and little more to me.

Sony is spending more money than ever before

What does this even signify? Inflation is a thing. Costs go up. Of course they'd be spending more money...

...but they're releasing less new 1P games than certain previous periods. And among non-GaaS titles, most of what few we know about are sequels.

and u guys are still crying over nothing.

Uh OK I guess :/

Not only do Jim and Herman clear any leadership terms in all of gaming today.

Based on what metric(s)? Because I can think of a few where they clearly do not.

They clear any leadership team in the industry in the past decade including PlayStation.

This is also very debatable, and again depends on if we're going by strictly bean counter metrics or stuff outside of playing pretend accountant.

Reactions: Danja and JAHGamer

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Why do I care how much money PlayStation makes? Some of y'all are starting to sound like the Xbox people who keep gloating about the money Microsoft makes.

I. Do. Not. Care. How. Much. Money. These. Companies. Make. Unless I'm a shareholder, it's only worth bragging rights in some sales conversations and little more to me.

What does this even signify? Inflation is a thing. Costs go up. Of course they'd be spending more money...

...but they're releasing less new 1P games than certain previous periods. And among non-GaaS titles, most of what few we know about are sequels.

Based on what metric(s)? Because I can think of a few where they clearly do not.

This is also very debatable, and again depends on if we're going by strictly bean counter metrics or stuff outside of playing pretend accountant.
I’m because how much money ps makes directly effects how much many of her have to find our games genius! U think they are going to keep funding $200mil + video games not including marketing with slipping profit margins increase dev cycles which means waiting longer for return on investment forever? Let them go hard as Fck in fcking gaas let them go hard asf on streaming as long as they keep making bank I’ll keep getting the type of games I like.
U ppl are shortsighted if sony listened to u ppl it would end up a pile of sht like sega or Xbox or Nintendo. “Oh but but Nintendo is doing great doing great just sticking to single player games” Nintendo is fcking garbage. Ugly games, shit services, no innovation no new tech lagging behind the whole fcking industry and making less than half the revenue of PlayStation m. Only reason Nintendo continues to make more profit than sony is because of nostalgia, milking sht, selling toys ip infants and investing nothing in their tech or studios. U ppl lack vision and thank god Jim and German are ignoring u guys.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

I'd just like to say that regarding your username thicc girls are indeed the best lol