Sony Might Have Just Internally Delayed Several PlayStation Exclusives

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Playstation is doing a great job. They've hardly slowed up since Uncharted 2. Everything currently announced looks good to me, especially Marathon.

Key areas of improvement:
- new IP from a proven team
- day and date Steam ports
- release Last of Us multiplayer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Probably the same for me too, but toe to toe its not too far off.

God of War Ragnarok - Uncharted 2

KillZone 2 - Horizon 2

Infamous - TLOU Remaster - ( A new IP in Infamous probably has this beat )

GT 7 - Ratchet and Clank & Demon Souls

Considering Demon Souls and U2 are probably my favourite PS3 games ( Ok TLOU & MGS4 ) I prefer 2009 but I cant deny GOW and GT7, amazing games for me
To me Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls are just too big. One shaped PlayStation and PlayStation Studios going forward and the other one was the start of one the most impressive runs by any developer ever pretty much creating a new sub-genre.

GoW Ragnarok to me is just a sliglty underwhelming sequel to GoW 2018 that is still great but held back for being crossgen and for the devs clearly wanting to move on to something else.

GT7 is great but an expected release, that we got since the first PlayStation.

Playstation is doing a great job. They've hardly slowed up since Uncharted 2. Everything currently announced looks good to me, especially Marathon.

Key areas of improvement:
- new IP from a proven team
- day and date Steam ports
- release Last of Us multiplayer
I'd say new IP from anyone and you got to be kidding me with day and date Steam ports, that should be the last priority and hopefully never don for single player AAA that will just be the target or piracy on PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and Umar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It wasn’t? I remember it getting good around 2008-2009 And before that it wasnt much better.

2006 - MotorStorm - Resistance - NBA 07 - Untold Legends

2007 - Ratchet and Clank - Uncharted 1 - Warhawk - MLB - LocoRoco -

2008 - Little Big Planet - Wipeout HD - Resistance 2 - MLB - Singstar

2009 - Uncharted 2 - Killzone 2 - Infamous - Ratchet and Clank 2nd title- Demons Souls

Compared to PS5

2020 - Demons Souls. Spiderman MM. Astro’s playroom. Sackboy Adventure - MLB

2021- Destruction All Stars - Ratchet and Clank - Returnal- MLB

2022 - God of War Ragnarok - GT7 - Horizon 2 - TLOU Remaster - MLB -

2023 - Spiderman 2 - MLB

Apart from the 4th year, theres not much between them in the first 3 years.

Saying all this, Im not happy with the management at PS and Hermen just doesnt seem like the guy to do the job.
I shouldnt be comparing PS3 and PS5 in all honesty. Because Im expecting PS to have double the amount they did PS3 days. They have more money and more talented studios, as someone who has been involved in games developement, I can understand how indiviual studios could face delays, mess ups and, covid and issues but this isn’t good enough from WWS at this point in time. They’ve been carried by Insomnia
PS3, we got 3 Uncharted games and TLOU from ND alone, MM made 3 sackboy games?
We got 2 Killzones, Resistance says haloo also, we got 2 full GT games and Prologue, we got 2 Infamous games, 2 God of War games etc..
Plus, we got also PSP games on top of that.
And that they did with less studios.

Playstation 3 was totally another kind of beast.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
It wasn’t? I remember it getting good around 2008-2009 And before that it wasnt much better.

2006 - MotorStorm - Resistance - NBA 07 - Untold Legends

2007 - Ratchet and Clank - Uncharted 1 - Warhawk - MLB - LocoRoco -

2008 - Little Big Planet - Wipeout HD - Resistance 2 - MLB - Singstar

2009 - Uncharted 2 - Killzone 2 - Infamous - Ratchet and Clank 2nd title- Demons Souls

Compared to PS5

2020 - Demons Souls. Spiderman MM. Astro’s playroom. Sackboy Adventure - MLB

2021- Destruction All Stars - Ratchet and Clank - Returnal- MLB

2022 - God of War Ragnarok - GT7 - Horizon 2 - TLOU Remaster - MLB -

2023 - Spiderman 2 - MLB

Apart from the 4th year, theres not much between them in the first 3 years.

Saying all this, Im not happy with the management at PS and Hermen just doesnt seem like the guy to do the job.
I shouldnt be comparing PS3 and PS5 in all honesty. Because Im expecting PS to have double the amount they did PS3 days. They have more money and more talented studios, as someone who has been involved in games developement, I can understand how indiviual studios could face delays, mess ups and, covid and issues but this isn’t good enough from WWS at this point in time. They’ve been carried by Insomnia
PS4:

2013: Resogun, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack
2014: Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, LBP3
2015: Bloodborne, Until Dawn, The Order 1886
2016: Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian

This year should have an E3 2016 moment, Sony should step up I hope.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Is it just me or does it feel like in the past few years (again, since around 2019) for every good news regarding the PS platform we get a dozen bad news? Not counting news about sales.

The vibes during 2009~2019 were just different.

Reactions: Puff and JAHGamer

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Is it just me or does it feel like in the past few years (again, since around 2019) for every good news regarding the PS platform we get a dozen bad news? Not counting news about sales.

The vibes during 2009~2019 were just different.
Because a company decided to pay the media, form a group of lunatics try to spread shits around?.

I can think of a few of the of them.
Destiny Lingerie, DMMePlsRyan, that other dude from Vox Tech Illiterate, Elisa Warren I think, and Jessie Cordon cousin of James Cordon.

Reactions: Puff

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Because a company decided to pay the media, form a group of lunatics try to spread shits around?.

I can think of a few of the of them.
Destiny Lingerie, DMMePlsRyan, that other dude from The Verge, Elisa Warren I think, and Jessie Cordon cousin of James Cordon.
Could very well be it, but why weren't these guys as effective before? Sony is so blase about everything, it's like they don't want to hype up anything and are afraid of getting people excited about future stuff.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Could very well be it, but why weren't these guys as effective before? Sony is so blase about everything, it's like they don't want to hype up anything and are afraid of getting people excited about future stuff.
I don't think they ever hyping people up about anything though?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't think they ever hyping people up about anything though?
Sony was all about hype on early PS4. E3 2013 until E3 2018.

Events with big presentation, fan events, even their slogan way pure hype "greatness awaits". PS4 even built a lot of it momentum on hype, until about 2015 things had been a little dry on the game front for it.

Now we get State of Plays where we need to present to be excited about Goodbuy Vulcano High and most internal studios keep their game a complete secret as if it was some sort of security risk to let people know what is coming. Makes you wonder if they aren't showing because they know enthusiast won't like them.

GaaS/PC/mobile/cloud is all about trying to attract a new audience while those that already own a PS5 are taken for granted, specially the people that have been around for a long time.

If you are an Uncharted fan you get nothing, if you are a Bloodborne fan you get nothing, if you are a fan of games like SotC/TLG/Ico you get nothing, Resistance/Infamous/Killzone fan you get nothing. I didn't become a PlayStation fan because of Horizon or Marvel games.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I'm pretty sure TLOU Factions 2 is the major title that got delayed, hard to even speculate what else may have gotten delayed, I'm pretty sure Deviation's game was canceled unless I'm wrong and they delayed it. Kotor and Twisted Metal but I dont think those were 2024 anyway but may have effected the financials of this fiscal year I suppose.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Sony was all about hype on early PS4. E3 2013 until E3 2018.

Events with big presentation, fan events, even their slogan way pure hype "greatness awaits". PS4 even built a lot of it momentum on hype, until about 2015 things had been a little dry on the game front for it.

Now we get State of Plays where we need to present to be excited about Goodbuy Vulcano High and most internal studios keep their game a complete secret as if it was some sort of security risk to let people know what is coming. Makes you wonder if they aren't showing because they know enthusiast won't like them.
E3 and Vertical Slices. Yea I think it is better than Showcase crap we got here.

But well, I think Sony is just doing an OK job on communication, they let the FUDs ran wild back in 2019-2020.

2023 Showcase was bad. Probably because they were obligated to marketing contracts.

Would they make another showcase this year, maybe?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Would they make another showcase this year, maybe?
Let's say they have another showcase this year or don't, why can't they communicate that? They don't acknowledge anything, I just don't get it.

I look at the success of BG3 and how great Larian is at communication and it becomes obvious how bad Sony has been about it. They were bad before and now they are terrible at it, borderline unbelievable that some people are actually paid to do that on behalf of PlayStation.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I remembered they let some dudes playing flute a few years ago, pretty wild.

Nowadays since Sony and Nintendo switched to the pre-recorded format, it kinda getting boring. Bring back E3.

I do think PS fans are better because when they see shit, they will blast the shit out of Sony and demand better. Can't see the green rats does that, all they do is sucking Phil dick, and even doing damage control for them.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah he’s doing a terrible job he should just release unfinished broken games that are unplayed just because some people are infants with no idea how the world works
Or he should just resign and sail off into the Mediterranean forever on that yacht of his.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS4:

2013: Resogun, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack
2014: Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, LBP3
2015: Bloodborne, Until Dawn, The Order 1886
2016: Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian

This year should have an E3 2016 moment, Sony should step up I hope.

I dont think Until Dawn was 1st party.
And I still think PS4 had a similar start to PS5.

This year should of definitely been there 2016 moment though, no excuses for that. Thats where it has gone wrong

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

This year should of definitely been there 2016 moment though, no excuses for that. Thats where it has gone wrong
Not made by internal studios but a Sony game nonetheless.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

PS5 had a better start than any other Sony console... However it' seems to be in reverse as the other systems were just kicking into overdrive at this phase where they can't seem to get the cylinders lit.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Not made by internal studios but a Sony game nonetheless.
I see.
Either way 2013 and 2014 was pretty bleak and worse than PS5’s 2020-2021. Id say 2022 was better than 2015 too overall.
And Bloodborne is my favourite game on either console.