Sony, no PC day and date til April 2027

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That is how I always felt about the Sony PC strategy...

To be fair they need a PC launcher to get out of Steam ASAP.
absolutely, the PC launcher needs to be released this year, the PlayStation Overlay was a great start tho

Reactions: ethomaz

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Were safe...for now anyway

Great White Sharks GIF by Shark Week

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

Bet you feel stupid now

? they just confirmed everything we've been saying, they won't cannibalize sales of their main system seller singleplayer games on their storefronts/consoles to release them on PC at launch, if you want these games, you'll have to wait 2 years to play them, and i hope, eventually, they increase the time to 4 years, cause Spiderman and Ghost Of Tsushima did absolutely great numbers being 4 year old ports

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Herman said that GaaS games will be day and date, the single player games, NO

Pretty much. So, anyone who said that Jim and Hulst are idiots can calm down now.

Sony view PC as a place to recruit more console buyers. That is their view, whether you agree on it or not.

Reactions: Etifilio

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
? they just confirmed everything we've been saying, they won't cannibalize sales of their main system seller singleplayer games on their storefronts/consoles to release them on PC at launch, if you want these games, you'll have to wait 2 years to play them, and i hope, eventually, they increase the time to 4 years, cause Spiderman and Ghost Of Tsushima did absolutely great numbers being 4 year old ports

Try reading this

▪️PlayStation sees PC releases as opportunities for growth, not cannabilization

Basically it means the PC ports don't cannibalise console sales, so they will continue them

MiyazakiLovesKojima

i don't like them either, specially the ones who want to play games made for CONSOLES without investing in them, i still think Sony will reconsider putting their tentpole singleplayer games on PC eventually, because again, these portable PCs + the next Xbox will run Steam/ESG, either they'll stop porting games to PC, or they'll release them exclusevly on the PS Launcher
I hope this happens as well because I still love PlayStation 💙

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Try reading this

Basically it means the PC ports don't cannibalise console sales, so they will continue them
They way they are doing it... old releases ports will never cannibalise console sales.

Reactions: Plextorage

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Try reading this

You ignore a fact that there won't be simultaneously release PC/PS with singleplayer games.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You guys don't get it, they won't make a fuss about it, they'll just do it, just like they started releasing GaaS games day one on PC or announcing games as PS5/PC games like Until Dawn and TLoU Pt 1. I remember when Hermen Hulst outline the entire PC strategy years ago on a interview for their blog while people were still in denial.

Sony doesn't see any problem with their release on PC, they don't think there is cannibalization, they don't think piracy is a problem, they don't see Steam's cut as a problem, they don't see a problem with online/cloud saving being charged on PlayStation and not on PC, they don't see a problem with PlayStation games only being playable on the go negatively on devices like the Steam Deck . Stop coping and just face reality.

They think "best place to Play" is just a slogan and PlayStation doesn't actually need to even attempt to be the best place to play. It's not even the best place to play most PlayStation games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You guys don't get it, they won't make a fuss about it, they'll just do it, just like they started releasing GaaS games day one on PC or announcing games as PS5/PC games like Until Dawn and TLoU Pt 1.
?

Until Dawn is a 9 years old game.
TLOU Pt 1 is a 11 years old game.

Just look at it... GoW is probably the best selling game on PC and Ragnarok is already 1.5 years old and no release date for PC yet.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
You guys don't get it, they won't make a fuss about it, they'll just do it, just like they started releasing GaaS games day one on PC or announcing games as PS5/PC games like Until Dawn and TLoU Pt 1.
these games are remakes tho, these don't have the same impact as brand new games like Spiderman 2, or Wolverine, for example

Reactions: Umar

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
According to you Phil Spencer has always been truthful?
Phil Spencer lies to the "xbox playerbase" on interviews and podcasts genius, He doesn't lie in microsoft investor meetings behind closed doors.

Timmy from bumfuck, Utah who owns a series x can't sue Phil Spencer for lying about exclusive games but Wall Street Securities Firms can when he lies in investor meetings which he doesn't

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
?

Until Dawn is a 9 years old game.
TLOU Pt 1 is a 11 years old game.

Just look at it... GoW is probably the best selling game on PC and Ragnarok is already 1.5 years old and no release date for PC yet.

I miss when PlayStation used to make new games instead of porting last gen ones

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Pretty much. So, anyone who said that Jim and Hulst are idiots can calm down now.

Sony view PC as a place to recruit more console buyers. That is their view, whether you agree on it or not.
yeah, of course the hardcore PC enthusiasts will wait, but people who play these franchises for the first time, youtubers, for example, that create content on these games for the first time on PC, and then see a sequel released exclusevly on PlayStation may feel inclined to buy a console to play the game at launch