Sony, no PC day and date til April 2027

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Try reading this

▪️PlayStation sees PC releases as opportunities for growth, not cannabilization

Basically it means the PC ports don't cannibalise console sales, so they will continue them

Cannibalisation is this sense means Day and Date.

Not happening.

Credit to Tigerfang.

Regarding DAY & DATE PC

FROM Live stream Q/A

Q: Do you consider the cannibalizing of console if you focus more on PC?

(Hideaki) A:

We can use PC as a way to grow our network numbers (refrences Ghost of Tushima Legends) & rather than looking at it as cannibalism, the customers might look into buying a PS5.

(Herman) A:

Our strategy remains to launch Live Service games simultaneously on PC & PS5, otherwise know as Day & Date.

for our Tentpole narrative driven single player games they will only launch on PS5. This might also lead to PC players buying the console to play a sequel of a game they had played on PC.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"Continued expansion of the install base"

Doesn't sound like PC day and date to me.
Helldivers 2 just sold more than Spider-man 2. Sony never drew a line of no day and date PC release, it just so happened that all their single player games were being already developed for PlayStation.

Anyone that would be upset by day one games should just jump ship already, it's 100% going to happen. 100%.

I don't like it at all as PlayStation fan but if there is actually no cannibalization like they claim (I doubt it's true but they seem to believe it) there is no justifiable reason to shareholder not to release game day and date on PC.

Too bad the people asking the questions didn't ask about stuff like piracy on PC, day and date release and the 30% Steam cut.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You guys don't get it, they won't make a fuss about it, they'll just do it, just like they started releasing GaaS games day one on PC or announcing games as PS5/PC games like Until Dawn and TLoU Pt 1. I remember when Hermen Hulst outline the entire PC strategy years ago on a interview for their blog while people were still in denial.

Sony doesn't see any problem with their release on PC, they don't think there is cannibalization, they don't think piracy is a problem, they don't see Steam's cut as a problem, they don't see a problem with online/cloud saving being charged on PlayStation and not on PC, they don't see a problem with PlayStation games only being playable on the go negatively on devices like the Steam Deck . Stop coping and just face reality.

They think "best place to Play" is just a slogan and PlayStation doesn't actually need to even attempt to be the best place to play. It's not even the best place to play most PlayStation games.

full Hermen quote

"We have a dual approach here, on the live service side we are releasing our titles simultaneously day in date on PlayStation 5 & PC but with our tentpole titles, our Singleplayer narrative driven titles, as you saw on the presentation the backbone of what PlayStation Studios has delivered in recent years and our history, we take a more strategic approach and we introduce our great franchises to new audiences. We're finding new audiences that are potentially going to be very interested in playing sequels on the PlayStation platform. We have high hopes that we are actually able to bring new players into PlayStation at large, but into PlayStation platforms specifically."

3 years ago passed since Days Gone PC release. So, here some people are still bitching that Sony is going day and date on PC with singleplayer games.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
these games are remakes tho, these don't have the same impact as brand new games like Spiderman 2, or Wolverine, for example
There is always an excuse, "These are remakes", "these are from Bungie", "these are GaaS", "these are indies", "these are second-party"...

As I said, day one PC is inevitably going to become the norm. Right now Sony seem completely satisfied with their PC results with pathetic sales, completely exposed to piracy and giving a 30% cut to Steam. All of those could be easily addressed by day one releases, Denuvo and their own store.

All future games are being developed in parallel for PC.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah, of course the hardcore PC enthusiasts will wait, but people who play these franchises for the first time, youtubers, for example, that create content on these games for the first time on PC, and then see a sequel released exclusevly on PlayStation may feel inclined to buy a console to play the game at launch
They need to slow their roll. Only put the PC port out 3-4 months before the sequel comes out on PS.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i think Sony will view exclusivity as an yearly thing moving forward, yeah, a 2022 game God Of War Ragnarok is coming to PC later this year, but in 2024 i can play Stellar Blade, Rise Of The Ronin, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, AstroBot and more on PS5, these games will only come to PC in 2026, by 2026, we'll have Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Ghost Of Tsushima 2, games that will only come to PC in 2028, and then in 2028 we'll have other games that will be PS only...

• brain
Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
There is always an excuse, "These are remakes", "these are from Bungie", "these are GaaS", "these are indies", "these are second-party"...

As I said, day one PC is inevitably going to become the norm.
may be, but it won't be right now, not in the next 4 years either...

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
yeah, of course the hardcore PC enthusiasts will wait, but people who play these franchises for the first time, youtubers, for example, that create content on these games for the first time on PC, and then see a sequel released exclusevly on PlayStation may feel inclined to buy a console to play the game at launch
Its always that one game that breaks the dam, I upgraded from ps4 about 6 months before ragnarok as FF16 was coming after it , those 2 games made me upgrade. Many people bought PS5's for stellar blade too and that is a new IP. Many people will buy PS5's for DS2 too

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cannibalisation is this sense means Day and Date.

Not happening.

Credit to Tigerfang.

Regarding DAY & DATE PC

FROM Live stream Q/A

Q: Do you consider the cannibalizing of console if you focus more on PC?

(Hideaki) A:

We can use PC as a way to grow our network numbers (refrences Ghost of Tushima Legends) & rather than looking at it as cannibalism, the customers might look into buying a PS5.

(Herman) A:

Our strategy remains to launch Live Service games simultaneously on PC & PS5, otherwise know as Day & Date.

for our Tentpole narrative driven single player games they will only launch on PS5. This might also lead to PC players buying the console to play a sequel of a game they had played on PC.
"the customers might look into buying a PS5"

That part was what I always feel about Sony porting old games to PC.
They released GoW on PC months before Ragnarok release on PS5... maybe there is the possibility of somebody liking it and buying a PS5/PS4 to play Ragnarok 🤷‍♂️

In that way of thinking... I guess a lot of people brought a PS5/PS4 to play TLOU Part 2 after the first released on PC.
More will happen when the Season 2 starts.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Helldivers 2 just sold more than Spider-man 2. Sony never drew a line of no day and date PC release, it just so happened that all their single player games were being already developed for PlayStation.

Anyone that would be upset by day one games should just jump ship already, it's 100% going to happen. 100%.

Exactly, it's not a matter of if but when. Right now they are testing the waters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Exactly, it's not a matter of if but when. Right now they are testing the waters
The overall trend is too obvious, only blind people can't see it:

Before 2019: "Never going to happen!"
2019: "It's just Death Stranding because Kojima already had a previous deal to publish on PC"
2020: "Horizon is just another Decima engine game"
2021: "They won't port the big IPs"
2022: "They won't port PS5 only games"
2023: "They'll never release day and date"
2024: "They'll never release AAA single player games day and date"
2025: "It's fine, it never bother me, PC is a different market, thank you Sony, you smart!"
2026: "Single player AAA games made no sense, only GaaS games are viable"
2027: "I refuse to buy games that are not on Steam."

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

They are testing the waters with SP games since 2021 started with Days Gone. And guess what is the answer? There will be no simultaneously release with a PC

Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They are testing the waters with SP games since 2021 started with Days Gone. And guess what is the answer? There will be no simultaneously release with a PC
Lol. They tested the waters and now every game is begin ported to PC, including Until Dawn being announced a PC/PS5 game.

Even PSVR2 games are going to be ported to PC apparently.

Until Dawn is a game from..... 2015!!!
Cope more. I doubt you were saying that about Demon's Souls in 2020 or Resident Evil 4 last year.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Yes testing how many PC gamers they can get to play the sequels on Playstation.

You honestly believe you will eventually be on the same priority as Playstation gamers?

Keep dreaming for Day 1.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Until Dawn is a IP from 2015. That's not coping. It is not a new game. WTF you are blabbing about
What are you going to do when they start releasing single player games day and date on PC? They are already releasing GaaS and announcing them as PC/PS5 games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box