Sony plans to bring PS+ to PC, browser, mobile and TVs

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Information from the Insomniac leak, they will greatly expand the current service like Xbox does.

GB4YfHrasAAsOy3
GB4J20paUAEaeMp

Last edited:
  • sad
  • angry
Reactions: toadsage44 and Diah

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Very Xbox lite of them. They should’ve made a PS + launcher for PC before they started giving away their PC games.

Reactions: Danja1187

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If they are all in on PC at least I hope we get crossbuy out of it. I had a feeling their unwavering commitment to porting PC games had to do with more than what we were seeing (cloud gaming is a lot easier with games running on PC).

Sony clearly believe that PlayStation isn't their future, or at the very least, isn't enough.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think it’s okay. This are 100% not native versions. Just Streaming games from Cloud. This could be also old targets, we know this documents are not from 2023. Jim Ryan is soon gone from PlayStation and so is his inferior legacy. With a new CEO comes a new wind.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i think it can be benefitial long term, as long as they reproduce it with intelligence, unlike MS is doing, new releases like Spiderman 2 only on the console for 1/2 years on Cloud, but only for console players (PS5, PS Portal owners) then it comes to PC and for Cloud Gaming on Smart TVs, Phones, and of course PC Cloud aswell, the Only On PlayStation days are over and no matter how much we don't like this idea, unfortunately, that's the future, as long as Sony executes it with intelligence (no day and date on PC/Cloud for new releases) console sales should remain strong.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Frozone

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
:ROFLMAO:

Anyone knows a way I can invest on Valve?

Edit: a bit short. Still, have some years to work with.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i think it can be benefitial long term, as long as they reproduce it with intelligence, unlike MS is doing, new releases like Spiderman 2 only on the console for 1/2 years on Cloud, but only for console players (PS5, PS Portal owners) then it comes to PC and for Cloud Gaming on Smart TVs, Phones, and of course PC Cloud aswell, the Only On PlayStation days are over and no matter how much we don't like this idea, unfortunately, that's the future, as long as Sony executes it with intelligence (no day and date on PC/Cloud for new releases) console sales should remain strong.
forgot to add, but if they're going to embrace Mobile too with Cloud versions, they should make them playable natively on iPhones too, like Capcom is doing with their Resident Evil games, there can be a huge market for these games on Mobile and they can sell a lot of copies there too, specially now that third party stores are going to be allowed on iOS, in the end PlayStation wins, and PlayStation console players will ALWAYS have benefits and play earlier than PC/Mobile/Cloud players, Sony values consumers that spend money on their products, unlike Microsoft.

Alfz007

20 Dec 2023
If they are all in on PC at least I hope we get crossbuy out of it. I had a feeling their unwavering commitment to porting PC games had to do with more than what we were seeing (cloud gaming is a lot easier with games running on PC).

Sony clearly believe that PlayStation isn't their future, or at the very least, isn't enough.
I thought they had banned you. How did you survive?

• haha
Reactions: Frozone

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Very Xbox lite of them. They should’ve made a PS + launcher for PC before they started giving away their PC games.
It's crazy how this was the logical financial decision to execute putting their games on PC and get they fumbled so bad. Let's them rent your stuff

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
3 tier system + this is very messy. Reminds me of Disney with its Hulu and ESPN packages.