Sony Pulse Explore Earbuds:Previews and reviews. "Absurdly Good Sound" (among the best wireless earbuds for music listening as well). I got mine!

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
@Gamernyc78 got his in deep blue, what color are you getting yours in?

images
If those fit your ears, you have bigger issues...

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

novotique

Icon Extra
15 Nov 2023

That they're very good gaming earbuds isn't surprising. However, that they're as good as they are for music listening is a revelation. In fact, after trying an early review sample in advance of the launch, I found that they sound clearer and more articulate than Sony's flagship WF-1000XM5 earbuds, with tight, powerful bass. That doesn't necessarily mean they sound better than XM5s, which sound a little fuller. But I wasn't expecting them to compete at all with the XM5s for music listening

And in my relatively brief experience with these buds so far, clarity and separation are easily the biggest strengths I’ve noticed. It’s easy to distinguish small details and individual sound effects, even during moments of chaotic action in RoboCop: Rogue City, and the Pulse Explore earbuds did a fantastic job of making me feel like I was smack dab right in the middle of Alan Wake 2’s eery world. Sony’s 3D audio tech is well represented, giving gaming environments a real feeling of depth and immersion. If you occasionally use these for music, that’s more of a mixed bag, as the tuning used here can be light on deep bass for any purposes beyond gaming. These won’t replace Sony’s 1000XM5 in anyone’s bag.
Hi all

I have the XM5s and the sound is amazing but I can’t wear them any longer than 10 mins. I have small ear canals. But wondering if the pulse are similar in the fit of the XM5. If so not sure I would go for the pulse earbuds to go with the PS Portal I will get soon.

Anyone experience with both headsets ?
😊

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hi all

I have the XM5s and the sound is amazing but I can’t wear them any longer than 10 mins. I have small ear canals. But wondering if the pulse are similar in the fit of the XM5. If so not sure I would go for the pulse earbuds to go with the PS Portal I will get soon.

😊
Don't they come with alternative ear tips?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Hi all

😊
You can get smaller plugs than the ones Sony includes, or even custom-fit ones if needed. You should probably look into them.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
article link

The first wireless earbuds from Sony’s PlayStation unit have unique planar magnetic drivers and an equally unique style.​

A photo of Sony’s Pulse Explore wireless earbuds.

Sony’s first pair of true wireless earbuds designed for the PlayStation 5 will arrive on shelves early next month, and I’ve been testing them out over the last couple of days. The $199.99 Pulse Explore earbuds offer lossless, ultra-low-latency audio when using the company’s new PlayStation Link wireless protocol. With most devices such as a PS5, PC, or Mac, that’ll require plugging in the included USB dongle. But Sony has baked support for PlayStation Link directly into its new PlayStation Portal handheld streaming gadget.
The Pulse Explore buds also support plain old Bluetooth, and in a super convenient twist, you can listen to audio over PS Link and Bluetooth simultaneously. So it’s effortless to take phone calls or listen to music on your phone in the middle of a long Spider-Man 2 session.

Sony has outfitted the Pulse Explore buds with planar magnetic drivers, which are far less common than the dynamic drivers found in the vast majority of earbuds. It’s not terribly surprising to see: Audeze, the headphone maker that Sony acquired earlier this year, specializes in planar magnetic driver technology. In the case of these earbuds, Sony says the Pulse Explore can “reproduce soundscapes with ultra-low distortion to deliver rich details and deep clear bass so you can hear exactly what the game developers intended.”And in my relatively brief experience with these buds so far, clarity and separation are easily the biggest strengths I’ve noticed. It’s easy to distinguish small details and individual sound effects, even during moments of chaotic action in RoboCop: Rogue City, and the Pulse Explore earbuds did a fantastic job of making me feel like I was smack dab right in the middle of Alan Wake 2’s eery world. Sony’s 3D audio tech is well represented, giving gaming environments a real feeling of depth and immersion. If you occasionally use these for music, that’s more of a mixed bag, as the tuning used here can be light on deep bass for any purposes beyond gaming. These won’t replace Sony’s 1000XM5 in anyone’s bag.

More at the link

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Looks like a headphone jack Bluetooth transmitter and the XM5s would be a better option for Portal, and a USB Bluetooth dongle for the PS5.
Yeah I'm not feeling the dongle aspect. I've ordered two though so I'll let everyone
Know on the 6th when I get it!