Sony signs agreement with MS to keep COD on PS

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Cant wait for Indiana Jones to fail. Would
love to see Disney call up Phil and be like “yall disgust me, im taking back my shit”
😂😂😂

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Cant wait for Indiana Jones to fail. Would
love to see Disney call up Phil and be like “yall disgust me, im taking back my shit”
😂😂😂
The new movie already bombed hard, making it Xbox exclusive ensure the game will bomb harder.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The new movie already bombed hard, making it Xbox exclusive ensure the game will bomb harder.
most action-adventure fans are on PS. it is no brainer to release those games on PS. of course it will bomb. xbox won't buy it much.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So many jim ryan defenders on this forum will continue to cheer him on as he run the brand into the ground. So glad I'm moving to PC so I can play all games and get away from the hivemind.
How does going to PC get you away from the hive mind? Jim is shit at some things but I really don't understand what he could have possibly done in this situation... But I forget everyone here is a legal expert who always know better and if anyone dares to not think the way you want them... = Hivemind.

You're still gonna be paying attention to Playstation and its fans when you make that switch to PC. All the best with that

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
most action-adventure fans are on PS. it is no brainer to release those games on PS. of course it will bomb. xbox won't buy it much.
Remember how well Rise of Tomb Raider did on Xbox? Pretty much sink the entire reboot and ended up with Crystal Dynamics being sold for peanuts and working as a support studio for MS on vaporware.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Remember how well Rise of Tomb Raider did on Xbox? Pretty much sink the entire reboot and ended up with Crystal Dynamics being sold for peanuts and working as a support studio for MS on vaporware.
that was fiasco. SE east didn't even knew about that deal :D

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So many jim ryan defenders on this forum will continue to cheer him on as he run the brand into the ground. So glad I'm moving to PC so I can play all games and get away from the hivemind.
I relate to it, my problem is that PC is full of distractions, stutter, bad ports, hackers, endless settings, digital only.

I came to PlayStation from PC, I think they complement each other well and it's sad that Sony doesn't seem to get it. Playing AAA games on PlayStation are a lot better in my experience.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
lol,
Some of you are going to have a hard time when the gen is done and Jim had the most successful run in SIE history as a PlayStation CEO.

Boohoo Jim did not do what you wanted him to, the man just got ms to capitulate from just 3 years of COD to 10 years of COD.
As far as MS-ABK goes, I believe he acted as anyone in his position would. That's their job. I think he did the best he could from my current intake of the situation. And yeah, 3 years instead of 10, good I guess. If MS can't alter the mtx split, Sony can grift their % from it and keep the marketshare for cod for at least 10 years. That makes sense.

The other stuff is largely coasting on PS4 turn around, slowly missing opportunities and making missteps since at least when Layden left.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
As far as MS-ABK goes, I believe he acted as anyone in his position would. That's their job. I think he did the best he could from my current intake of the situation. And yeah, 3 years instead of 10, good I guess. If MS can't alter the mtx split, Sony can grift their % from it and keep the marketshare for cod for at least 10 years. That makes sense.

The other stuff is largely coasting on PS4 turn around, slowly missing opportunities and making missteps since at least when Layden left.
People too much stock into Layden. The guy left without even saying bye to yall, all he did was try to be a mini Phil Spencer.
How much control did Layden have over SIE with House still around?
From my understanding he and Jim reported to House, when House left Jim and Layden fought for power for a few months with Jim ending up on top as it would turn out.

Layden is overvalued in some of your eyes.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
People too much stock into Layden. The guy left without even saying bye to yall, all he did was try to be a mini Phil Spencer.
How much control did Layden have over SIE with House still around?
From my understanding he and Jim reported to House, when House left Jim and Layden fought for power for a few months with Jim ending up on top as it would turn out.

Layden is overvalued in some of your eyes.
Thank You! He's also bestie's with Phil Spencer. He's the same one who invited Phil Spencer to the California HQ. He also wanted to stop doing 3rd party exclusives but nobody' talks about these things. He did some stuff right when it came to nurturing WWS devs and their visions and he was good at getting out there and interacting with the audience... But I have no doubt if he had won over Jim we'd be in a worse position..