Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Feb already stacked too. Someone said if trye "weak year for PlayStation" 😂😂
That would probably be me haha.

Im waiting for the ND Game, Cory Balrog game, Miyazaki Exclusive. Sucker punch, MediaMolecule, Bluepoint announcements.
Concord might be awesome, but its not a strong year unless PS studio big boys are releasing games.
Imagine waiting till 2025 to get your next exclusive from them….That like 2 years before the PS6 lol.

I just wish the other studios had the same output as Insomniac.
Not saying its a bad year as ROR And Death stranding 2 are coming with Concord, but I want more from the PS studios. Im waiting for that Bloodborne moment

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
idk, I think I'm just jaded with fake leaks, you know? and this line up for a state of play is so fantastic, almost unbelievable.
It being mostly games we have already seen makes it not too hard to believe. Like seriously do we need to see Helldivers 2 again… didnt it have its own show already or some long ass gameplay clip.

I normally dont believe the types that say Bloodborne sequel, Space RPG from Sony lol. This is along more believable

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Awesome news. Will watch the State of Play when I get home from work. Hoping for a Stellar Blade release date.

Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That would probably be me haha.

Im waiting for the ND Game, Cory Balrog game, Miyazaki Exclusive. Sucker punch, MediaMolecule, Bluepoint announcements.
Concord might be awesome, but its not a strong year unless PS studio big boys are releasing games.
Imagine waiting till 2025 to get your next exclusive from them….That like 2 years before the PS6 lol.

I just wish the other studios had the same output as Insomniac.
Not saying its a bad year as ROR And Death stranding 2 are coming with Concord, but I want more from the PS studios. Im waiting for that Bloodborne moment
Blame the cry babies at E3 talking about Sony shows stuff to far out, meanwhile.... We get Hellblade 2 four years in a row 😂

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Blame the cry babies at E3 talking about Sony shows stuff to far out, meanwhile.... We get Hellblade 2 four years in a row 😂
Damn them cry babies Lol.
I always like being shown stuff that was far out. Same as the movie industry, they dont care about talking about projects just starting years away.

We’ve been shown Wolverine in 2021, which will probably be a 2025 game. I dont believe they are gonna do a TLOU1 Remake and release games quickly after being show. Hermen probably just fucked up or cancelled a bunch of games

Last edited:
Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Damn them cry babies Lol.
I always like being shown stuff that was far out. Same as the movie industry, they dont care about talking about projects just starting years away.

We’ve been shown Wolverine in 2021, which will probably be a 2025 game. I dont believe they are gonna do a TLOU1 Remake and release games quickly after being show. Hermen probably just fucked upor cancelled a bunch of games
Me too, part of E3 was for that!

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The announcement of the SoP mentions two first party games: Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin. So we have confirmed that at least two of the more than 15 gaames will be 1st party. A week after the even there's another first party release, Helldivers 2. So very likely it will have a launch trailer there. There's also the Death Stranding 2 and Until Dawn rumors, which also are 1st party.

There are also other first party games announced to be released this year, like Concord, Lost Soul Aside or Convallaria. They may also show some non-2024 game like Marathon or Wolverine.

Pretty likely there will be PSVR2 (confirmed) and 3rd party exclusives (FFVIIR releases less than a month later) plus some indie and some 2024 multiplatform game with marketing deal.
Don’t expect Wolverine here. That’s how you get your expectations crushed.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The announcement of the SoP mentions two first party games: Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin. So we have confirmed that at least two of the more than 15 gaames will be 1st party. A week after the even there's another first party release, Helldivers 2. So very likely it will have a launch trailer there. There's also the Death Stranding 2 and Until Dawn rumors, which also are 1st party.

There are also other first party games announced to be released this year, like Concord, Lost Soul Aside or Convallaria. They may also show some non-2024 game like Marathon or Wolverine.

Pretty likely there will be PSVR2 (confirmed) and 3rd party exclusives (FFVIIR releases less than a month later) plus some indie and some 2024 multiplatform game with marketing deal.
I think it'll be a while before wolverine is ready. I wouldn't expect to hear much from Sony's upper-tier first party studios until later this year.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
This has a chance to be much better than last year’s PS showcase. But that’s not saying much. Lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Virtua Tennis is a drug, no clue why Sega didn't bring it back.

Was just talking about Tennis as a sport rising in popularity.
I know, but I literally came across the VT2 arcade a few days ago and thought Id drop that in lol
uploaded file is too big to share though

Reactions: Gamernyc78