Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Games built for VR only are different and feel gimmicky to me. If VR mode is an option and the whole game can be played wo it these games tend to be better. Judas looks interesting though.
Do not agree but I'll take both. Astrobot Rescue mission was far from gimmicky there are many others where you can see it benefits from being created just for VR. Astrobot Rescue Mission is actually my fav platformer out of all platformers.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Games built for VR only are different and feel gimmicky to me. If VR mode is an option and the whole game can be played wo it these games tend to be better. Judas looks interesting though.
You should try Half Life.

I think its great news for PSVR2.
PS needs some VR only games aswell as games like GT7 and RE8 etc
Otherwise I wouldnt care about a 3rd party multiplatform game being show, who cares, that doesnt need to take up space on a PS show

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Otherwise I wouldnt care about a 3rd party multiplatform game being show, who cares, that doesnt need to take up space on a PS show
I have tried it.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

But this will not be exclusive for PSVR 2 right? Maybe timed exclusivity? In any case, I think the PSVR 2 sold too poorly for Sony to continiue investing in VR.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
But this will not be exclusive for PSVR 2 right? Maybe timed exclusivity? In any case, I think the PSVR 2 sold too poorly for Sony to continiue investing in VR.
Thts what everyone thought and said with PSVR1 and here we are. People will revise history and say they didnt say tht then but there's many past threads on tht narrative being pushed :)

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Do not agree but I'll take both. Astrobot Rescue mission was far from gimmicky there are many others where you can see it benefits from being created just for VR. Astrobot Rescue Mission is actually my fav platformer out of all platformers.
VR games def have a future, they are not there yet tough, I would give it 5-10 more years. My jaw hit the floor when I tried Gran Turismo with the PSVR2. Red Matter 2 was also great and Horizonn Call of the Mountain was good initially, but turned into a climbing sim shortly thereafter ( I hate climbing in games).

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They are retarded if they thought the titles they have brought over will be enough. They must invest more

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Thts what everyone thought and said with PSVR1 and here we are. People will revise history and say theydidnt say tht then but there's many past threads on tht narrative being pushed :)
I would much rather see them invest in proper handhelds like PS Vita used to be. The VR space is still a niche market, although competiton is definitely there. The games are the weakest point for PSVR 2 (lack thereof, especially exclusive titles).

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Of course, it was dope.
Thats why they need more Like that.
They should of invested big money into there top guys to make extra VR studios and games. Not some random studios to use there IPS like Horizon.
Santa Monica, ND, Insomniac, hell throw some money at Kojima too. Miyazaki again etc. Give Supermassive a bigger budget for another title and even David Cage. Id love to have seen something like Detroit in VR

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would much rather see them invest in proper handhelds like PS Vita used to be. The VR space is still a niche market, although competiton is definitely there. The games are the weakest point for PSVR 2 (lack thereof, especially exclusive titles).
I would love a PSP3 but I dont want to get into that discussion again lol.
They just need to wait to have the tech to have there entire PS5/PS4 library into a handheld otherwise it cant compete with Switch 2. Nintendo had all there studios make games into one eco system, not split it by 2 and its done fantastic for them