Veteran
8 May 2023
Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS1 was a darker grey, no?
This looks more like a PSOne themed PS5 to me.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It seems like @Jim Ryan was not fired after all and Sony is grateful for his contributions. Let's put these rumours to rest ❤️

I know y'all are dying for that Jim Ryan thank you cookie 😛
@JAHGamer @Satoru @nongkris

They need to make that PS1-PS5 an official SKU. I would buy it right away.

Well deserved. He obviously wasn't fired, it would be dumb to fire the most successful console maker CEO in gaming history. We already knew he retired because of at his age jet lag affects him too much.

That conmemorative DualSense is great, even the USB cable has a PS1 shaped connector. Nice to see there people like Kazunori Yamauchi from Gran Turismo. He was in Barcelona this week due to some GT7 eSports offline tournaments.

If someone offers you a Jim Ryan cookie, you're legally allowed to beat them up

GAvDkm6WoAAHqKH

In similar goodbye parties I saw themed cakes, but not cookies. It must be some kind of inside joke.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Well deserved. He obviously wasn't fired, it would be dumb to fire the most successful console maker CEO in gaming history. We already knew he retired because of at his age jet lag affects him too much.

That conmemorative DualSense is great, even the USB cable has a PS1 shaped connector.

Bro remove your lips, or you'll be eating that recycled Jim Ryan cookie in 5 mins.

Guy walked into a cushy position off the back of PS4, made some bad choices himself whilst not changing direction on others, and parachuted out. Stuff like fighting ABK, anyone in his position would have had to do/would have done too.

"Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbyeee"

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I am also throwing my own "Jim Ryan Going Away" party.
BYOB, I am a poor.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Brought big money to Sony and proved that they can still have massive success while porting their games to PC due to their strong brand.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Guy walked into a cushy position off the back of PS4, made some bad choices himself whilst not changing direction on others, and parachuted out. Stuff like fighting ABK, anyone in his position would have had to do/would have done too.
Most of the 'bad choices' you accuse him, like the PC ports or investing harder in GaaS, were taken before he was CEO. In large corporations strategical long term decisions when things go well are kept even if the CEO changes. And aren't taken because of whim, they have a big team who make all sorts of market research etc. to try to make sure they take the best data-driven decisions.

And a big portion of the PS1-PS4 success was thanks to being extremely successful in Europe, where he was in charge. PlayStation is the only gaming platform where their biggest market is -and has been at least since PS3, first time I remember to see these numbers- Europe. Pretty likely they put him as CEO because of that.