Sony throws a thank you party to celebrate Jim Ryan

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I am glad he is gone but probs to Sony for giving him a farewell party. A nice gift Jim did receive.
Next year is PlayStation’s 30th anniversary. They will probably offer this PS One themed Plates and Dualsense to honor this.
That PS1 themed console will be how they get launch model owners to buy a slim.
I'm not buying an entire new console but plates and a DualSense controller would be instant buy for me

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Uh hopefully Newcastle win the match in next Thursday, 5 nil above too.

You can do it mate, make sure Jim Ryan got a great farewell party

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
And some clowns were really thinking the guy got fired and not that he was leaving because he wanted lol
This just reinforces my thinking that the Jim Ryan hate bandwagon is something the xbots created and the ps fanbase bought into because they’re too guillible.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
And some clowns were really thinking the guy got fired and not that he was leaving because he wanted lol
This just reinforces my thinking that the Jim Ryan hate bandwagon is something the xbots created and the ps fanbase bought into because they’re too guillible.
They are obviously throwing his party as a distraction to hide the dire reality, open your eyes man!
Well, seems like I was wrong. Glad to see that playstation rewards mediocrity:

- failed PC strategy
- fewer first party games than a decade ago
- failed partnerships with 3rd party studios (cancelled deviation game, absolute failure with forspoken, etc)
- 3B spent in Bungie, which has been a nightmare

But he broke sales records of the back of other people's pre established success, so he's amazing
Not gonna get into list wars, but I don't think you make any sense.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Well, seems like I was wrong. Glad to see that playstation rewards mediocrity:

- failed PC strategy
- fewer first party games than a decade ago
- failed partnerships with 3rd party studios (cancelled deviation game, absolute failure with forspoken, etc)
- 3B spent in Bungie, which has been a nightmare

But he broke sales records of the back of other people's pre established success, so he's amazing

But previous ones didn't even had a PC strategy, though. So, Jim automatically made more money there. Also, under Jim there were more acquisitions than previous CEO did ( Bungie, Bluepoint, Fabrik, Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, Housemarque, Insomniac, Nixxes, Valkyrie... Etc) and clossed LESS studios ( Pixelopus, Man. Studio, Japan Studio) , than previous ones ( Studio Liverpool, Zipper, Incognito, Guerrilla Cambridge, Evolution, Bigbig).

Also, you can't blame Sony for Forspoken. It was Squenix idea and it is their game. 3rd party deals can fail. Look at Street Fighter V. Sony made an exclusive deal, but look how Capcom developed a barebone game at the beginning and they were rightfully called out for that.

• brain
Reactions: Box and The Icon

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
It seems like @Jim Ryan was not fired after all and Sony is grateful for his contributions. Let's put these rumours to rest ❤️

I know y'all are dying for that Jim Ryan thank you cookie 😛
@JAHGamer @Satoru @nongkris

They need to make that PS1-PS5 an official SKU. I would buy it right away.

I don't like the dude but he is just an businessman, doing business things.

He is not try to be friendly or hypeman PR gaffe, narcisstitic, waiting for career-moment likr Philly boi.

Some people just so obesses with him

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Any exec would have fought the ABK deal. How could you not? PS feared that their biggest money maker could be taken away. It would not surprise me if Sony shareholders supported Jim fighting it. He was almost successful, if it wasn’t for that Judge who’s son works for MS, the incompetence of the FTC, and the CMA going back on their word at the last minute.

Wait does this mean Sonys first party output isn’t significant?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Wait does this mean Sonys first party output isn’t significant?
Singleplayer is making much profits comparing to gaas game.

Some kid play fortnite putting 10 US Dollars(my guess, idk how much it costs) to buy skins that is way less effort and budget to make than a 70 USdollars AAA game costing 200 million US dollars to make.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But previous ones didn't even had a PC strategy, though. So, Jim automatically made more money there. Also, under Jim there were more acquisitions than previous CEO did ( Bungie, Bluepoint, Fabrik, Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, Housemarque, Insomniac, Nixxes, Valkyrie... Etc) and clossed LESS studios ( Pixelopus, Man. Studio, Japan Studio) , than previous ones ( Studio Liverpool, Zipper, Incognito, Guerrilla Cambridge, Evolution, Bigbig).

Also, you can't blame Sony for Forspoken. It was Squenix idea and it is their game. 3rd party deals can fail. Look at Street Fighter V. Sony made an exclusive deal, but look how Capcom developed a barebone game at the beginning and they were rightfully called out for that.

I don't play PC ports, and I don't play studio acquisitions.

Also, some of those studio closures were with him in charge of Europe AFAIR, so there's that.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Jim is a legend in the industry no doubt. Sorry for those of you who are insecure PS games get on PC 2 years later. In reality PS is more successful than it's ever been, thanks to this wonderful human.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
idc how he went out, im just glad that he's gone 😂 good riddance

sidenote - this PS1 themed PS5 with the ps1 controller wire attached is beautiful

GAvDkm5WwAAYnLT
Please for the love of God let this controller out into the market. That dualsense got money maker written all over it.