Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
That's kind of odd, is it not their property?
Sony does own the IP now, probably was part of the overall deal... Sony get's the IP, Kojima gets extra money from PC release w/ outside publishing.

And a lot sooner than Sony is porting anything over. Keep in mind this was pre-horizon being ported.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes, the sales and money is so great where you're at that they're coming to us with your games begging us to buy them.

You guys need a reality check.

Why have they excluded titles... Death Stranding appears no where there and that clearly made it to six figures also.

Sony is begging you for peanuts when they make billions.

80 million on PC > 24.9 billion on Console. Sure we need a reality check.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Swift_Star

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Sony is begging you for peanuts when they make billions.

80 million on PC > 24.2 billion on Console. Sure we need a reality check.
And yet they are.

p09mtm0n.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
One of Sony's answers IS more multiplatform titles, from the thing ethomaz posted:

accelerating the roll-out of live game services and multi-platform titles through synergies with the studios we have acquired.

They are accelerating their plans for multi-platform titles... and I wouldn't be shocked if that also included PC ports of old games because they are pretty damn easy to get out there vs. new content.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hard to say if that has anything to do with PC ports, but they did buy a PC port company.
That is related to Bungie and its live services (aka Destiny).
It is about live services games already existent not new ones.

I mean I don't remember the others Studios they brought having live services games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why have they excluded titles... Death Stranding appears no where there and that clearly made it to six figures also.
Because Sony can list only games published by them ;)
Death Stranding was not published by Sony on PC... it revenue shows in other company financial... not Sony.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That is related to Bungie and its live services (aka Destiny).
It is about live services games already existent not new ones.

I mean I don't remember the others Studios they brought having live services games.
It doesn't say that it says live game services AND multiplatform games. The and is very important as it directly infers IN ADDITION TO.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
C'mon guys.

Games on PC with revenue lower than $500m won't help with the issue Sony talked in the Q1 FY2022.
They are oblivious relying on PS5 to increase engagement... they even talk about that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It doesn't say that it says live game services AND multiplatform games. The and is very important as it directly infers IN ADDITION TO.
That quote is about "accelerating the roll-out".
That is something already exists.
Only Bungie bring a multiplatform live service game to PlayStation if I'm not forgetting any other.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: DynamiteCop

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
C'mon guys.

Games on PC with revenue lower than $500m won't help with the issue Sony talked in the Q1 FY2022.
They are oblivious relying on PS5 to increase engagement... they even talk about that.
PC is a growing market for them. When Microsoft made their PC push adoption was a slow burn, now it's a large money maker. This is a game of time, not what if.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Uhh... what?

"accelerating the roll-out"

Of live service and multi-platform games.

This is about new games, and explicitly NOT about existing ones.
That part is about new games... "we are working to strengthen our first-party software by creating new IP".

"Accelerating roll-out"... "synergy"... is about how Sony is integrating these games in PlayStation... games that come from puschases.

• thinking_hard

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That quote is about "accelerating the roll-out".
That is something already exists.
Only Bungie bring a multiplatform live service game to PlayStation if I'm not forgetting any other.
Incorrect, it clearly states they're increasing (accelerating) the roll out of both live service games and multiplatform games via synergies (support and partnerships) with newly aquired studios. This has a heavy implication on both Bungie and Nixxes for current and future projects.

Who do you think is porting Spiderman?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PC is a growing market for them. When Microsoft made their PC push adoption was a slow burn, now it's a large money maker. This is a game of time, not what if.
But it is unrelated to Sony actions to increase engagement on PlayStation.
That is what the OP is talking.
PC with that tiny revenue won't help in anything right now.

Reactions: Muddasar

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
That part is about new games... "we are working to strengthen our first-party software by creating new IP".

"Accelerating roll-out"... "synergy"... is about how Sony is integrating these games in PlayStation... games that come from puschases.
They said "and" between those statements.

2 different things...

They are quite literally saying they want to release multi-platform games sooner than they had previously planned.. I'm really not sure why you are trying to argue against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.