Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Your English skills are failing you here my friend.

Roll-out implies things yet to be released..
It can be or not... we will see.
But like I said that has nothing related to the actions the OP talks... because the actions are for the second-half of 2022 (normal calendar).
These are a live services game to release this FY but from what Sony showed it will probably come only in Jan-Mar.

Probably Factions? Bungie new live service is probably not near to release.
And I don't believe Haven has anything outside paper right now.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
It can be or not... we will see.
But like I said that has nothing related to the actions the OP talks... because the actions are for the second-half of 2022 (normal calendar).
These are a live services game to release this FY but from what Sony showed it will probably come only in Jan-Mar.

Probably Factions? Bungie new live service is probably not near to release.
And I don't believe Haven has anything outside paper right now.
The quote is not just about live-service games.

Again.. "and" has a meaning. "and multi-platform games"

And no, "roll-out" can't refer to games already... rolled-out. It's about things not released.. hence the point of "Accelerating".. literally NOTHING in that statement is about existing releases it's about accelerating their plans for new releases.

I'm super confused about the rest of your argument... these are all statements in regards to what Sony is going to do in response to their lagging numbers... since when were we only talking about second-half of 2022?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The quote is not just about live-service games.

Again.. "and" has a meaning. "and multi-platform games"

And no, "roll-out" can't refer to games already rollled-out.

I'm super confused about the rest of your argument... these are all statements in regards to what Sony is going to do in response to their lagging numbers... since when were we only talking about second-half of 2022?
Nope… these are speeches in a presentations with different topics… the text I posted is a transcript.

The actions to increase engagement is the 3rd paragraph.

“Taking this situation into account, we intend to take action to increase user engagement in the second half of the fiscal year, during which major titles including first party software are scheduled to be released, primarily by increasing the supply of PlayStation®5 (“PS5™”) hardware and promoting the new PlayStation Plus service.”

That is what the OP article is talking.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
That's $80 million more than the $0 they were making before on PC ports.

Then this year that's $220 million more than the year before (expected.)

And on and on.

That's the point of going into new markets.. it's new money. Sony clearly believes this money more than offsets the investment and any chance of cannibalizing PS5 sales. Likely because anyone who would jump ship to PC probably wasn't buying anything but a few exclusives anyways... like any PC gamer I know with a Playstation.

Also.. they are just porting old games at this point lol Sony is clearly thinking day 1 is a bad idea.. this is a measured action by them to increase profit... even if it sells a few less PS5s.

Can companies be wrong? Sure.. but.. they also have the data, have done extensive surveys, talked to analysts, etc. so you are just saying you know better than this massive company w/ a lot more data points.

As with any new-ish strategy that strays far from a traditional (and successful) model, I think it will take time to see any profound positive or negative impact. Yes, Sony did the research but the quest for ever increasing profits with game companies is not always a beneficial thing.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Nope… these are speeches in a presentations with different topics… the text I posted is a transcript.

The actions to increase engagement is the 3rd paragraph.

“Taking this situation into account, we intend to take action to increase user engagement in the second half of the fiscal year, during which major titles including first party software are scheduled to be released, primarily by increasing the supply of PlayStation®5 (“PS5™”) hardware and promoting the new PlayStation Plus service.”
He's right, "and" in the context of live game services "and" multiplatform games directly infers "in addition to".

And is functioning as a separation. Don't argue English with native speakers, you'll lose.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He's right, "and" in the context of live game services "and" multiplatform games directly infers "in addition to".

And is functioning as a separation. Don't argue English with native speakers, you'll lose.
And with the time I turn out right lol
Happened a lot in GAF.

So let the time show you 🤷‍♂️

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com

OK.

It's clearly a strategy to increase their revenue/profit soon.. hence accelerating.

And you posted it in this thread... so honestly just not even sure why it matters if it has directly to do with PS5 engagement.. I said in my post you just quoted "lagging numbers".. it's all statements to try to tell investors what they are going to do to try not to have their yearly outlook plummet for the Playstation business (which now includes more than just console releases.)

If it doesn't relate to the OP you only have yourself to blame for posting it in the first place LOL

Also literally none of that had to do with second half of Calendar 2022 lol You keep saying that, but the thing you quoted mentions second-half of the fiscal year.. so first half of next year.

Either way they are saying they want to release multi-platform games sooner. AKA changing plans in regards to these releases to "accelerate' them.

Reactions: ethomaz

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Where is the "proof" games like God of War were pirated more than they sold anyways?

I personally haven't pirated a PC game since I was basically a kid lol Mid 90s.

The world of piracy is a weird ass place too as people download stuff just to then "seed" it.. then people love to brag about how much data they've given out to pirates. Beyond the factor that many people wouldn't have bought a game at all, the numbers are padded by weirdos in the "piracy community."

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Honestly that's exactly the reason why they pirate.

After blowing their entire bank account on a rig they have to make amends elsewhere.
Devs like Sony that release single player games on PC and don't even bother with Denuvo aren't even trying. It is still very surprising for me that Sony of all publisher would be the one that wouldn't bother with DRM makes no sense to me.

They have a platform that is virtually piracy proof and becoming more digital only (so they don't have to worry about used games), so they then decide to release their games on PC without bothering to even protect them and just allowed it to be cracked day 1. It's like Sony just looking for more reasons to justify them moving to GaaS development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Where is the "proof" games like God of War were pirated more than they sold anyways?

There is none. If I'm being honest I'd wager piracy is considerably less rampant than it used to be even with far more people on the platform.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Devs like Sony that release single player games on PC and don't even bother with Denuvo aren't even trying. It is still very surprising for me that Sony of all publisher would be the one that wouldn't bother with DRM makes no sense to me.

They have a platform that is virtually piracy proof and becoming more digital only (so they don't have to worry about used games), so they then decide to release their games on PC without bothering to even protect them and just allowed it to be cracked day 1. It's like Sony just looking for more reasons to justify them moving to GaaS development.

That's the main reason I am not in favour of single players releasing on PC.

The Multi platform live service games I have no issues.

Having no DRM on these single player games will also encourage some playstation gamers to move to PC.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
That's the main reason I am not in favour of single players releasing on PC.

The Multi platform live service games I have no issues.

Having no DRM on these single player games will also encourage some playstation gamers to move to PC.
Delaying the PC version and releasing it with Denuvo would take care of pretty much all the negative effects of piracy. If a game gets cracked a year later it doesn't matter much anymore, but when a single player game get cracked day 1 it kills it's sales.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Yes, the sales and money is so great where you're at that they're coming to us with your games begging us to buy them.

You guys need a reality check.

Why have they excluded titles... Death Stranding appears no where there and that clearly made it to six figures also.
So they're getting PC guys to buy our leftovers for a little extra change, it's no big deal

Consoles are king

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The world of piracy is a weird ass place too as people download stuff just to then "seed" it.. then people love to brag about how much data they've given out to pirates. Beyond the factor that many people wouldn't have bought a game at all, the numbers are padded by weirdos in the "piracy community."
Some uses the numbers of downloaded torrents (that should be way lower than actual piracy) that are several millions.
It is hard to know because torrents are decentralized... so a torrent server in US have different statistics of a torrent server in BR... the package/files are different est due the cracking and the languages that makes torrent servers threat it as different packages.

Let's say people only look at the biggest torrent sites stats with the most downloaded package of GoW.

BTW GoW launched already cracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.