Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Good luck waiting for games after 2+ years lol

That is the single thing that holds me back. I want to play Spiderman 2 on release so I'm keeping my Playstation for now. But I have tons of things to play on my backlog and right now Playstation doesn't have that many games coming out that I need to play day one.

Reactions: Bryank75

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That is the single thing that holds me back. I want to play Spiderman 2 on release so I'm keeping my Playstation for now. But I have tons of things to play on my backlog and right now Playstation doesn't have that many games coming out that I need to play day one.

PC and PS5 is the best combo in my opinion. Thats what I have.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't own stock, but Sony has delivered. I can understand if you are not into what they are releasing. But the fact of the matter is they are making money, their games are selling, and they have a plan going forward for games that underperform. Which is PC and their service.

When the games we like stop showing then you can raise your pitchforks and be concerned. But currently they are releasing spiderman 2 this year, Wolverine next year, on top of tons of other titles.

Naughty Dog being behind sucks, but it is a 343 style of a fuck up that im glad sony is intervening on internally. Right now all tech companies and companies are hurting because of the recession we are in.

Team Asobi's new titles are not just Astrobot stuff.

I don't like all the GAAS talk as well, but what would you rather see? Would you rather see Sony mandate Sucker Punch, Santa Monica to make GAAS titles? Or make games they want, and use other studios that have more expeiernce making those titles so maybe they get a home run with one of them to get money on a consistent basis from a project budgeted for 40-50 million as opposed to a AAA single player game that cost 4 times as much.

With them going the route of owning GAAS studios, they then can have those help their other studios should they venture out to something knew or add a MP mode to their giant big budget game.

Sony is doing what they need to do, but acting like the sky is falling after one showcase or fear mongering because they are investing in other ventures is just peak cringe.
Miles Morales was already pretty boring to me. I'm not hyped for Spider-man 2 or Wolverine.

Death Streaming 2 will release on PC in no time and so will FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth, games that are not even Sony's.

What do you actually lose by going with a RX4070 instead of PS5? You'll make your money back by not buying games for $70 day one.

The only valid argument against PC right now is the low quality of ports and having to wait because Sony pays devs to delay their games on PC.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Miles Morales was already pretty boring to me. I'm not hyped for Spider-man 2 or Wolverine.

Death Streaning 2 will release on PC in no time and so will FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth, games that are not even Sony's.

So what do you want then? Sounds like PS5 is not for you. Sell it move on and let people who enjoy it. I like what they make, I also like double dipping. I like Currently the optimized versions of FF games on PS5 more than their PC versions since so far their PC versions have been ass.

Also I was able to play Valkyrie Elysium on PS5 and I thought it was surprisingly good.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So what do you want then? Sounds like PS5 is not for you. Sell it move on and let people who enjoy it. I like what they make, I also like double dipping. I like Currently the optimized versions of FF games on PS5 more than their PC versions since so far their PC versions have been ass.

Also I was able to play Valkyrie Elysium on PS5 and I thought it was surprisingly good.
I want good games unique to PlayStation like I always got. Bloodborne, TLoU, Uncharted, SotC, Until Dawn, Persona 5, etc, that made it pretty easy to justify investing into their ecosystem instead of just playing on PC.

Valkyrie Elysium release on PC 2 months after releasing on PlayStation (and at least here it's cheaper to buy on PC).

Last edited:
Reactions: rofif and Puff

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So they port once it stops selling on console.

I think this is the mostly the strategy for both ps extra and most pc port jobs.

However I think pc ports would also need to be moderate successes on console to even be potentially ported…

Reactions: AshHunter216

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
My PS+ Extra expires in a few months, might be it for me as far as PlayStation at this rate.

So don't buy it on console and it will get included on PS+ faster and released on PC. Congratulations Sony...
If that's what you think go ahead. lmao

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
This is gonna BOMB on PC. They should have ported it to the Switch if they wanted it to have some success. What a clueless company.

GT7 is the only games that should have been ported to PC, along with MLB.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is gonna BOMB on PC. They should have ported it to the Switch if they wanted it to have some success. What a clueless company.

GT7 is the only games that should have been ported to PC, along with MLB.

Not even GT7.... I'd say MLB and Dreams.

GT7 doesn't need to go head to head with pure sim racers. The PC crowd would just use it to shit on GT.

• brain
Reactions: nongkris and SSfox

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PC get's free online, all PlayStation games, all Xbox games, PC games, emulators (including Switch games running better than on the Switch) multiple stores competing for their money, option to play their games on the go, generally cheaper games.

We are one stutter fix away from there being no competition.

GT7 doesn't need to go head to head with pure sim racers. The PC crowd would just use it to shit on GT.
You think Jimbo or Hermen are thinking about that? What is taking long is probably just Polyphony being slow to port it.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Neat! I’m curious to see the minimum requirements.

One more title that will get ignored by PC players.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Absolutely right about Dreams! That' should have day and date on PC. Dreams had so much potential but wasted.

I think GT7 would find a good audience there but MLB not being there is still so puzzling to me.