Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Now we find out about the SSD claims and how much of it was bullshit. Master waiters are going to pirate this day one and stutter their way to the end using HDDs.

The entire PlayStation strategy for this gen stinks and it's pretty much the hardware team and a few devs doing all the work to make the console successful.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
For The PlayStation Players
70s-show-crying.gif

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Now we find out about the SSD claims and how much of it was bullshit. Master waiters are going to pirate this day one and stutter their way to the end using HDDs.

The entire PlayStation strategy for this gen stinks and it's pretty much the hardware team and a few devs doing all the work to make the console successful.

WOW, these hot takes.........

Reactions: Vertigo

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Very cool to see this coming to Steam. Steam is really lacking for all-ages games at the AAA level. This is gonna blow away something like Yooka-Laylee.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Everything.......

It's your opinion that the strat stinks. Under Jim they are making more money than they have ever. PC is bringing in money for them.
Oh, so you are making money too? I'm just someone who likes games, I don't own Sony stocks.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You do understand that returnal, for example, requires an extortionate amount of ram and / or an SSD to run proper? Same as Last of Us?

Insomniac confirmed a while back the game streams like 3GB/s or so, and PC SSDs have caught up, so its only normal that the game could run there. Problem is, how well, and what are the full requirements.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You do understand that returnal, for example, requires an extortionate amount of ram and / or an SSD to run proper? Same as Last of Us?

Insomniac confirmed a while back the game streams like 3GB/s or so, and PC SSDs have caught up, so its only normal that the game could run there. Problem is, how well, and what are the full requirements.
RAM is cheap even I have 16GB of RAM on my PC.

PS5 is becoming a PC with limited library, paid online and PS+.

Due to the ever evolving nature of PC, we'll eventually get past the current hardware slump and it will just brute force it's way into running every PS5 game better than the PS5 even at modest budgets. Sony is digging their own grave.

Reactions: nongkris

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart comes to PC July 26, as Nixxes Software collaborates with Insomniac Games to bring the interdimensional adventure to ultrawide screen monitors everywhere.

Developed by Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was originally released for PS5 in June 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah, I agree with this. They will manage to release more games on PC than PS5 this year. I'm honestly going to sell my PS5 and just be done with it.
Right now FFXVI is the only thing holding me back from selling my PS and putting that money towards a GPU upgrade and just turning my back on PlayStation. So it all comes down to Sony paying Square Enix to delay their releases on other platform, that is the "value" Sony is providing right now.

If DX12 didn't suck so much going with PC being a much better option wouldn't even be up for debate.

PS5 only makes sense now if you go all in of PS+ and PSVR2. Makes me feel like a sucker if I pay $70 for a game that get's included in a service I'm already paying one year later. It's not like I didn't have other, equally good, games to play in the meantime.

PC even offers you the possibility to go with a portable now while Sony has no answer to that beside that joke they call Project Q-Lite.

edit: the thing that keeps me invested in consoles the most are discs but that is clearly on it's way out as well, might as well just accept it and start buying all games on Steam.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oh, so you are making money too? I'm just someone who likes games, I don't own Sony stocks.

I don't own stock, but Sony has delivered. I can understand if you are not into what they are releasing. But the fact of the matter is they are making money, their games are selling, and they have a plan going forward for games that underperform. Which is PC and their service.

When the games we like stop showing then you can raise your pitchforks and be concerned. But currently they are releasing spiderman 2 this year, Wolverine next year, on top of tons of other titles.

Naughty Dog being behind sucks, but it is a 343 style of a fuck up that im glad sony is intervening on internally. Right now all tech companies and companies are hurting because of the recession we are in.

Team Asobi's new titles are not just Astrobot stuff.

I don't like all the GAAS talk as well, but what would you rather see? Would you rather see Sony mandate Sucker Punch, Santa Monica to make GAAS titles? Or make games they want, and use other studios that have more expeiernce making those titles so maybe they get a home run with one of them to get money on a consistent basis from a project budgeted for 40-50 million as opposed to a AAA single player game that cost 4 times as much.

With them going the route of owning GAAS studios, they then can have those help their other studios should they venture out to something knew or add a MP mode to their giant big budget game.

Sony is doing what they need to do, but acting like the sky is falling after one showcase or fear mongering because they are investing in other ventures is just peak cringe.